Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Southern Miss 11

1. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

If I’m Thib, I’m going Christie / Moody / Cash / Marshall today and hoping the offense stays hot.

2. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

I don’t believe a rotation like that can be set until we see how the game progresses. Rawls is definitely the wild card and darn glad he is available for the right need.

Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    SCREAMS lack of confidence with a 10-RUN lead.
    There’s a much bigger picture…

With a series win, and a bracket win in Montgomery, we are very much in discussion for an at-large if we do not win the tournament.

You have to win today. After demoralizing that team last night, the last thing you want is for them to get three or four runs in the ninth-inning and rebuild some confidence. That’s why you saw Rawls. And he can go again today. Some of you were going to disagree with that move but I understood the reason for the decision immediately.

4. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    There’s a much bigger picture…

With a series win, and a bracket win in Montgomery, we are very much in discussion for an at-large if we do not win the tournament.

You have to win today. After demoralizing that team last night, the last thing you want is for them to get three or four runs in the ninth-inning and rebuild some confidence. That’s why you saw Rawls. And he can go again today. Some of you were going to disagree with that move but I understood the reason for the decision immediately.
    There are plenty reasons why it’s more advantageous not to use him there, but I digress.

Is there an update on Theut, McGehee or Hammond injuries? It’s been pretty silent on that front

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are plenty reasons why it’s more advantageous not to use him there, but I digress.

Is there an update on Theut, McGehee or Hammond injuries? It’s been pretty silent on that front
    None are available the rest of the season. They shut Mcgehee down a few weeks ago and mentioned it back then. Hammond said on Tuesday that he was done. And Dylan is pretty obvious.

6. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don’t believe a rotation like that can be set until we see how the game progresses. Rawls is definitely the wild card and darn glad he is available for the right need.
    The flow of the game always dictates decisions, but those are the guys I'm going into battle with, all things being equal. I like Moody against this aggressive USM lineup. They have a few bad ball swingers and Moody's best pitch is that split action that dives down. Cash is developing into a very confident young man and when he's on, his ability to locate is very good. Marshall would be a great change of pace and has the best slider on the team.

The flow of the game always dictates decisions, but those are the guys I'm going into battle with, all things being equal. I like Moody against this aggressive USM lineup. They have a few bad ball swingers and Moody's best pitch is that split action that dives down. Cash is developing into a very confident young man and when he's on, his ability to locate is very good. Marshall would be a great change of pace and has the best slider on the team.
    Agree with all of this except I would go Rawls instead of Marshall.

Marshall has great ability but he’s not reliable enough for my liking. Lack of command is a HUGE issue, both in and out of the zone.

8. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Agree with all of this except I would go Rawls instead of Marshall.

Marshall has great ability but he’s not reliable enough for my liking. Lack of command is a HUGE issue, both in and out of the zone.
    True, but he can be 'effectively wild' against aggressive lineups. I like the lefty with wipeout stuff after a steady dose of righties. But I agree that he has to throw the FB for a strike.

If I’m Thib, I’m going Christie / Moody / Cash / Marshall today and hoping the offense stays hot.
    Steven cash has gone from almost the bottom of the rotation to one of our most reliable arms over the past few weeks. He’s probably one I trust the most

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Steven cash has gone from almost the bottom of the rotation to one of our most reliable arms over the past few weeks. He’s probably one I trust the most
    I like him too. And can definitely see him as a starting rotation candidate next season.

11. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

All of these guys are fine to use but Rawls will be the wildcard if things start to get out of hand. Everybody but Christie and Rawls should be on a short leash.

LETS ROLL BABY!!!

CAJUNS 1

CAJUNS 2

15. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

DONT LET THE CAJUNS GET HOT BABY

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information