Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

1. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

In this context "Louisiana" is a nickname not unlike Alabama.

As such it can 100% be used for academic and alumni references.

The website "Louisiana.edu" is 25 years old and 600 East St Mary Blvd is still afraid of the shadow it casts.

Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In this context "Louisiana" is a nickname not unlike Alabama.

As such it can 100% be used for academic and alumni references.

The website "Louisiana.edu" is 25 years old and 600 East St Mary Blvd is still afraid of the shadow it casts.
    We are Carnegie I and the clear leader of the UL System. And, our governor is a UL alum. Show some balls and refer to the university academically and athletically as LOUISIANA. The academic logo has both the legal name and the nickname, a perfect logo with proper reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….ahhhhh….WHY WHY WHY…STOP IT… please just LOUISIANA or UL….DAMN WE GO ON NATIONAL TV AND THEY LOUISIANA US…are we just stupid?
    The answer to that is a resounding YES!

4. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

has anyone who posts here directly asked representatives of that association who post here who is blocking the just LOUISIANA

Y’all continue to fight the name battle fellas. We have fought too hard to back down! Geaux Louisiana !

6. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    has anyone who posts here directly asked representatives of that association who post here who is blocking the just LOUISIANA
    Editors.

A version of writers block, no one is literally blocking use of "LOUISIANA"

A few years ago I had clean audio of UL usage where editors in subsequent print added "at Lafayette" to the verbal quotes. I still have it but have no idea where to look because I have 1000's of unlabeled clips.

CajunFun might be able to shed a light on this.

8. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

. . . it would be beneficial for ALL efforts to stay away from the past and focus on the future . . . that way the effort would remain totally positive . . . you know . . . the Louisiana way . . .

9. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

. . . it would be beneficial for ALL efforts to stay away from the past and focus on the future . . . that way the effort would remain totally positive . . . you know . . . the Louisiana way . . .
    …………Ahead!!!!

10. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

I agree, I never understood why (to this day) UL Press releases are stuck on a 1985 "every utterance" interpretation of the name change.

It wasn't valid then, it makes no sense today.

Move forward.

This change from USL to UL Lafayette has been a disaster. We finally become Louisiana in 2017 and to this very day, D1 Baseball still has UL Lafayette on their site in few places.

ALL BROADCASTS have been calling us Louisiana for years now, of course with hiccups here and there, and don't even count in-state schools calling us that, that's them simply acting like a child. i.e. Atlanta calling the Saints "Visitor" on their scoreboards.

My point is this: when kids across the nation see clips of our programs on espn, YouTube, etc. and they see LOUISIANA RAGIN' CAJUNS on everything, who the F is UL Lafayette.

ITS 2024 AND UL LAFAYETTE IS KILLING OUR BRAND.

P.s. if you wanna see some sick Cajuns gear, no UL Lafayette dork bull _____ dildeaux on fire, go check out Absolutely on Kaliste Saloom. It's a game-changer, seeing our bad ass Cajuns script back.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana Alumni Association has developed a comprehensive strategic plan to guide how the organization engages alumni and strengthens their connection to several key areas.

According to Amy Armstrong, associate vice president for alumni engagement and chief executive officer of the Louisiana Alumni Association, the plan was developed with the association board after months of meetings and discussions with alumni and key stakeholders.

“We are thankful for alumni eager to engage with the University on all levels. They want to do anything they can to further the mission of Louisiana,” Armstrong said. “The strategic plan will help us to identify the most impactful ways they can do so.”

The plan consists of four pillars:

Connecting alumni to the University: strengthening campus relationships through promoting and preserving University traditions and encouraging alumni support.

Connecting alumni to the community: promoting the positive impact of the University and its unique culture, both in Acadiana and in other communities in which alumni live.

Connecting alumni to each other: fostering alumni engagement through communication, promoting accomplishments and encouraging participation.

Connecting alumni to students: contributing to the undergraduate experience by supporting graduates and modeling effective alumni engagement.

Each pillar outlines ways to strengthen alumni’s connections in the respective areas. The pillars will also guide the ways in which the Alumni Association creates opportunities for engagement, specifically through programming and new initiatives.

For Louisiana Alumni Association Board President Chris Richard, the strategic plan is not only a document to guide engagement efforts but also a roadmap to guide how alumni can participate while enhancing their experiences.

“Engagement makes the University stronger by having alumni contributing their time and resources,” Richard said. “A stronger, engaged alumni build pride in the community and provides support in important legislative issues affecting the future of Louisiana.”

In the coming weeks, Armstrong and the board will share the complete plan with the public and visit with alumni clubs and chapters and other stakeholders to discuss the plan and share ideas for engagement.

You know, maybe i am missing the point, but what benefit do we get from Alumni Assn besides tailgating on game day? I believe we get more bang for the buck with athletic promotion/donation and growing our national fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    You know, maybe i am missing the point, but what benefit do we get from Alumni Assn besides tailgating on game day? I believe we get more bang for the buck with athletic promotion/donation and growing our national fan base.
    They line up affordable bus trips to away games, right?

14. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They line up affordable bus trips to away games, right?
    only games @lafayette

15. Default Re: Strategic Plan: Alumni.Louisiana

It's a person in the communications department. I took years of arguing to change the association's Logo from the brick archway to the Fleur des Lis! The reason (excuse) protecting the brand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information