Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 0, Southern Miss 4

1. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

We still have to win the tournament, regardless of what happens.

Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I can't disagree. IF [and a huge IF] we sweep this weekend which I give zero shot of that happening, we may have a shot if we just get to the finals in the tournament and not necessarily winning it. But let's face it, getting swept by James Madison was a defining moment to this entire season. Not to mention losses on the road to Rice and South Alabama hurt and top that off with a home loss to mighty High Point. We pretty much set ourselves up for the current situation. We just have to take it inning by inning from here on out.

3. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I can't disagree. IF [and a huge IF] we sweep this weekend which I give zero shot of that happening, we may have a shot if we just get to the finals in the tournament and not necessarily winning it. But let's face it, getting swept by James Madison was a defining moment to this entire season. Not to mention losses on the road to Rice and South Alabama hurt and top that off with a home loss to mighty High Point. We pretty much set ourselves up for the current situation. We just have to take it inning by inning from here on out.
    We dont NEED to sweep this weekend. D1 baseball had us in the first 4 out for the regionals. Win the series and dont ____ the sheets in the sbc tournament and we squeak in with an at-large

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    when did things get dicey with Southern Miss over there, was it just last year?
    2 yrs ago with the freshman on mound

Quote Originally Posted by Des for prez View Post
    We dont NEED to sweep this weekend. D1 baseball had us in the first 4 out for the regionals. Win the series and dont ____ the sheets in the sbc tournament and we squeak in with an at-large
    D1 and others had UL softball hosting. How did that turn out?

Tanner Hall on the mound tonight. We'll need to score 8+ against a guy who hasn't given up more than 5 in a single game this year and opponents have a BA of .211.

7. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Youre right. They arent experts and its just a prediction, but 2 wins this weekend would put us at 5-5 against top 25 (sweep 6-4) with good enough rpi to secure us in the top 64

8. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Tanner Hall on the mound tonight. We'll need to score 8+ against a guy who hasn't given up more than 5 in a single game this year and opponents have a BA of .211.
    How many Louisiana’s has he faced?

9. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Youre right. They arent experts and its just a prediction, but 2 wins this weekend would put us at 5-5 against top 25 (sweep 6-4) with good enough rpi to secure us in the top 64
    I’m with the Pres . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    May as well not even show up

So when did D1 Baseball become the end all be all in their "predictions" ? Trust me, we can win or sweep this series but go 1-2 in the SBC, we go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No question. Like last year, our only path.

13. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    So when did D1 Baseball become the end all be all in their "predictions" ? Trust me, we can win or sweep this series but go 1-2 in the SBC, we go nowhere.
    I'm glad you were able to get through at least half of my post before compulsively writing another pessimistic comment. The situation is win the series and play well in the SBC tourney and we make it in.

None of those last 4 in will even make the tourney with bid stealers. The only way we have a chance is to sweep this weekend

15. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    None of those last 4 in will even make the tourney with bid stealers. The only way we have a chance is to sweep this weekend
    We jumped 14 spots this past week after sweeping #37 in rpi at home. I believe getting 2 in Hattiesburg will move us up around the same and a half ass showing in Montgomery could give us security regarding bid stealers. I agree with you though, we would love a sweep

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information