Default Speed trap on Congress by Adrians

Trap around Adrians

Default Re: Speed trap on Congress by Adrians

Here’s an idea - don’t speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Trap around Adrians
    Got caught?

They love hiding in the shade between Adrienne’s and LHS.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Here’s an idea - don’t speed?
    Kthnx

That’s not a speed trap.

Speed traps were perfected in Sorento years ago. New azalea bushes hid the change in speed signs. Constant battle to remember where the changes were. Alcohol may have played a role. It was the 60s. I’m not proud.

I wish all the speed trap towns in north Louisiana and Maurice would just be honest and charge a toll to pass through. It would make it a lot more transparent as to what they are ultimately doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I wish all the speed trap towns in north Louisiana and Maurice would just be honest and charge a toll to pass through. It would make it a lot more transparent as to what they are ultimately doing.
    Speaking of speed traps, what’s the activation date of the state’s money maker on the basin bridge?

I hate speed traps but Congress has become another Johnston Street in terms of motorist totally ignoring posted speed limits. Going 70 on a congested road like that is totally unacceptable, but I see it all of the time. The end of Congress east of the Cajun Dome is even worse. My daughter lives in the Saints Street area, and getting in and out of her neighborhood can be a harrowing experience.

10. Default Re: Speed trap on Congress by Adrians

Not everybody is a crawfish . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I hate speed traps but Congress has become another Johnston Street in terms of motorist totally ignoring posted speed limits. Going 70 on a congested road like that is totally unacceptable, but I see it all of the time. The end of Congress east of the Cajun Dome is even worse. My daughter lives in the Saints Street area, and getting in and out of her neighborhood can be a harrowing experience.
    I grew up in the Saint Streets, and yeah, traffic is pretty rough over there. Trying to turn into your neighborhood could be pretty dangerous, like you said. People really do not drive safely in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You can add Jeanerette to that list. That's how they treat their stretch of Hwy 90, a toll road.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Speaking of speed traps, what’s the activation date of the state’s money maker on the basin bridge?
    Inquiring minds would like to know. I Would like to know. my cruise control don’t work on to 70 .

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Speed traps were perfected in Sorento years ago. New azalea bushes hid the change in speed signs. Constant battle to remember where the changes were. Alcohol may have played a role. It was the 60s. I’m not proud.
    My wife is from Sorrento. First thing she told me “don’t speed”….

Golden Meadow heading down to Fourchon, G.I. was the #1 in the country back in the day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information