Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB portal

Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If that is true [and I acknowledge that it may well be], it is tampering and is an NCAA violation. Not that the NCAA will do anything about it, but it is clearly a violation to offer money to a student athlete to transfer from a school to which they are already contractually obligated. They can certainly legally offer money, but it cannot be tied to a transfer obligation.
    I agree, and if she stays, we may never know that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Well, TSAB is coming after one of our freshmen with NIL money.
    So, actively recruiting a player enrolled in another university? That would seem about right.

3. Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

Just like it used to be, right.

4. Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

I agree, and if she stays, we may never know that it happened.
    I have no inside information, but I think I can assume who this might be. We had a handful of Freshman make inpacts this year, but 2 of them were heads and shoulders above others and if it is either of these two it would be a huge loss. I am hoping all of our Freshmen impact players stay with us.

Does anyone really think it is a coincidence that they win a national championship in women's basketball and are now getting the best team money can buy?

Does anyone really think it is a coincidence that they win a national championship in women's basketball and are now getting the best team money can buy?
    Just like Dale Brown in his first year signed to two best prospects in NYC to come to a school with almost no basketball tradition without offering any financial enticement, I am sure Kim Mulkey's recruiting methods are as pure as the driven snow.

For those who believe any of that, I also have Pacific front property in western Arizona for sale at very competitive prices.

7. Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

They literally got away with cash being accepted by players on the actual field on live TV. And ncaa did not a thing. Just imagine if anyone else did that. And isn't smoking inside the superdome illegal and people arrested for that?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While it is true that some girls transfer out of one school to attend another, it is much less common than for guys. If you recall last year the only Louisiana girls in the portal were those who had already been dismissed from the team for various reasons.

Considering the closeness of this group of girls among themselves, the coaches and the fans, and further considering our success this year and prospects for even more success in the next 2-3 years, it is very unlikely that we lose any girl who played a significant role this year.

The money doesn't flow to girls like it does to guys, and no school is going to risk an NCAA investigation for tampering to get even an All-American female athlete, especially in a non-revenue sport.
    Unless you get Gordon, and get it done…

Well, TSAB is coming after one of our freshmen with NIL money.
    Melrock, you know I love ya! I don't know your source, but this would be a shocker if it were to happen.

It would be a shocker for a couple of reasons.

First, I know Davis's dad and I know Allred's mom. They love having their kids play for the Cajuns.

Secondly, if Allred were to transfer there, her swing would be ruined within 2 months by their hitting coach Howard Dobson. He is famous for that. Just ask Maci Bergeron. LSU has a leadoff hitter, her name is Danica Coffey. She is very, very good. There's no way LSU would give the leadoff spot to Davis.

Davis said on signing day, she had two goals. To be an All-American every year at UL and to win a national championship. She is on her way to accomplishing the first one and hopefully, before she's done, she will accomplish the second one.

She has a better chance of doing what she said at UL then at LSU.

10. Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Melrock, you know I love ya! I don't know your source, but this would be a shocker if it were to happen.

First, I know Davis's dad and I know Allred's mom. They love having their kids play for the Cajuns.

Secondly, if Allred were to transfer there, her swing would be ruined within 2 months by their hitting coach Howard Dobson. He is famous for that. Just ask Maci Bergeron. LSU has a leadoff hitter, her name is Danica Coffey. She is very, very good. There's no way LSU would give the leadoff spot to Davis.

Davis said on signing day, she had two goals. To be an All-American every year at UL and to win a national championship. She is on her way to accomplishing the first one and hopefully, before she's done, she will accomplish the second one.

He did not say she was going. He did not say anyone was going. Nothing you have said has anything to do with whether they are on the prowl for our best two players. Maybe our players will not be enticed with money. Maybe not. But rest assured, it appears that money is being offered and it’s being offered from really close by.

Good observations Rory. Besides, who would want to play in BR for TSAB and those awful fans?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Good observations Rory. Besides, who would want to play in BR for TSAB and those awful fans?
    Maybe the players should go read the hatred on tiger rant, tiger droppings to see how much they will be criticized by the fans if they were to make so much as one error.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He did not say she was going. He did not say anyone was going. Nothing you have said has anything to do with whether they are on the prowl for our best two players. Maybe our players will not be enticed with money. Maybe not. But rest assured, it appears that money is being offered and it’s being offered from really close by.
    How do you know that? Give me your source and which institution you are referring to.

14. Default Re: Mihyia Davis Honored

Maybe the players should go read the hatred on tiger rant, tiger droppings to see how much they will be criticized by the fans if they were to make so much as one error.
    Well, they can get that here, ask 23 . . .

So Bergeron transferring with the horrible hitting coach or staying?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information