Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: SB-R Final: Louisiana 5, Omaha 0

UL Softball SB-R Final: Louisiana 5, Omaha 0

Here is a quick rundown of the matchup between Louisiana and Omaha.

RPI/SOS

Louisiana is significantly better in both RPI [11 to 96] and SOS [13 to 169].

Pitching: Omaha has two pitchers who have pitched all but 28 innings this year. Kamryn Meyer is 17-7 with an ERA of 1.47, a WHIP of 0.96 and a BA against of .160; Sydney Nulsmer is 13-7 with an ERA of 3.88, a WHIP of 1.48 and a BA against of .286
    The staff ERA is 3.54, staff WHIP is 1.21, staff BA against is .221.

Pitching is the strength of this team, but Louisiana has a clear advantage in pitching.

Sam Landry is 17-4 with an ERA of 2.02, a WHIP of 1.08 and a BA against of .183; Meghan Schorman is 14-6 with an ERA of 1.84, a WHIP of 1.08 and a BA against of .200; Kandra Lamb is 9-1 with an ERA of 1.42, a WHIP of 0.81 and a BA against of 1.41; Karly Heath is 5-1 with an ERA of 2.33, a WHIP of 0.97 and a BA against of .153.
    The staff ERA is 2.03, staff WHIP is 1.06, staff BA against is .186.

Hitting: Again a clear advantage for Louisiana.

Omaha team BA is .258, Slugging Percentage is .374, OPS is .735
    As a team they have 77 Doubles, 10 Triples and 16 Home Runs; so decent gap power but not much threat to beat you with the long ball. They have stolen 64 bases in 73 attempts, a success rate of .877, so they don't run much, but are fairly successful when they do run.

Louisiana team BA is .309, Slugging Percentage is .515, OPS is .894
    As a team, Louisiana has 70 doubles, 14 triples and 72 home runs; so decent gap power and outstanding Home Run power. Louisiana has stolen 128 bases in 156 attempts, a success rate of .821. Louisiana is very aggressive on the base paths.

Overall, Louisiana has better numbers against better competition than Omaha, and should be heavily favored in this game. But it IS a stick and ball sport; anything can happen.

2. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

This is an interesting team. They have played very well vs some really good teams.

Some wins and close losses:

Beat Iowa State 5-1
    Lost to Texas 6-7
    Lost to UCA 0-1
    Split with Iowa
    Beat SLU 3-2
    Lost to Miss State 3-4

Some of these close losses scare you a little, I do believe UL is the better team, but this team has played well against some decent teams.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Iowa was RPI 63
    Iowa State was 70
    MSU was 47
    SLU was 54

All decent, but not outstanding teams.

Now Texas and UCA ARE very good teams, so there is some cause for concern.

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Iowa was RPI 63
    Iowa State was 70
    MSU was 47
    SLU was 54

All decent, but not outstanding teams.

Now Texas and UCA ARE very good teams, so there is some cause for concern.
    Agreed, that was my point, this team played some pretty good games against some good teams. Every single one of these teams were top 100 RPI teams, and SLU was almost the Southland conference champs.

I think if the Cajuns play remotely well, we beat Omaha handily, my point was they should not be taken lightly as they have played well against some pretty good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Agreed, that was my point, this team played some pretty good games against some good teams. Every single one of these teams were top 100 RPI teams, and SLU was almost the Southland conference champs.

I think if the Cajuns play remotely well, we beat Omaha handily, my point was they should not be taken lightly as they have played well against some pretty good teams.
    I completely agree with this. I also think that the chances of us being unfocused or distracted for any game in this region are VERY remote.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Good pitching will usually allow a team to stay close to an otherwise superior opponent. That is what you are seeing in Omaha. It is what you saw generally with the Cajuns against top 25 opponents . . . our pitching kept us close but our bats did not allow us to prevail. Omaha does not have the bats we have.

Our team is going to play angry.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    And this is what's most interesting to me.
    What do we look like completely ____ed off. I can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And this is what's most interesting to me.
    What do we look like completely ____ed off. I can't wait to see it.
    I watched Lauren Allred. she was totally ready to go kick someone's azz. An angry and focused Cajun's team is not something anyone wants to play.

10. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

I watched Lauren Allred. she was totally ready to go kick someone's azz. An angry and focused Cajun's team is not something anyone wants to play.
    Allred, Maddie Hayden, Sophie P, Karly, Lex Why would anyone want to ____ off those girls? Cajuns might be the most dangerous team in this tournament not from Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Allred, Maddie Hayden, Sophie P, Karly, Lex Why would anyone want to ____ off those girls? Cajuns might be the most dangerous team in this tournament not from Oklahoma.
    The whole team was ____ed and the 6 that I spoke to was ready to play right away.

She didn't eat any crawfish, so she wasn't just hangry.

Angry does not equate to good baseball/softball. Angry players swing at bad pitches and make bad throws in the field. Let's hope it leads to more focus not more anger! Every team should be giving 110% in the post-season. I don't like the angry/revenge angle to be honest.

Just play our game and win!

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I don't think playing angry will help one bit, but if they play like they are capable, they will be in a Super Regional.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Angry does not equate to good baseball. Angry players swing at bad pitches and make bad throws in the field. Let's hope it leads to more focus not more anger! Every team should be giving 110% in the post-season. I don't like the angry/revenge angle to be honest.

Just play our game and win!
    Depends on how anger affects you. Anger can be a tool to focus you better or it can be an emotional turmoil that keeps you from focusing.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information