Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: SB-R Final: Louisiana 5, Omaha 0

1. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Well, if you are going to transfer to another high end team, good chances are the talent you will compete with may be even more than you are competing with here. I say most will stay, continue to grow and try to win a national championship here.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Our team is going to play angry.
    Playing angry can be a detriment. Anger can overcome focus at times. Playing inspired but with concentration is key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I would not be surprised to see all players return next season.
    That makes one of us.

That makes one of us.
    We did not lose any last year. Of course this is a new year. I will not be surprised either way, but I certainly do not see any kind of mass migration of players leaving.

I don't know about a mass departure. I don't think that will happen. But we are naive to think no one will leave.

I don't know about a mass departure. I don't think that will happen. But we are naive to think no one will leave.
    I was surprised when no one left last year. I am hopeful that none leave this year. Then again I am a fan[atic], hence always looking through my favorite vermilion glasses.

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I was surprised when no one left last year. I am hopeful that none leave this year. Then again I am a fan[atic], hence always looking through my favorite vermilion glasses.
    Actually, a couple of underclassmen leave the team last year, granted neither of significant importance, but both played major roles on their new teams.

Taylor Snow was a starting pitcher for New Mexico this year.
    Frankie Izard was a starter for about half the season for FIU.

The other two who were listed as underclassmen but did not seem to end up anywhere were:

Ari Quiones and Vanessa Foreman.

If I am not mistaken some of these ladies were removed from the team, but we did have a couple of players not return for one reason or another.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

I believe they will pretty much all be back.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I would not be surprised to see all players return next season.
    Doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    And we've got Stutes coming in next year - to compete for 2B (I think) - although she played SS @ STM.
    I would like to think that all kids coming in and coming back would compete for there spot. Nothing is promised.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Yeah what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Actually, a couple of underclassmen leave the team last year, granted neither of significant importance, but both played major roles on their new teams.

Taylor Snow was a starting pitcher for New Mexico this year.
    Frankie Izard was a starter for about half the season for FIU.

The other two who were listed as underclassmen but did not seem to end up anywhere were:

Ari Quiones and Vanessa Foreman.

If I am not mistaken some of these ladies were removed from the team, but we did have a couple of players not return for one reason or another.
    Taylor left and never played an inning at UL, Frankie and Vanessa were removed from the team, Ari graduated and retired from the sport with a year of eligibility left.

13. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Doubt that will happen.
    With only 10 available starting spots (assuming that the pitcher doesn't hit for herself) and with more than 10 players wanting to start, the portal makes it so damn easy for a quality player (especially one with a decent resume) to look for greener pastures. The Cajuns have a lot of alphas wanting to play every inning of every game. It would surprise me if they don't lose a couple to the portal at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    With only 10 available starting spots (assuming that the pitcher doesn't hit for herself) and with more than 10 players wanting to start, the portal makes it so damn easy for a quality player (especially one with a decent resume) to look for greener pastures. The Cajuns have a lot of alphas wanting to play every inning of every game. It would surprise me if they don't lose a couple to the portal at the end of the season.
    Every team has players that don't play much, but want to play more.

15. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

And few coaches used 13 or 14 players a game like Glasco does.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information