Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: SB-R Final: Louisiana 5, Omaha 0

Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Cajuns will go undefeated at the BR Regional. Their face showed it all last night!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    She’s not as good as the one we have now.
    From the stat sheet.
    Batting average.
    Stormy .280. Cissy .185.
    Fielding percentage.
    Stormy .927
    Cissy .918

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Agreed, that was my point, this team played some pretty good games against some good teams. Every single one of these teams were top 100 RPI teams, and SLU was almost the Southland conference champs.

I think if the Cajuns play remotely well, we beat Omaha handily, my point was they should not be taken lightly as they have played well against some pretty good teams.
    Can’t overlook anyone at this point. In the 2021 Regional in BR, we beat George Washington 1-0 in 11 innings in our opening game.

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    From the stat sheet.
    Batting average.
    Stormy .280. Cissy .185.
    Fielding percentage.
    Stormy .927
    Cissy .918
    Both kids bring different things to the table, that help us win. Cissy’s Fielding % at just 2B is .973. Stormy has contributed by coming off the bench. Stormy was 2 for 2 in the SBC Tournament, with a Sacrifice Fly and 1 RBI, in three plate appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    Both kids bring different things to the table, that help us win. Cissy’s Fielding % at just 2B is .973. Stormy has contributed by coming off the bench. Stormy was 2 for 2 in the SBC Tournament, with a Sacrifice Fly and 1 RBI, in three plate appearances.
    That's why Stormy needs more at bats. If she's swinging a hot bat, why keep her on the bench until pinch hitting late?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That's why Stormy needs more at bats. If she's swinging a hot bat, why keep her on the bench until pinch hitting late?
    Maybe she will be in left field.

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

The moves in the middle infield were made at the beginning of the Texas State series. At that time the team fielding percentage was .961 and has now improved to .968. Personally I love defense, and the Cajuns are 16-1 since the beginning of the Texas State series. Nice to have those players coming off the bench in big spots when needed. Just my opinion, which is pretty much irrelevant.

The moves in the middle infield were made at the beginning of the Texas State series. At that time the team fielding percentage was .961 and has now improved to .968. Personally I love defense, and the Cajuns are 16-1 since the beginning of the Texas State series. Nice to have those players coming off the bench in big spots when needed. Just my opinion, which is pretty much irrelevant.
    I agree with this. The defense has improved since a set lineup has been established in the infield.

Stormy was 2 for 3 with 1 RBI on a SF
    Vasquez was 1 for 3 with 1 walk and 2 RBI

So both had 4 plate appearances and both reached base twice.
    No clear advantage for either one there.

I love Stormy being on the field also BUT, as mentioned, we are playing very good defense with this lineup AND, Stormy is still showing her value in critical situations.

11. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

I would not be surprised to see Stormy enter the portal at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Stormy enter the portal at the end of the season.
    Along with Falterman and Echete.

13. Default Re: Louisiana vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Yep, the problem is you can only have 1 DP per game, this is a problem when you are as deep as the Cajuns are. Thank goodness Taylor Roman was not really healthy all year or the problem would even be bigger. We already have an issue where one of your better players (Sophie Piskos) is eating up the DP role because she is platooning behind the plate because Valdez, who is better behind the dish is holding her own with the bat as well. You have a hard time finding places for players like:

Campbell
    Piskos
    Falterman
    Echete
    Stormy
    Credeur
    Vasquez
    Graeter

You can find a spot for a few of these between platooning and DP, but at the end of the day it is hard to find a spot for everyone. And it does not get easier next year when unless people hit the portal, you don't lose but 1 position player to graduation (Karly Heath).

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    And we've got Stutes coming in next year - to compete for 2B (I think) - although she played SS @ STM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    I would not be surprised to see all players return next season.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information