Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

1. UL Softball Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

No. 24 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball received its assignment for the program's 24th consecutive appearance in the NCAA Division I Softball Tournament on Sunday, May 14 when it was revealed during the Selection Show that the squad was placed into the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional at Tiger Park in Baton Rouge, La.

2. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Headed to Baton Rouge Regional, Again

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team will be playing in the Baton Rouge Regional hosted by the LSU Tigers.

3. Default Re: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

…l'lI at least hope that we will be called Louisiana by ALL THE MEDIA…….THIS INCLUDES THE LSU SCOREBOARD!

Default Re: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

Let's just be sure we are called winners at end of the tournament. Everyone knows it will be ULL on the scoreboard, irrelevant.

How do we get tickets for this?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    How do we get tickets for this?
    If you are an RCAF member [or maybe a season ticket holder, I am both so I am not sure which triggered it] you should have already received an email with a link to a ticket request form. No one can get more than 4 tickets. Tickets will be issued in accordance with RCAF rank. Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow.

I'm not on the side of "favorable road path to OKC." You want to host. If our name was different, we would have. At least that's my conspiracy theory. But we didn't exactly get a bad draw on the road.

We were as close as any Glasco team has been to hosting but will be on the road again. Maybe this year it will settle the debate for hosting as a fringe seed vs. going on the road and hoping to upset.

It's hard to win a regional on the road and only seems to be getting harder. If we do it, and we have a couple of times in Baton Rouge, then that's awesome. If we don't, let's just shut down the favorable road matchup talk. 5 years, potentially 6, of that stuff.

UL Softball Re: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I'm not on the side of "favorable road path to OKC." You want to host. If our name was different, we would have. At least that's my conspiracy theory. But we didn't exactly get a bad draw on the road.

We were as close as any Glasco team has been to hosting but will be on the road again. Maybe this year it will settle the debate for hosting as a fringe seed vs. going on the road and hoping to upset.

It's hard to win a regional on the road and only seems to be getting harder. If we do it, and we have a couple of times in Baton Rouge, then that's awesome. If we don't, let's just shut down the favorable road matchup talk. 5 years, potentially 6, of that stuff.
    Last year there were a relatively large number of "upsets" both in the Regional and Super Regional rounds. This is a direct reflection of the inefficiency [or corruption, depending on your mindset] of the selection committee.

UL Softball Re: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

It is just easier to win at home. It does not mean the committee got it right, it means they gave a team an easier road.

Eleven of sixteen higher seed teams advanced, 68.8%. Seeds 2, 6, 11, 13, and 15 did not advance.

• Mississippi State defeated 2 Florida.
    • Stanford defeated 6 Alabama.
    • Oregon State defeated 11 Tennessee.
    • Texas defeated 13 Washington.
    • Arizona defeated 15 Missouri.

Arizona, Texas, Oregon State, and Texas all advanced to the WCWS 2021

Fourteen of sixteen higher seed advance, 87.5%. Seeds 9 and 13 did not advance.

• JMU defeated 9 Tennessee.
    • Georgia defeated 13 Duke, but they played in Athens, GA.

Both Georgia and JUM advanced to the WCWS.

No tournament because of Covid.

Fifteen of sixteen higher seed teams advanced, 93.8%.

• JMU defeated 15 Michigan

All sixteen seeds advanced to round two, 100%. In addition, all eight top seeds advanced to the WCWS.

All sixteen seeds advanced to round two, 100%. Seeds 9, 10, 13, and 15 advanced to WCWS.

Fourteen of sixteen higher seed advance, 87.5%. Seeds 9 and 13 did not advance.
    • Utah defeated 9 Kentucky.
    • Arizona defeated 13 Tennessee.

Fourteen of sixteen higher seed advance, 87.5%. Seeds 15 and 16 did not advance.

• Kentucky defeated 16 Notre Dame.
    • NC State defeated 15 James Madison.

All higher seeds advanced to the WCWS.

Fourteen of sixteen higher seed advance, 87.5%. Seeds 9 and 15 did not advance.

• Michigan defeated 9 Arizona.
    • Nebraska defeated 15 Missouri.

Kentucky 14 and Baylor 13 advanced to the WCWS.

Fourteen of sixteen higher seed advance, 87.5%. Seeds 9 and 15 did not advance.

• Louisiana defeated 9 LSU.
    • UAB defeated 15 Louisville.

Washington 11 and Nebraska 14 advanced to the WCWS.

Twelve of sixteen higher seed advance, 75.0%. Seeds 5, 8, 12, and 15 did not advance.
    • LSU defeated 8 Texas A&M.
    • South Florida defeated 5 Florida.
    • San Diego State defeated 12 UCLA.
    • Michigan defeated 15 Louisville.

Oregon 11, South Florida, and LSU advanced to the WCWS.
    The number of higher seeds advanced by year.
    2012 - 12
    2013 - 14
    2014 - 14
    2015 - 14
    2016 - 14
    2017 - 16
    2018 - 16
    2019 - 15
    2020 - No games played, Covid.
    2021 - 14 - Georgia was a lower seed but advanced while playing at home.
    2022 - 11

Higher seeds won 87.5%, or the home team won 88.1% of the time. Honestly, I did not think the numbers would be so lopsided. Twice in the last five years, all national seeds won and advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If you are an RCAF member [or maybe a season ticket holder, I am both so I am not sure which triggered it] you should have already received an email with a link to a ticket request form. No one can get more than 4 tickets. Tickets will be issued in accordance with RCAF rank. Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow.
    I put in my request. I would assume LSU sells out these things correct?

Last year there were a relatively large number of "upsets" both in the Regional and Super Regional rounds. This is a direct reflection of the inefficiency [or corruption, depending on your mindset] of the selection committee.
    I was talking more about us winning on the road. No doubt, the upsets are fun. Love when it happens. It just has not happened to us since, what, 2013 in Baton Rouge?

Correct. They are required to allot a certain number of tickets to each visiting team. I am not sure of the number, maybe it is a percentage of total capacity rather than a fixed number.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I was talking more about us winning on the road. No doubt, the upsets are fun. Love when it happens. It just has not happened to us since, what, 2013 in Baton Rouge?
    Most 2 seeds are not as strong as us and also haven't already won at the host site they are attending that year. We already beat them in Baton Rouge this year, I expect us to do it again.

14. Default Re: Louisiana to Start NCAA Postseason Journey in Baton Rouge

Besides Louisiana, how many of the two seeds are playing a forever opponent?

Correct. They are required to allot a certain number of tickets to each visiting team. I am not sure of the number, maybe it is a percentage of total capacity rather than a fixed number.
    They allotted us a grand total of 100 tickets. After the players, coaches, and administrators get theirs (I think 2 or 3 each), there are almost none left.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information