Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: SB 2023: Regional Hosting or Not? NOT!

1. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

They are ____ed. They are very ____ed. If you looked at those faces it was confirmed . . ,it was like they had announced the last team and we were out. Hopefully they take it out in their regional. Hey, we have a win against the top seed.

Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Tried to tell y’all in another thread a few weeks ago. Doesn’t matter what we did to finish the season. Breaking down RPI, OOC SOS, Conference championships, wins vs. top 50 etc. We were always going to Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't know what we can do about it in the future but I hurt for our team.
    Every year is different but this year we needed those top tier wins. It will change every year however it would be good to end up with a schedule that has a few of the teams that you think are in the 10-25 range. Better chance at a W than playing a top 5 while still putting up the right stats.

KATC has the video. More like gasps of disgust. Fans were chirping too.

I wish they had a camera on Glasco.

5. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Clemson with a 15 RPI and 66 sos.
    Football juice, aka media hype residuals.

Would have been better for the conference had Marshall won yesterday. Could have screwed the committee before they screwed the team

7. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The biggest farce has to be Alabama at #5
    I do not like Alabama at #5 either. But if you are going to use the wins vs. RPI Top 10 and RPI Top 25 to justify their vault to the #5 national seed, you at least need to make Baylor a national seed.

Baylor was 6-6 vs. the RPI Top 10 and gave Oklahoma their only loss. Alabama was 6-7 vs. the RPI Top 10.

Baylor was 9-7 vs. the RPI Top 25 . Alabama was 9-10. Only six teams had more RPI Top 25 wins than Baylor. There are even less teams that had as many RPI Top 10 wins as Baylor.

No doubt that Baylor's 8-10 conference record (4th place finish) hurt them, though the Big XII was the #1 RPI conference. But Oklahoma State was the 3rd place team from the Big XII with a 10-8 record and was the #6 national seed. Having Oklahoma in that #1 RPI conference immediately gives you an 0-3 conference record (Oklahoma was undefeated in conference). The Baylor win over Oklahoma was a non-conference game.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What regional is the LSU regional paired with?
    Washington.

9. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Would have been better for the conference had Marshall won yesterday. Could have screwed the committee before they screwed the team
    Texas State would have been out. I would rather have Texas State in the field than Marshall.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Texas State would have been out. I would rather have Texas State in the field than Marshall.

Brian
    Totally agree.

I know there were several chances for top 25 wins. I keep going back to the UCLA loss. We had that one and let it slip. That would have been a marquee win, but it looks like even with that, Baylor would have still been ahead.

Utah winning the PAC 12 stole a spot. We may not have had it anyway by the looks of it.

So RPI and seeding when it comes to non “power” conferences is just a tease? I’m just venting. I know it’s not THE metric, but I thought it held more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post

Brian
    Yes.

Our record against Top 25 RPI did us in plain and simple. Tough schedule is great but we had to win a few more of those. But darn, I am tired of going that dump in BR.

Our team is very young. We are a different team since that tournament in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Our record against Top 25 RPI did us in plain and simple. Tough schedule is great but we had to win a few more of those. But darn, I am tired of going that dump in BR.
    Like it or not, Baton Rouge has become UL’s perceived ceiling the last few years. Until UL proves them wrong, it is what it is.

It’s no coincidence McNeese landed in Washington, a team they already beat. And that bracket pair off.

I’m disgusted.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information