Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: SB 2023: Regional Hosting or Not? NOT!

Default Re: Hosting or Not?

With the SEC, BIG10, ACC and PAC12 gaining strength to discuss self-governance, perhaps this is the NCAA's way of coercing them to stay put. If we hook you up in Women's Sports.let us keep Football and Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    With the SEC, BIG10, ACC and PAC12 gaining strength to discuss self-governance, perhaps this is the NCAA's way of coercing them to stay put. If we hook you up in Women's Sports.let us keep Football and Basketball.
    I doubt that. Softball revenue and status compared to football is mere pocket change in the overall schedule. It’s the NCAA’s Tittle IX go to “look at what we did” for women.

3. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Very winnable regional for the Cajuns. In fact, the law of averages says it's the Cajuns year to finally win in Baton Rouge after so many years of defeat. LSU is very beatable this year. Cajun bats just need to show up. Cajuns have the pitching, just need the bats to be there. I do believe that if they had beat UCLA and Arkansas in Clearwater and had not been swept by Texas and Florida, they would have stood a great chance to have hosted. They have seen LSU's pitching twice this year already. They just need to score some runs. And Glasco needs to not be his own worst enemy like he has sometimes been in regards to in-game roster moves as to pitching and pinch hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Very winnable regional for the Cajuns. In fact, the law of averages says it's the Cajuns year to finally win in Baton Rouge after so many years of defeat. LSU is very beatable this year. Cajun bats just need to show up. Cajuns have the pitching, just need the bats to be there. I do believe that if they had beat UCLA and Arkansas in Clearwater and had not been swept by Texas and Florida, they would have stood a great chance to have hosted. They have seen LSU's pitching twice this year already. They just need to score some runs. And Glasco needs to not be his own worst enemy like has has sometimes been in regards to in-game roster moves as to pitching and pinch hitters.
    Spot on. We need Davis to get on base more and Langeliers's bat to win this. That did not happen in conference tournament.

5. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Glasco is fortunate enough to have the roster to make in game roster moves and has been very successful more often than not with them. I believe we should let him and his staff coach the team they recruited to their strengths as he has done all season. We were just a couple of critical hits in the early season against exceptional competition away from hosting. We have what it takes to get out of Baton Rouge this year.

6. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Where did the SBC end up in conference RPI?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Where did the SBC end up in conference RPI?

8. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So we had 2 losses all year in the #6 conference, swept through the SBC tournament, had 2 RPI Top 25 wins, 17 RPI Top 50 wins, scheduled as tough as possible, played 4 RPI Top 5 teams (and lost 3/4 by 1 run each), had a Top 15 SOS / Top 5 OCC SOS / Top 15 RPI…

And playing our best ball right now. What happened to the final 10 games being considered?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So we had 2 losses all year in the #6 conference, swept through the SBC tournament, had 2 RPI Top 25 wins, 17 RPI Top 50 wins, scheduled as tough as possible, played 4 RPI Top 5 teams (and lost 3/4 by 1 run each), had a Top 15 SOS / Top 5 OCC SOS / Top 15 RPI…

And playing our best ball right now. What happened to the final 10 games being considered?
    …but you left out the committee’s all-too-easy-cop-out excuse. 9 top-25 losses

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    If it wasn't that, they would have found another reason to leave us out. I don't think the committee (SEC) even considered us to host.

11. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

. . . Some just have trouble with the facts . . .

12. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I would say to the committee that this team is loaded with underclass(wo)men. They were babies the first 6 weeks and Glasco had the guts to schedule up. This team in May is far superior to that team in Feb.

Again, there used to be a consideration for how you were playing at the end of the year. I'm curious where that has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Very true. And replay can do nothing about the strike zone they will employ against us. We might have to beat the umps too.
    Unfortunately true

14. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

There was an hour show on ESPN after the 30 minute selection show and there was another hour show on SEC network. In all of this coverage, the Cajuns was not mentioned other than announcing that they were selected during the 30 minute selection show and where they flipped to the Cajuns to show them just stunned (not scared, but just stunned) about being sent to BR again. In the hour show on SEC network, that regional was not discussed at all other than a short interview with the head coaches of each of the SEC National seeds.

In that interview with Torino, the Cajuns were not brought up by either side and it was pretty short.

On the other hour show, absolutely nothing was said about that regional.

I watched several of those early season games against top competition. We seemed to have certainly started to play better. BUT… against lesser competition.

Going 2-9 against top tier competition would give me pause if I were on the committee. I am not saying there isn’t an argument to be made for a host. But I could see how it was close.

Winning this regional is certainly obtainable. I hope the team feels disrespected and plays accordingly.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information