Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: SB 2023: Regional Hosting or Not? NOT!

Default Re: Hosting or Not?

This bites, and they will always look for a reason to keep us and other “mid-majors” out if they can, but we left the committee way too big of an opening.

Should be hosting, but Good path to the CWS. This team should be able to win the BR regional and whoever is in the super regional. Just win.

Heck Mcneese could win their regional and we could have a UL vs Mcneese Super in Laffy.

Okay. Trying to put the disappointment aside. My fault I guess for getting hopes up and buying into a lot of the prognostications that has us in. (95 percent of them I saw did…) The odds seem to get more stacked against teams like us year after year. No benefit of the doubt.

Moving on. Omaha is a good draw.

We’re playing better than we were in Feb and March . The tigers were trending down at the end of the season. We beat them there already.

The draw is much easier than last year as a 3 with Clemson and Auburn. Plus we’ll have our full team available. Full pitching staff.

Who’s pitching on Friday?

Didn't even bring up the BR regional. Scared

Maybe we have a better shot this year with the use of instant replay. �� Less likely to get screwed on a big call, IMHO. It's one thing to get the call wrong on the field. another to get it wrong on obvious video replay.

My whole issue is BR regional. Every time we play them in postseason, there’s always a controversial call that goes their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Didn't even bring up the BR regional. Scared
    Haha. I said the same thing. Sat through that show and no analysis of that regional. I was hoping they’d mention how we finished in the rankings and not getting to host. Wishful thinking as it was more of the same. Could have watched the show from last year and not even know.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Haha. I said the same thing. Sat through that show and no analysis of that regional. I was hoping they’d mention how we finished in the rankings and not getting to host. Wishful thinking as it was more of the same. Could have watched the show from last year and not even know.
    I watched too. Thought there would be something said about our record vs. Top 25 as a reason no.11 rpi isn't hosting, but nada.

No hard questions were asked. Just kept reiterating how good the committee did.

At least for March madness they held them to the fire a bit.

Probably the 2 worst hosings were us and Baylor. They didn't say much about them either.

The Cajuns were definitely hosed. The true goal is to get to the WCWS and do damage once they get there. I am extremely disappointed that we are not hosting, but we can still get to the WCWS with this path.

Need to ask Dr Leger the question of why we did not host a regional. She was on the softball select committee.

13. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Probably the 2 worst hosings were us and Baylor. They didn't say much about them either.
    If I were making the selections, I would have had .

#14 Utah
    #15 Georgia
    #16 Baylor
    #17 Louisiana
    #18 Clemson

But I understand why Clemson was chosen over Louisiana. They evaluate very closely overall.

Brian

See attached for Omaha team stats. Not very impressive offensively. Looks like a 1 horse pitching staff.

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Default Re: Hosting or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Should be hosting, but Good path to the CWS. This team should be able to win the BR regional and whoever is in the super regional. Just win.

Heck Mcneese could win their regional and we could have a UL vs Mcneese Super in Laffy.
    McNeese would have beaten the higher seed, so maybe not

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information