Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SB Championship: Louisiana 1, Marshall 0

Default Re: Louisiana -Marshall Conference Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They have a regional type pitcher only, not even close to being a regional type team.
    So I’ve been told.

Default Re: SB Championship: Louisiana 1, Marshall 0

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Agreed, but in her defense, it was a terrible call.
    I just watched that pitch, it dropped in chest high. Could have been called a ball or a strike. She needed to protect the plate in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    You're correct. They could have scheduled it later this evening since there was only 1 game today. No reason to play in 90 degree heat.
    No they couldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    No they couldn't have.
    Why not? There were other conference tournaments finishing after ours.

Sam Landry threw a one hitter.

I for one will not Attribute her performance to a subpar opponent, rather than to her skill as a pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I expected the crowd to be a bit better. Still a few minutes to go, but pretty light considering the circumstances.
    Just a dominant performance from Sam.

It was pretty hot out there in the outfield. There were some graduations today. That’s the only things I can think of for the crowd. I was still surprised there wasn’t a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    What a performance from Sam Landry

Congrats to Coach Glasco and his team
    Congrats to Coach Glasco and his daughter Tara for both winning conference tournaments today.

8. Default Re: Louisiana -Marshall Conference Championship Game

Can we get a video of the great def play and the blocking??? Been sitting around watching My Pillow ads!!!!!!

9. Default Re: Louisiana -Marshall Conference Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Trahan View Post
    Yeah, Bobby was quickly adamant that she should have been run.
    My first reaction was that she should have been thrown out. During commercial break I thought about it and when we came back on the air I said I thought the plate umpire did a good job of staying composed and let the student athlete stay in the game. Gave her a warning in a championship game with the score 1-0. Lot of pressure on those young ladies in that situation. Thought the umpire did a great job there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post
    My first reaction was that she should have been thrown out. During commercial break I thought about it and when we came back on the air I said I thought the plate umpire did a good job of staying composed and let the student athlete stay in the game. Gave her a warning in a championship game with the score 1-0. Lot of pressure on those young ladies in that situation. Thought the umpire did a great job there.
    What did you think about the pitch? I just watched that pitch on thegame replay, it dropped in chest high. Could have been called a ball or a strike. She needed to protect the plate in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What did you think about the pitch? I just watched that pitch on thegame replay, it dropped in chest high. Could have been called a ball or a strike. She needed to protect the plate in that situation.
    JMO but that was a really bad call considering the strike zone established by the umpire. Had a small zone the whole game. While it may have been chest high, he had not given that pitch or low strikes all day. Cajun fans got on him early in the game for the zone. I think either side would have been pretty riled up by that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Just a dominant performance from Sam.

It was pretty hot out there in the outfield. There were some graduations today. That’s the only things I can think of for the crowd. I was still surprised there wasn’t a little more.

Wasn’t bad in the end. Very loud for what we had. Grandstand will always show up, but I gauge a good crowd by bleachers.

I honestly hadn’t been to a “big” softball game since the 2015 regional. The outfield was pretty packed.

2014 super was awesome. I sat in the outfield chair backs and we had to show up real early to get those.

Just a little disappointed but a sun belt championship is a bit “been there done that.”

When we host, it’ll be great.

13. Default Re: SB Championship: Louisiana 1, Marshall 0

The attendance was only 1574. Could ESPN+ have had a detrimental effect on the attendance figures? Last year at So. Alabama, the final game attendance was 184. South was not in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    JMO but that was a really bad call considering the strike zone established by the umpire. Had a small zone the whole game. While it may have been chest high, he had not given that pitch or low strikes all day. Cajun fans got on him early in the game for the zone. I think either side would have been pretty riled up by that.
    Got on her not him. A female was behind the plate.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information