Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

1. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    How hot does it get?

I heard one time, the guys at Teche Brewery will throw a steak in.

If your pizza oven gets hot enough, would you consider doing a steak in it?

550 degrees, 90 seconds on both sides. Maybe 2 minutes a side.
    Never tried that, but I will try it, I also have a stainless flat top that I usually cook my steaks on and then move them to the grill for the final few seconds, just to give them the grill marks. My outdoor kitchen is a thing of beauty.

Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    1: Central
    2: Deano’s
    3: La Pizzeria
    4: Pizza Artista
    5: If you like crackers with meat, then Pizza Village.
    Meh, if you like drinks more than local favorite's Pizza, then Central Pizza is your place!

1. Pizza Village
    2. Deano's Pizza
    3. La Pizzeria

Cantina Del Rio. Carne guisada was …. Oh, wait. You said pizza. Freaking happy hour margaritas at 11AM kicking my butt …. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Cantina Del Rio. Carne guisada was …. Oh, wait. You said pizza. Freaking happy hour margaritas at 11AM kicking my butt …. LOL
    I’ve only had guisada once at a Mexican place in Houston. Delicious. I’ve always said since then I know I’m in for a treat if I go in a Mexican spot, and I’m the only white person.

Edit: if this derails in to a Mexican discussion, people please have the self respect not to mention Agave.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’ve only had guisada once at a Mexican place in Houston. Delicious. I’ve always said since then I know I’m in for a treat if I go in a Mexican spot, and I’m the only white person.

Edit: if this derails in to a Mexican discussion, people please have the self respect not to mention Agave.
    Apologies for the derailment. LOL
    But if any of you find yourself in little ole Gruene Texas drop me a line and I’ll treat you to the best margarita in town!!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Apologies for the derailment. LOL
    But if any of you find yourself in little ole Gruene Texas drop me a line and I’ll treat you to the best margarita in town!!
    We’re usually in Greene at least once a year. What’s your suggestion for best place?

7. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

1 Alesi’s
    2. Pizza Village

That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We’re usually in Greene at least once a year. What’s your suggestion for best place?
    Depends. Little nicer, try The Gruene Door. Gristmill is a local go -to. Good menu all around. More of a “pub like” setting; Mozies.
    Cantina for Tex Mex and best margaritas HANDS DOWN. Weird since the same company owns Cantina, Mozies, and Gristmill.
    Hanging out .. The Grove. Free live music and good drinks. I live 5 miles from Gruene and we go often.

Wasn't impressed with Central's pizza selection on the menu. It is good however but don't think the best. Anybody who is voting Alesi's the best its likely purely out of pride. Probably been going there for years and just won't consider anything better. It's hard to be PV. I think their pizza sauce is the best in town and if you want it thicker, just add extra cheese. Deanos is solid all the way around. I like their Mardi Gras selection pizza and they have the most underrated fried shrimp poboy in town...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Wasn't impressed with Central's pizza selection on the menu. It is good however but don't think the best. Anybody who is voting Alesi's the best its likely purely out of pride. Probably been going there for years and just won't consider anything better. It's hard to be PV. I think their pizza sauce is the best in town and if you want it thicker, just add extra cheese. Deanos is solid all the way around. I like their Mardi Gras selection pizza and they have the most underrated fried shrimp poboy in town...
    Deano’s has to put half the Gulf of Mexico on a pie to mask that the pizza itself is pure mediocrity.

Alesi was my fav growing up...

The Pizza wagon outside of Pete's near campus would deliver to dorms, weekend chow..

Now, we're on to the Ragin Cajun from Buck &Johnny's in the bridge

1. Central Pizza
    2. Rochetto's
    3. Pizza Village
    4. Deano's
    5. La Pizzeria

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Alesi’s is a stale joint that probably hasn’t seen a remodel in 50 years. Same with their clientele - I just can’t trust that it’s clean.
    Some of the best food comes from some of the worst looking dives. So if that stands in your way, then you've probably missed out on a lot of really great food. Having said that, I have never had what must be the pleasure of eating Alesi's. Just the name gives vibes that they do more than good pizza though. For me Geno's is king. But Pizza village is also some fine eating. I also like Ritollo's. Not so ginchy on Riohetto's. And Someone mentioned Gatti's, but only the buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    1. Bayou Teche Brewery/Cajun Saucer
    2. Central Pizza
    T3. Deano's - Parrain
    T3. Pizza Village - Landry Special

Need to try Antoni's.

Bread & Circus was the GOAT. RIP
    Love this post. I can tell it was made with conviction. Dude calls his shot with each place.

Nearly three pages, and no one mentions Little Ceaser.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information