Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Been wondering what Jake’s been up to since his pitching illegibility has ran out. So pizza is his thing. I talked to his dad a few times last year at one point he I know he was considering becoming a pitching coach. He told me last year when he wasn’t pitching he was on side of Thib calling pitches.

I only eat crustless pizza now so I wont participate.

2. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Nearly three pages, and no one mentions Little Ceaser.
    "Pizza Pizza"

3. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Now you did it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Nearly three pages, and no one mentions Little Ceaser.
    Breadsticks only!

Had the boneless wings at Deanos last night after the game. I don’t usually eat much in the way of wings but those were pretty good. My son-in-law had a pizza and it looked pretty decent. his first Cajun’s baseball game. working to make a convert .

Every weekend there is a pilgrimage of college students to Domino's at the corner of Johnston and East University. I guess college students don't have the refined taste that us old guys have. Also, Hunt Brothers Pizza has to be at the top of the worst list. Oh well, to each his own

7. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Did you ever think that maybe $$$ comes into play with the college kids for whom you refer. They do need beer money.

BJs is closing on June 29

9. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

That sucks. Landlord raising rent?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That sucks. Landlord raising rent?
    I knew it was only a matter of time when they did away with their Monday pickup special. I am sad.

11. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Did you ever think that maybe $$$ comes into play with the college kids for whom you refer. They do need beer money.
    If you don't quote who you are replying to you are talking to with "Did you ever think" and "for whom you refer" it's hard to follow the conversation.

Otherwise you are just creating a hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time when they did away with their Monday pickup special. I am sad.
    I hate seeing any longtime establishment close their doors. It’s a tough market for restaurants. Cafe Vermilionville shut their doors this week too. Things are just getting too expensive and people are not going out like they used to. It’s not cheap feeding an average family.

I think it's more to do with Domino's being within walking distance of the residence halls.

14. Default Re: Acadiana Pizza Wars (brought to you by Schultzy)

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    My wife and I went and ate at BJ's a couple of Saturdays ago. Hadn't been there is a while. It was kind of run down inside. Got there about 6:15 pm. Placed our order and got a draft beer. Girl taking my order said if I wanted any more beers, I had better order them now as her shift was over at 6:30 and she was the only one there with a bar card. Food was good but it took a little while for the pizza to come out. My wife told me that they close their door this coming Thursday at 3:30 pm. That's a weird final closing time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    My wife and I went and ate at BJ's a couple of Saturdays ago. Hadn't been there is a while. It was kind of run down inside. Got there about 6:15 pm. Placed our order and got a draft beer. Girl taking my order said if I wanted any more beers, I had better order them now as her shift was over at 6:30 and she was the only one there with a bar card. Food was good but it took a little while for the pizza to come out. My wife told me that they close their door this coming Thursday at 3:30 pm. That's a weird final closing time to me.
    Sounds like its a staffing problem. In addition to rising prices, many businesses cannot find good help.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information