Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Original Ground Pati

1. What a Downer The Original Ground Pati

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Judice Inn found those secret underground vendors and suppliers I guess...
    Speaking of burgers, sadly the Original Ground Pati changed their burger recipe. Pas bon.

2. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Speaking of burgers, sadly the Original Ground Pati changed their burger recipe. Pas bon.
    Nooooooo

3. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Crawfish must be cooked via electric burner however dusting is still allowed.

4. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nooooooo
    I knew it was gonna be trouble when the cooks were wearing chefs jackets. Wtf?

5. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    I found out some of the deets on the Ground Pati/Original Pati saga and some of you may already know this.

So the Ground Pati on Johnston is now considered the "Original Pati", they had to remove the former (Ground Pati) name as the owner of the Ground Pati and the Original Pati are in a heated dispute that will probably lead to court or a settlement or may have already happened.

Apparently the owner of the Ground Pati on Kaliste Saloom owns the name and the recipes and everything to do with the Old Ground Pati. He had agreed to allow the Johnston location to continue as sort of a franchise, with the understanding that he had to keep everything the same as the location on Kaliste.

Well apparently the owner of the Johnston location found and old menu and changed everything and the two menus were different. Because of this the owner of the Ground Pati got very upset and forced him to change the name of the restaraunt and/or change the menu back to be the same as the Kaliste location, the Johnston owner refused. So for spite, he changed the name of the restaurant recently and now it is called THE ORIGINAL PATI. This was a way of continuing to pizz off the owner of the Kaliste location.

Apparently the two are still arguing/fighting about the menu, recipes and name. He has since changed the recipe of the burgers as well. This battle will not end well, I don't think.

I may have missed some of the details, but this was given to me by the manager of the Kaliste location.

Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I found out some of the deets on the Ground Pati/Original Pati saga and some of you may already know this.

So the Ground Pati on Johnston is now considered the "Original Pati", they had to remove the former (Ground Pati) name as the owner of the Ground Pati and the Original Pati are in a heated dispute that will probably lead to court or a settlement or may have already happened.

Apparently the owner of the Ground Pati on Kaliste Saloom owns the name and the recipes and everything to do with the Old Ground Pati. He had agreed to allow the Johnston location to continue as sort of a franchise, with the understanding that he had to keep everything the same as the location on Kaliste.

Well apparently the owner of the Johnston location found and old menu and changed everything and the two menus were different. Because of this the owner of the Ground Pati got very upset and forced him to change the name of the restaraunt and/or change the menu back to be the same as the Kaliste location, the Johnston owner refused. So for spite, he changed the name of the restaurant recently and now it is called THE ORIGINAL PATI. This was a way of continuing to pizz off the owner of the Kaliste location.

Apparently the two are still arguing/fighting about the menu, recipes and name. He has since changed the recipe of the burgers as well. This battle will not end well, I don't think.

I may have missed some of the details, but this was given to me by the manager of the Kaliste location.
    Doesn’t the new owner on Johnston have other restaurant endeavors?

Good move for the original location, the kaliste saloom location was never half as good as the Johnston street location. Food was pretty bad IMO and I always wondered why bc I assumed it was the same people, makes sense now.

8. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Doesn’t the new owner on Johnston have other restaurant endeavors?
    Possibly, I am not sure. I do know he is opening a 2nd location of "THE ORIGINAL PATI" at the old Romacelli's off Pont de Mouton, he might also be part of the group that owns Pizzaville USA.

The Original Ground Pat’i, the popular local burger restaurant located at 2303 Johnston Street in Lafayette, is expanding with a second location into the former Romacelli space at 505 W Pont des Mouton in North Lafayette’s Couret Farms Development.

This expansion comes after Pizzaville USA’s owners, John Mouisset & Kim Broussard, purchased the well-known Johnston Street restaurant to preserve a Lafayette legacy establishment. In the acquisition, the name “Original Ground Pat’i” changed to its new name “The Original Patti”.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Good move for the original location, the kaliste saloom location was never half as good as the Johnston street location. Food was pretty bad IMO and I always wondered why bc I assumed it was the same people, makes sense now.
    I've NEVER stepped foot in or ordered anything from the Kaliste Saloom location, due to how some things apparently went down vs. the owners of the original Johnston location, a location that has been a Lafayette and USL/UL tradition for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I've NEVER stepped foot in or ordered anything from the Kaliste Saloom location, due to how some things apparently went down vs. the owners of the original Johnston location, a location that has been a Lafayette and USL/UL tradition for decades.
    went twice and never went back, its nothing close to the original

I guess that proves how passionate we are about out cooking and food.

13. Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Truly "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of stuff. The new recipe is awful, and it feels like the dude is willing to run the place into the ground before conceding.

Default Re: The Original Ground Pati

we frequented the original patti before basketball pretty regularly. Some time back, the quality of the food fell off so we quit going.

We went back a few weeks ago before a sunday baseball game and was presently surprised at how good everything was. Will be going more often.

15. Default Re: The Original Ground Pati

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    we frequented the original patti before basketball pretty regularly. Some time back, the quality of the food fell off so we quit going.

We went back a few weeks ago before a sunday baseball game and was presently surprised at how good everything was. Will be going more often.
    Same experience as you. It's walkable from my front door and we quit going for over a year. Last time we went, which was pretty recent, the food was good.

(And it wasn't $40 for 2 regular burgers and freaking chips)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information