Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Original Ground Pati

Default Re: The Original Ground Pati

I remember my visit to the Ground Pat'i on Severn in Metairie in the early 70's

Went to the Original Patti on Johnston with my brother last week. It was ok, not as good as I'm used to at that establishment. I have been eating there since it opened and have had numerous meals there over the years. Will go back.

Ironically 2 grown men in a DMC ruined one of the better burger places in Lafayette and ended up with 2 places worse than the “original ground patti”

Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Possibly, I am not sure. I do know he is opening a 2nd location of "THE ORIGINAL PATI" at the old Romacelli's off Pont de Mouton, he might also be part of the group that owns Pizzaville USA.
    I love to hear about restaurant wars. They put our little P!$$ing matches to shame. So wondering, if the guys over here are cat fighting over the Ground Pati stuff, what about the guys in New Orleans who were the first Hungry? Ground Pati? I know they've been around since the 60's anyway.

Default Re: The Portal Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I've NEVER stepped foot in or ordered anything from the Kaliste Saloom location, due to how some things apparently went down vs. the owners of the original Johnston location, a location that has been a Lafayette and USL/UL tradition for decades.
    That bunch on Kaliste Saloom wouldn't let me & son go in because of his age the year we were doing our best burger in town tour so I've never bothered with em since. I highly doubt I missed much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information