Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SB Final: Louisiana 3, ULM 1

Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 3, ULM 1

If South Alabama scores 3 or more they win. They might even win with 1.

In our game, it may be a case of whoever reaches 1 first wins, though I do like our hitters a lot more than Texas State's. Their pitching staff is very good and is capable of shutting us out.

We are also capable of run-ruling them if we get on a roll. One of their fans said that they think they have to score 6 to guarantee victory, since 5 seems to be the highest common opponent's score in their losses. He and I agreed that scoring 6 might be extremely difficult for them.

Lots of fly ball outs last night. At least we’re hitting the ball. ULM’s defense was better than this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Great job by Sam! You better get to her early or she usually gets stronger and is lights out. She was throwing harder in the 7th than in the 1st, 68 or 69 at the end.
    Yeah, after that 2nd inning, she retired 15 of the last 16 batters she faced, and 12 of the last 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, after that 2nd inning, she retired 15 of the last 16 batters she faced, and 12 of the last 12.
    Yep. Excellent job by Sam. And the idiot behind me wanted to pull right before this all happened. Then again, he always knows better than coach.

5. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 3, ULM 1

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It is becoming increasingly common. Note that ULM used 2 pitchers last night, even though the first was still fairly effective when they pulled her. I didn't talk to their coach, so I don't know their reasoning, but since she was pulled exactly when she had gone through the lineup once, I suspect it was an attempt to keep our hitters off balance by giving them a different look.

Just for gits and shiggles, here is an interesting statistic: Pitching Appearances/Games Played for the last six teams remaining in the tournament [before last night]

ULM: 134/57 = 2.351
    Louisiana: 130/57 = 2.281
    Troy: 103/53 = 1.943
    Texas State: 100/57 = 1.754
    Marshall: 79/53 = 1.491
    South Alabama: 74/52 = 1.423

Clearly, ULM and Louisiana have a quicker hook than the other four, though perhaps not for the same reasons. Still, these higher numbers seem to indicate a more "baseballish" approach to handling pitchers, while Texas State and Troy are somewhere in the middle and South Alabama and Marshall are clearly softball teams.

These numbers may be meaningless, in that we only know the pattern used by our coach, which is baseballish, and not of any of the others.
    The ULM situation is different, there coach said last week and this game that they have used and will continue to use very creative pitching rotations and changes, because they knew that they were completely over matched and had to do something to keep the Cajuns off balance. They did it in the 3-game series and they did it last night as well. They Cajuns carry a true closer, most teams don't. The Cajuns also have the luxury of Karly Heath who can pitch short stints when needed.

I would not compare how the Cajuns pitch Schorman, Landry, Heath and Lamb to how ULM uses their rotations, they are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The ULM situation is different, there coach said last week and this game that they have used and will continue to use very creative pitching rotations and changes, because they knew that they were completely over matched and had to do something to keep the Cajuns off balance. They did it in the 3-game series and they did it last night as well. They Cajuns carry a true closer, most teams don't. The Cajuns also have the luxury of Karly Heath who can pitch short stints when needed.

I would not compare how the Cajuns pitch Schorman, Landry, Heath and Lamb to how ULM uses their rotations, they are completely different.
    I agree they rotate pitchers for different reasons, but the fact remains that they DO rotate them; a very baseball way to do things. I am in no way comparing the quality of their pitchers to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yep. Excellent job by Sam. And the idiot behind me wanted to pull right before this all happened. Then again, he always knows better than coach.
    Same idiot that WestUCajun was telling me about last week. This dude is a tool for sure.

8. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 3, ULM 1

People just don’t understand the Cajun Committee . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Same idiot that WestUCajun was telling me about last week. This dude is a tool for sure.
    Yep. Sits a couple rows in front of WestUCajun.

Want me to spill a bud light on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Want me to spill a bud light on him?
    Ha ha. It was the guy sitting 1 row ahead of you but about 4 seats to your left. He’s probably the can model.

Ha ha. It was the guy sitting 1 row ahead of you but about 4 seats to your left. He’s probably the can model.
    Yeah I know who you’re talking about. Him and his wife are something lol

13. Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 3, ULM 1

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yeah I know who you’re talking about. Him and his wife are something lol
    …..More at the ladies or men’s game?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Marsha against Olivia Lackie.
    Hey, Rick...After the game, I asked the USA pitching coach, Hannah Campbell, who she was going to throw against Marshall. She just laughed and said, "I'm not going to tell you that." I think there's a possibility she doesn't throw Olivia.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Hey, Rick...After the game, I asked the USA pitching coach, Hannah Campbell, who she was going to throw against Marshall. She just laughed and said, "I'm not going to tell you that." I think there's a possibility she doesn't throw Olivia.
    Roarman you need to meet SlickRick. Fist class guy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information