Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEZ Renovation Ideas? (North End Zone)

Default Re: NEZ Renovation Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Loose the hill and loose a lot of families with little kids which are your future fans. But a bar would generate more money. It would also create more of an empty look in the stands if everyone is congregating in the SEZ. Lots to ponder.

After this year it could very well be the patio for me and not one in the club seating the one in my back yard.
    Screw the hill. If not having kids run around and roll down a hill inhibits them from becoming future fans so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Screw the hill. If not having kids run around and roll down a hill inhibits them from becoming future fans so be it.
    UL football is not a baby-sitting event, not to mention liability exposure to the university. Besides, how well is this working anyway, given last year's attendance? How many successful programs cater to kids running free in the endzone? Kids need to learn tradition and want to be a part of that because their parents are, otherwise it is just a fun day on the hill, playing and giving their parents a break. Focus on the quality of play and making the event exciting for those attending. That's why people aren't showing up, the in-stadium atmosphere. Having kids running free in the endzone lends nothing to a major college football game atmosphere and attraction to the event. Figure how to correct that and not worry about a play area for kids. Cater to the people who will fill the stands and let them teach their kids what attending a UL football game is all about.

3. Default Re: NEZ Renovation Ideas?

Bustle's wife use to sit on the levee, best seat to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    UL football is not a baby-sitting event, not to mention liability exposure to the university. Besides, how well is this working anyway, given last year's attendance? How many successful programs cater to kids running free in the endzone? Kids need to learn tradition and want to be a part of that because their parents are, otherwise it is just a fun day on the hill, playing and giving their parents a break. Focus on the quality of play and making the event exciting for those attending. That's why people aren't showing up, the in-stadium atmosphere. Having kids running free in the endzone lends nothing to a major college football game atmosphere and attraction to the event. Figure how to correct that and not worry about a play area for kids. Cater to the people who will fill the stands and let them teach their kids what attending a UL football game is all about.
    Spot on.

The hill needs to turn into a revenue producer. Party deck or stadium club/event center.

Minimal seating in the upper deck once the renovations are complete. Possibly club level seating only. Force fans closer to the field.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cajun Field turn into a venue that can host more outdoor concerts and festivals.

Imagine a weekend country music festival at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bustle's wife use to sit on the levee, best seat to relax.
    The levee? Thats the first time ever hearing that, I wish UL would market it as that! I always called it Cypress Hill

6. Default Re: NEZ Renovation Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    The levee? Thats the first time ever hearing that, I wish UL would market it as that! I always called it Cypress Hill
    "Every Swamp needs a Levee" ... even if they eventually put seats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    UL football is not a baby-sitting event, not to mention liability exposure to the university.
    Beat that drum years ago. All they did was fence off the logo and put some minimum wage “observers”out there.

8. Default Re: NEZ Renovation Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Beat that drum years ago. All they did was fence off the logo and put some minimum wage “observers”out there.
    The rest of the country has back yards steeper than the levee.

"Just roll with it."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    In the most respectful manner I can say this…we can’t draw flies, I’m guessing accommodations for SRO isn’t on the radar.
    What's funny is people are always suggesting things, but anything ground level around the field is not going to happen here because ULM's field is not sunken, it's ground level. But if they did build something it would come with a cost, just like the baseball stadium and most people here are not going to want to pay a premium price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The rest of the country has back yards steeper than the levee.

"Just roll with it."
    When the levee breaks, have no place to stay…

How many times has security had to tell the kids to leave the white fence alone and they still run down the hill thinking that fence will save them....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What's funny is people are always suggesting things, but anything ground level around the field is not going to happen here because ULM's field is not sunken, it's ground level. But if they did build something it would come with a cost, just like the baseball stadium and most people here are not going to want to pay a premium price for it.
    BINGO! Like the SEZ tables, tables at Russo, skyboxes at dome…

With the direction our Nation has taken, it would not surprise me if they actually allowed students to burn on Cypress Hill (The Levee), I bet that would draw a crowd of locals. C'mon bruh, let's go fire up a bowl on the Levee.

14. Default Re: NEZ Renovation Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    With the direction our Nation has taken, it would not surprise me if they actually allowed students to burn on Cypress Hill (The Levee), I bet that would draw a crowd of locals. C'mon bruh, let's go fire up a bowl on the Levee.
    You mean they don’t already?

No. Inhibits their parents, that gotta try and keep them still in the stadium, from going to the game so you lose that whole hill crowd parents and kids. No matter how few in the stands the hill always has a good contingent of fans.

My kids are grown. Selfishly I’d rather a restaurant and bar type setting. Since I can literally ride my bike to cajun field lets make it open year round. I will be a regular patron.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information