Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interview with President Savoie

Default Interview with President Savoie

2. Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

Janet Swift is one of my favorite interviewers but I quit listening a year or so ago because she can "UL Lafayette" an interview to death.

One of my favorite interviews by her was when she interviewed Dr. Joe Abraham.

Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Janet Swift is one of my favorite interviewers but I quit listening a year or so ago because she can "UL Lafayette" an interview to death.

Uhhhgggghh. I hate that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Uhhhgggghh. I hate that guy.
    Me, too.

She does use a lot of 'UL-Lafayette,' but I was pleased to hear her use 'UL' several times in this interview. And from what she learned in the interview, I will be interested to hear what she says in the future. She learned some things she didn't know (and that I didn't either).

I also thought people here would be interested in Savoie's brief comments on athletics progress.

Finally, his comments that he thinks that Declouet and Foster may be the oldest buildings in use on any public Louisiana university campus were something I did not know. He notes that State was not built on its present site until the 1920's.

Makes me even sadder that we tore down the original Stevens. The interior was supposed to have been beautiful. I heard that it was an Edwin deal, we built a new one to give one of his supporters a big contract. I don't suppose we'll ever know now.

5. Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

Jan Swift is very easy on the eyes

6. Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

If you listen to the interview president Savoie gave a timeline according to him after this season in football that's when they should start the renovation to cajun field

This was an excellent interview! I enjoyed it and learned a few things. Dr. Savoie did say that Cajun Field getting started after this season depends on funding. Any idea of the amount of funds raised and amount of funds needed to start demolition?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    If you listen to the interview president Savoie gave a timeline according to him after this season in football that's when they should start the renovation to cajun field
    With funding secured, which it seemed wasn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSaucey View Post
    Jan Swift is very easy on the eyes
    Jan Swift is highly intelligent. Her work uniting others to grow upper Lafayette has been highly successful, and rarely does she personally “take a bow”. Worked with her for a few years, she just has a good soul.

Running for MP she is stepping out that mold and needs to showcase her work.

10. Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

Both Jan and her husband John are super individuals in their own ways. Have been around one or the other for over 25 years. She would be a great ambassador for Lafayette if she is able to win for MP. It would be really nice to have her intelligence and experiences in the office.

Slowly making my way through it but enjoying it so far (listen during my commutes, and my commutes aren't as long as they used to be).

12. Default Re: Interview with President Savoie

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

Finally, his comments that he thinks that Declouet and Foster may be the oldest buildings in use on any public Louisiana university campus were something I did not know. He notes that State was not built on its present site until the 1920's.
    Seems like they would qualify for being on the National Historical Record.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.ecaa4ad07.html

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

She does have such a soothing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Both Jan and her husband John are super individuals in their own ways. Have been around one or the other for over 25 years. She would be a great ambassador for Lafayette if she is able to win for MP. It would be really nice to have her intelligence and experiences in the office.
    Who is all in that race? Is Josh seeking re-election? I saw also Monique Blanco Boullette’s name in the ring the other day. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I absolutely agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information