Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

I scratched my head wondering about some of our base running vs TxSt.

Welcome to Louisiana softball. We will run... often at puzzling times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I scratched my head wondering about some of our base running vs TxSt.
    Did you worry about the two runners scoring from 2nd and third on a bunt double?

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

There are many, many, many, many, many (did I say many) more successes than failures. Hell, stick sports are built with failures, so what do you expect?

5. Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

Yep, the only baserunning situation that stood out to me was getting thrown out at second with 2 out and taking the bat out of Heaths hands late in the game. Not sure what happened there, missed/confused signal or what.

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Yep, the only baserunning situation that stood out to me was getting thrown out at second with 2 out and taking the bat out of Heaths hands late in the game. Not sure what happened there, missed/confused signal or what.
    Simply trying to get a runner in scoring position with two out so a base hit gets another run. Not hard to understand at all.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Simply trying to get a runner in scoring position with two out so a base hit gets another run. Not hard to understand at all.
    Both of our diamond coaches do it every single game, and justifiably so . . . Should be used to it by now. When it happens, a fan should say, well we are trying to manufacture a run with one hit. In a sport when .333 is a good number, what are the chances of getting two hits in a row . . . Minimal at best.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

But she didn’t steal on the pitch, she hesitated. And I’d have to check, but I don’t think the runner is a true base stealing threat. And I do understand softball strategy.

But she didn’t steal on the pitch, she hesitated. And I’d have to check, but I don’t think the runner is a true base stealing threat. And I do understand softball strategy.
    Missed signal. Probably first base coach error. Nothing to do with trying to get a runner in scoring position.

10. Default Re: Sun Belt Conference softball tournament

I’ll admit, after checking stats, the pinch runner is a legit base stealing threat. But there was some hesitation, so something got her confused. I still would not have run in that situation and let Heath have a chance to hit a 2 run homer.

I’ll admit, after checking stats, the pinch runner is a legit base stealing threat. But there was some hesitation, so something got her confused. I still would not have run in that situation and let Heath have a chance to hit a 2 run homer.
    That runner is 4-5 on steals this season. I believe the error wasn't on the runner from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Missed signal. Probably first base coach error. Nothing to do with trying to get a runner in scoring position.
    Agreed that it was probably a missed sign. But I don't think Lacy makes those calls. Signs come from third base.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Agreed that it was probably a missed sign. But I don't think Lacy makes those calls. Signs come from third base.
    Absolutely missed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information