Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    All this will increase student support. This thread is about increasing student support at the game did you read the title?
    Your post doesn’t make much sense.

Raginpagin was founded on threads going off subject…I’m just doing my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Actually you are wrong. What you are saying is correct in the bar world hence ladies night. For football all you have to do is get the fraternities to go and they will bring dates. Girls go to football games as dates. It’s much easier get the boys excited about going. If the boys go they will bring a date.
    Dates? What's that?

Signed,
    Current College student

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Has a separate band located over on Greek row ever been tried? Of course, GDIs would be allowed.

Just throwing that out there.
    The problem with that is Martin hall don’t even let the Greeks on the row on game day. No more pre gaming at the house’s.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The problem with that is Martin hall don’t even let the Greeks on the row on game day. No more pre gaming at the house’s.
    Whaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttt

5. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Which is one of the dumbest things and aboslutely kills game day participation. They tried to do a student tailgate on the Row before a basketball game and it got shut down.

But we're begging them to show up to games? It's moronic

6. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Which is one of the dumbest things and aboslutely kills game day participation. They tried to do a student tailgate on the Row before a basketball game and it got shut down.

More of that warped thinking that if we force empty the parking lot during the game they will "all" go in the stadium.

"If no gameday activities are allowed on Greek Row, they will ALL go to the game."

Can I suggest a Trail Ride from Frat Row to the stadium prior to gametime....complete with zydeco wagon and a traveling can at the back...

Yes. A few students took it upon themselves to get the crowd up. Talked up the pre game for the whole row in an empty lot that used to be the Theta Xi house. UP’s quickly shut it down. University police is another organization that has it out for the organizations on fraternity row and make sure they don’t congregate and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    More of that warped thinking that if we force empty the parking lot during the game they will "all" go in the stadium.

"If no gameday activities are allowed on Greek Row, they will ALL go to the game."
    Martin Hall wants every student at the game, stone cold sober and quietly wishing the opposing players the best of luck.

I am not kidding.

10. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

We just finished playing Fun-roe in baseball and softball.

The way Martin Hall is treating our students, we may become known a No-Fun-Row.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Martin Hall wants every student at the game, stone cold sober and quietly wishing the opposing players the best of luck.

I am not kidding.
    Well, hell. So it sounds like, when it comes to building a strong alumni base, Martin Hall is achieving the physically impossible.

I’m closer to 70 than 60…it’s sadly now obvious, later in life, to me, having seen two ADs that are absolutely game changers, the college I feel so much passion for is nothing more than all talk, no action.

If Maggard up and left today, I would not blame him. And I’m sure the search radius won’t be nationwide…parish wide if we’re lucky.

We DESERVE to be called ULL. When it comes to athletics, our leadership can’t think outside the box, or past the city limits.

Most of us here are older alumni. Martin Hall does not care for our passion, only our money. Why are we passionate? Most here either participated in UL athletics or we attended the games and had memorable experiences. Talk about missing the point 101.

How about a new name for RCAF members…”The Two Thousand”. Because that’s all UL will get with their approach. And we’re aging out.

This is insane! I didn’t know this.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Can I suggest a Trail Ride from Frat Row to the stadium prior to gametime....complete with zydeco wagon and a traveling can at the back...
    I'm all about new ideas... but struggling to envision this being something to take off.

14. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Trail rides definitely don’t take off. They are usually slow and they stink.

15. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Trail rides definitely don’t take off. They are usually slow and they stink.
    I know a cattle rancher/horse trainer, he says trail rides "Smell Like Money."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information