Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    That’s a NEGATIVE, Ghost Rider—pic with Mr Goodman was taken in 1982, and the second one was 1983! I was with the PoA 1975-84, and by and large, the students were there!! It’s possible that it has something to do with the drinking age going from 18 to 21 vefore you got there….idk
    9 years at UL?

2. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    9 years at UL?
    Lots of volunteers.

I have pictures (somewhere) of NOCajun playing with the band long after graduating.

Here is what needs to be done to the stadium.

Remove the upper deck, small club level with a few suites and press box, and put a soccer canopy over the stands if you're looking to create an atmosphere in a small stadium.
    As far as concessions go, I would implement a payment system that Festival international uses; just zap the wristband and move on. You could issue one to all season tickets holders and have them available on GameDay for fans to register. 10s of thousands of people downtown this weekend, and I never waited in line more than a few seconds.

4. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Here is what needs to be done to the stadium.

Remove the upper deck, small club level with a few suites and press box, and put a soccer canopy over the stands if you're looking to create an atmosphere in a small stadium.
    As far as concessions go, I would implement a payment system that Festival international uses; just zap the wristband and move on. You could issue one to all season tickets holders and have them available on GameDay for fans to register. 10s of thousands of people downtown this weekend, and I never waited in line more than a few seconds.
    "like"

I went to a baseball game at UT-Austin this year that was, by far, the best college baseball GameDay production I've ever seen. It was MLB quality stuff.
    Anywho, they have happy hour up until a few minutes before game time. Half off beers and such. Something like this would help get people into the stadium earlier which would create a better atmosphere for pregame

Two excellent and easy ideas back-to-back. RFID wrist-bands and lines for RCAF members.

Happy hour 1 hour up to gametime.

Those are both great ideas!!!

Someone is doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I think the University should do a Louisiana Trail Ride. We are here to represent Louisiana. There has to be groups in rural parts of the state, and get with the city and host a trail ride with a cook off the first home game of the year. I think that be unique and cool, put it with Cajun Walk. Have the band, cheerleaders, football team, and horses throwing beads before the game. Get a Zydeco band like Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Chas.

Get people out there let them put up tents and bbq pits and promote the stuff out of it. Try to get vendors like Laura’s Two any and every Soul Food restaurant around Lafayette and let them set up shop at Cajun Field!

Promote the stuff out of it!
    Have you been to a trail ride? Trust me, you DO NOT want horses roaming around Cajun Field crapping everywhere.

We can have bags put on the horses! Seriously they have those for parades and stuff

11. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We can have bags put on the horses! Seriously they have those for parades and stuff
    I thought you were about to say "look past your nose."

Corral the trail ride at Blackham.

As far as student involvement is concerned, the leaders just have to figure out a way to get the girls to the games and the boys will follow. Start with the sororities. Maybe discounts on campus or parking spaces to the students that attend a certain percentage of sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Lots of volunteers.

I have pictures (somewhere) of NOCajun playing with the band long after graduating.
    Turb—You are CORRECT, SIR!! Back then, if you could make rehearsals and performances, you could march, even if you weren’t enrolled in classes. I marched for seven years and was a drill coordinator for two.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Corral the trail ride at Blackham.
    https://64parishes.org/creole-trail-rides

https://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php...=LA0211028e001

I think it would be awesome

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information