Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Are you pulling pics from the A&M game? When I was in school in the mid to late 90's student attendance was horrible and it obviously got worse with Baldwin and improved marginally with bustle. The pics you show are of a full stadium which were NOT the norm.
    Spotted that too eh. Kind of along “we use to sell out the dome for MBB”. Never happened.

I mean you got to cater to the crowd we are always going to have a group that is coming to be part of a social gathering. Something like this should be built in the NEZ. Put TV’s showing other football games. This is cool, cowboys stadium has a electronic picture taker and it lets you take a picture with a group of players it’s already programmed in the picture. Kids would love that. This could be used for tailgating as well
    Name:  IMG_5150.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  77.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_5151.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  302.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That was the myth we all bought into but the corelation between empty tailgating and empty stands is undeniable.

Fill the parking lot you fill the stadium.

ps And yes there will be those who only notice the stragglers.
    That is simply not true. I have held a TG spot since the mid 90s. I can recall looking out into the TG area middle of the first half and it being full of people with no intention of ever going to the game. I also remember when parking was "easy and more convenient" people showing up for the band as if it were a festival or downtown alive and when the band was done they'd grab their ice chest and head for their vehicle. Free entertainment. I was there I know what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That is simply not true. I have held a TG spot since the mid 90s. I can recall looking out into the TG area middle of the first half and it being full of people with no intention of ever going to the game. I also remember when parking was "easy and more convenient" people showing up for the band as if it were a festival or downtown alive and when the band was done they'd grab their ice chest and head for their vehicle. Free entertainment. I was there I know what I saw.
    This comment to me says we should not do anything! It justifies doing nothing, so let’s do nothing, nothing was going to be done anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This comment to me says we should not do anything! It justifies doing nothing, so let’s do nothing, nothing was going to be done anyway
    No, it just states he has been through the times when your ideas were tried and he saw the results. I was there too, and saw the same results. I like the idea of trying something but don't think that things haven't been tried in the past.

I like the idea of "festivals"; having a different "festival atmosphere" for each game. Now, somehow this needs to be tied into the people attending whatever is going on inside the Cajun Field fences, has a ticket into the game.

6. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Your view with the left eye and Big Poppa's view with the right eye was mythical. You cannot deny that as tailgating has dwindled attendance has dwindled.

If stragglers in the parking lot were the "real" problem, then as tailgating has been squashed, the number of people in the stadium would not have changed.

Healthy tailgating has always enhanced attendance, even in the face of those who keep a party atmosphere going on the outside.

7. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No, it just states he has been through the times when your ideas were tried and he saw the results. I was there too, and saw the same results. I like the idea of trying something but don't think that things haven't been tried in the past.

I like the idea of "festivals"; having a different "festival atmosphere" for each game. Now, somehow this needs to be tied into the people attending whatever is going on inside the Cajun Field fences, has a ticket into the game.
    Seeing people do that with our own eyes does not mean it was universal.

Even if over half came for the party, it made the overall party including the game much more fun.

When the focus became squeeze the turnip I mean turnup, I mean turnout.

When the focus became squeeze the turn out, they began killing the golden goose.

I think the University should do a Louisiana Trail Ride. We are here to represent Louisiana. There has to be groups in rural parts of the state, and get with the city and host a trail ride with a cook off the first home game of the year. I think that be unique and cool, put it with Cajun Walk. Have the band, cheerleaders, football team, and horses throwing beads before the game. Get a Zydeco band like Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Chas.

Get people out there let them put up tents and bbq pits and promote the stuff out of it. Try to get vendors like Laura’s Two any and every Soul Food restaurant around Lafayette and let them set up shop at Cajun Field!

Promote the stuff out of it!

As long as there is nothing Ragin or Cajun going on inside CF (other than the football team) nothing will change...people would rather stay outside then to come into CF to be bored with the same in game crappy atmosphere...

We can start to see if they would like to set up food truck inside Cajun Field

Alexander Specialty Meats

Butcher, Boudin, Cracklins
    Phone337) 504-3034
    111 Hollywood Dr, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Specialty grocery store with boudin, cracklins and daily plate lunches. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

All-Star Bakeshop

Bakery, Sandwiches, Salads
    Phone337) 252-7317
    300 Youngsville Hwy Suite 100, Lafayette, LA 70508
    Baking services along with in-store desserts and lunch options. Click the business name to see business hours and weekly/daily offerings.

Black Cafe

Coffee Shop, Breakfast, Lunch
    Phone337) 889-3862
    518 S. Pierce Suite 100 Lafayette, Louisiana 70501
    Coffee shop + eats near Downtown Lafayette. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Brown Skillet Lafayette

Breakfast, Soul Food
    Phone: (337) 484-1498
    1011 E University Ave, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Serving breakfast and soul food plate lunches. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Cafe Coachella

Soul Food
    Phone337) 345-8079
    2700 Moss St. Lafayette, LA 70501
    Soul food restaurant. Click the business name to see daily plate lunch offerings.

Cenderella’s

Bakery, Soul Food
    Phone337) 237-2337
    200 Madison St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Neighborhood restaurant serving soul food and baked goods. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Creole Lunch House

Creole
    Phone337) 232-9929
    713 12th St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Creole food served only during weekday lunch hours 11am-2pm. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Di Jerk Stop

Jamaican
    Phone: (337) 412-8304
    537 Jefferson St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Authentic Jamaican cuisine in Downtown Lafayette. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Divine Cakes and Sweets Boutique

Baker
    Phone337) 251-1321
    Baking services. Click the business name for details.

Dupcorn

Gourmet Popcorn
    Phone: (337) 284-0060
    Gourmet popcorn catering services. Click the business name or call for more information.

Jerk Xpress

Jamaican
    Phone337) 484-3387
    1000 W Simcoe St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Jamaican style plate lunches. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

For Goodness Cake

Bakery
    Phone337) 280-6634
    Baking services. Click the business name for more info and offerings.

Guidroz Food Center

Grocery, Boudin
    Phone: (337) 235-5757
    1301 E Simcoe St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Neighborhood grocery store with hot boudin. Click the business name to see business hours.

JB’s Cruisin Cuisine

Soul Food
    Phone337) 281-6838
    You can often find this food truck serving soul food at La Debs on Moss St. Click the business name to see daily offerings and truck location.

Juice’d

Fresh Fuit/Veggie Juices
    Phone337) 501-1618
    toshcage@icloud.com
    Freshly pressed fruit and veggie juices for delivery (and pop-ups). You can find her at the Lafayette Farmer’s Market on Johnston as well. Please call or e-mail for more information or to make an order.

Kitchen on Klinton

Wings, Fries, Drinks
    Phone337) 706-5094
    405 E University Ave. Lafayette, LA 70503
    & Acadiana Mall
    Popular chicken wings destination in Lafayette. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Laura’s II

Soul Food
    Phone337) 593-8006
    1904 W University Ave Lafayette, Louisiana 70506
    Neighborhood restaurant serving soul food. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Lumberjack’s Soul Food and More

Soul Food
    Phone337) 534-0545
    4016 Moss St, Lafayette, LA 70507
    Soul food restaurant. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Munchie’s Lunch Box Express

Southern, Catering
    Phone: (337) 316-3900
    1801 N St Antoine St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Southern style food and catering. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Noah’s Cafe

Cajun, Soul Food
    Phone: (337) 406-2440
    2310 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Lafayette, LA 70506
    Daily plate lunches. Click the business name to see business hours and offerings.

Norbert Restaurant

Cajun, Creole
    Phone: (337) 837-6704
    521 Avenue C Broussard, Louisiana 70518
    Cajun and creole eats in Broussard, LA. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

The Northside Vegan

Plant-based Pop Up
    Plant based pop-up, frequently held at Next Level Fitness and Karma Collective in Lafayette and Next Level Fitness in New Iberia. Click the business name and follow her Instagram page to keep track of her pop-ups.

O Baked It

Bakery
    Phone337) 793-2439
    419 W Willow St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Bakery/dessert shop. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Reggie’s Soul Food

Soul Food Catering
    Phone337) 739-6476
    Soul food catering business. Click the business name for more information.

Shake, Daquiris and More

Bar, Snacks
    Phone: (337) 484-3116
    2520 Moss St, Lafayette, LA 70501
    Drinks and snacks for evening and late night eats. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

She Bakes and More

Baker
    Phone: (337) 419-6609
    139 Amber St, Lafayette, LA 70507
    Baking services. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Smokin’ Joe’s Barbecue (inside Chevron)

Barbecue
    Phone: (337) 237-8575
    600 E Kaliste Saloom Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508
    Barbecue and more (located inside Chevron). Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Super Taters

Baked Potatoes, Sandwiches
    Phone337) 889-5993
    5545 Cameron St, Scott, LA 70583
    Unique baked potatoes and sandwiches in Scott, LA. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Tim’s Kitchen

Cajun, Creole
    Phone: (337) 330-2151
    1000 Albertson Pkwy, Broussard, LA 70518
    Cajun and creole eats in Broussard, LA. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Amour My Sweets LLC

Home Baker
    Email: amourmysweets@gmail.com
    “Sweets Tables” for events, custom cake orders and more. Click the business name for more information. Find her on Instagram @AmourMySweets and Facebook “Amour My Sweets LLC”

Flavored-Sneaux

Snowballs, Snacks
    Phone337) 453-0711
    103 E St Peter St, Carencro, LA 70520
    Snowball and snacks stand in Carencro, LA. Click the business name to see business hours and updates.

Uncle Luck’s Express Cafe

Soul Food
    Phone: (337) 520-2451
    930 Veterans Dr, Carencro, LA 70520
    Soul food plate lunches in Carencro, LA. Click the business name to see business hours and updates

Do I need to go on?

13. Default Re: Dr Maggard Being Proactive (student support)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Do I need to go on?
    I get the point.

Just because on food truck tried doesn't mean there won't be 10 to take their place.

For this to work GDM needs to get out of the mindset of how will we profit from this (high cost of entry) and focus on it making Game Day a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    As long as there is nothing Ragin or Cajun going on inside CF (other than the football team) nothing will change...people would rather stay outside then to come into CF to be bored with the same in game crappy atmosphere...
    Therein lies the problem. Working with the students is great. However, you can get the fans, students to the game, but the crappy atmosphere still exists. Winning alone will not do it. We can't lose them after we get them there. We HAVE TO ADDRESS the game atmosphere if we ever hope to grow our fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Are you pulling pics from the A&M game? When I was in school in the mid to late 90's student attendance was horrible and it obviously got worse with Baldwin and improved marginally with bustle. The pics you show are of a full stadium which were NOT the norm.
    That’s a NEGATIVE, Ghost Rider—pic with Mr Goodman was taken in 1982, and the second one was 1983! I was with the PoA 1975-84, and by and large, the students were there!! It’s possible that it has something to do with the drinking age going from 18 to 21 vefore you got there….idk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information