Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Eric Lopez Regional SB Predictions.

Default Re: Eric Lopez Regional SB Predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I think the committee wants a G5 as a #16 seed host to feed to Oklahoma, so that they have the easiest path to the WCWS
    Yep. I'd rather be sent to Arkansas. UCA beat them twice and we could have as well losing to them by 1 run. Only good thing about going to BR is the fan support we bring there.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Bud lights, fairy farts and all that democrat schitt. You got me pegged…
    My goodness…need to check Urban Dictionary on that last one. I’m dying…

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    My goodness…need to check Urban Dictionary on that last one. I’m dying…
    You’re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yep. I'd rather be sent to Arkansas. UCA beat them twice and we could have as well losing to them by 1 run. Only good thing about going to BR is the fan support we bring there.
    If the Cajuns are the 16th seed, Central Arkansas will be going to LSU along with McNeese.

It would be great for our fans to host a regional but being a #16 seed would be tough and if we advance then we head to Oklahoma. Beating Oklahoma would be a tall task, not impossible, but extremely difficult. Just have to see how it plays out.

6. Default Re: Eric Lopez Regional SB Predictions.

We can beat anyone anywhere anytime.

Let’s Geaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    It would be great for our fans to host a regional but being a #16 seed would be tough and if we advance then we head to Oklahoma. Beating Oklahoma would be a tall task, not impossible, but extremely difficult. Just have to see how it plays out.
    Bring them on. Shock the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    There's nothing good about Refineryville. Awful place and awful fans.

What ever happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

Let’s host! It allows our fans to pack our stadium and give our girls the support they need. You can’t win a championship without beating great teams. You never know what could happen. That’s why they play the game. I don’t understand the mindset of taking the path of least resistance. You want to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best!

LET’S HOST!!

…or would you want the girls to roll over and drop a game or two to ensure they don’t host?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    What ever happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

Let’s host! It allows our fans to pack our stadium and give our girls the support they need. You can’t win a championship without beating great teams. You never know what could happen. That’s why they play the game. I don’t understand the mindset of taking the path of least resistance. You want to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best!

LET’S HOST!!

…or would you want the girls to roll over and drop a game or two to ensure they don’t host?
    If we do host and Eric is correct, the Lafayette regional would be these teams.

#1 seed Cajuns
    #2 seed Baylor
    #3 seed Mississippi State
    #4 seed Delaware

After this weekend the projections could shift again, and once the conference tournament has teams win that weren't projected to win that will throw another curveball.

D1 Softball projects us to BR with McNeese and Binghampton, paired with Tuscaloosa with Ohio State, Ohio and Central Arkansas.

I actually like this projection if we don't host. This setup presents a very real possibility of a UL-UCA super regional in Lafayette, and we are certainly capable of beating everyone in both paired regions.

If we do that we will be 7-0 the rest of the way. The problem with that only 2 games will actually help rpi wise. So really the remaining games are irrelevant. We need 1 of the 3 teams that we beat that are right under the top 25 to somehow get into the top 25. I am not sure that will happen.
    Not true about the relevance. If we lose a game, our stock goes down; so to have a decent chance, we need to win them all.

Of course, going through BR may be a better long range plan. I would still love to host.

13. Default Re: Eric Lopez Regional SB Predictions.

Louisiana can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime

GEAUX Ragin Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Not true about the relevance. If we lose a game, our stock goes down; so to have a decent chance, we need to win them all.

Of course, going through BR may be a better long range plan. I would still love to host.
    Winning these last 7 games will not improve our chances. We also will probably go 7-0 so it isn't relevance.

15. Default Re: Eric Lopez Regional SB Predictions.

Winning these last 7 games will not improve our chances. We also will probably go 7-0 so it isn't relevance.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information