Texas State 11-8-1
    James Madison 12-9
    Coastal Carolina 9-12
    ULM 7-14
    Georgia Southern 6-15
    Georgia State 6-15
    Southern Mississippi 4-15
    Appalachian State 3-16

The loss today eliminates Marshall from the regular season title race. Cajuns' magic number is 1.

South Alabama vs. Troy and Texas State vs. James Madison are critical for the Cajuns to have company in the NCAA tournament.

Top 25 rpi watch: #30 Mississippi, #33 Central Florida, #35 Indiana
    Ole Miss - takes 1 from Florida, drops the other 2. Minimal improvement, if any. Closes regular season at home vs. Alabama.
    UCF - 3-0 on the week, all 3 against Houston (19-24), closes out at Memphis (8-36). Not good.
    Indiana - 3-0, all against #32 Michigan (24-18). Hoosiers finish at home against last place Michigan State. They are 2nd in the Big Ten behind Northwestern. They are likely the best chance of getting the 3rd top 25 win.

The new rpi rankings will be out tomorrow, I'll probably do an analysis of our hosting chances after I post them.

Default Re: Thank You, Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Standings

Louisiana 19-2
    South Alabama 17-4
    Marshall 14-5
    Troy 14-6-1
    Texas State 11-8-1
    James Madison 12-9
    Coastal Carolina 9-12
    ULM 7-14
    Georgia Southern 6-15
    Georgia State 6-15
    Southern Mississippi 4-15
    Appalachian State 3-16

The loss today eliminates Marshall from the regular season title race. Cajuns' magic number is 1.

South Alabama vs. Troy and Texas State vs. James Madison are critical for the Cajuns to have company in the NCAA tournament.

Top 25 rpi watch: #30 Mississippi, #33 Central Florida, #35 Indiana
    Ole Miss - takes 1 from Florida, drops the other 2. Minimal improvement, if any. Closes regular season at home vs. Alabama.
    UCF - 3-0 on the week, all 3 against Houston (19-24), closes out at Memphis (8-36). Not good.
    Indiana - 3-0, all against #32 Michigan (24-18). Hoosiers finish at home against last place Michigan State. They are 2nd in the Big Ten behind Northwestern. They are likely the best chance of getting the 3rd top 25 win.

The new rpi rankings will be out tomorrow, I'll probably do an analysis of our hosting chances after I post them.
    I don't see us hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I don't see us hosting.
    Agree with you. I don't think the SEC and P5s would allow it even if we deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Agree with you. I don't think the SEC and P5s would allow it even if we deserved it.
    Our record against top 25 teams will hurt our resume.

Our record against top 25 teams will hurt our resume.
    Yup, too many early season games we let slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yup, too many early season games we let slip away.
    "Early season" are the key words.

7. Default Re: Thank You, Texas State

Pretty unlikely they’re hosting this year, and while I really like this team, I don’t think they’ve earned it.

Likely heading down I-10 east, and that’s perfectly fine imo. This is an incredibly talented, albeit young, team. I think late May is gonna be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Pretty unlikely they’re hosting this year, and while I really like this team, I don’t think they’ve earned it.

Likely heading down I-10 east, and that’s perfectly fine imo. This is an incredibly talented, albeit young, team. I think late May is gonna be a lot of fun.
    I am hearing Arkansas or Alabama.

Today, Glasco said if they would have won instead of losing by one to Michigan, if they would have won instead of losing by one to Arkansas and if they would have won instead of losing by one to UCLA, they would have been a top eight seed.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Today, Glasco said if they would have won instead of losing by one to Michigan, if they would have won instead of losing by one to Arkansas and if they would have won instead of losing by one to UCLA, they would have been a top eight seed.
    Man, even just the UCLA game. Put that one in the resume (which they should have) and I think that’s enough of a justification for a host site as things stand at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yep, just two many If's.

Yes, and the other "ifs" ms.davis not hurt, that could easily have produced an extr run in those 1 run games. And ms. Allred was riding the pine, undiscovered early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yes, and the other "ifs" ms.davis not hurt, that could easily have produced an extr run in those 1 run games. And ms. Allred was riding the pine, undiscovered early in the season.
    Roarman discovered her in the fall. He tried to tell everyone that would listen.

Roarman discovered her in the fall. He tried to tell everyone that would listen.
    I remember that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information