Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball Program

UL Softball Softball Program

I went online last night and downloaded the all time record book history. If you haven't done so, it's very, very impressive!

I know we've done a lot over the years for our program infrastructure -wise, but IMHO, I don't think we give it enough crowd support. Sure we have close to a sellout when the Tiggers come to town or we host a regional / conference tournament, but I've been disappointed a lot this season. I know it's difficult to be at every game, I've missed a few due to work reasons, but typically not on weekends.

I'd like to see a system to make it easier to send tickets to more folks when you know you can't make the game. Hell, even give them away would be better than not being used. I've had close friends call me several times this year asking if I needed more tickets, but it's just the wife and I these days. I'm going to ask colleagues at work if they would be interested anytime I get that call for extra tickets. Short notice makes it more difficult, but it's worth a try. Maybe we could get the word out on social media and get a list of folks that would be interested in getting tickets, free or discounted?

This program's history is head and shoulders above any other sport at UL, and it's not close. We had the top recruiting class on one site a couple years ago and a pretty darn good one last year. More support in the stands would help us continue to recruit at a high level.

I'm just making comments after looking thru the Records Book. I wish I had been living in the States when we were getting started and kicking butt before the Tiggers even had a program! I lived overseas 20 years and missed a lot of UL sports, but Softball has been the sport that I missed that's been the most successful.

Here's the link:
    https://ragincajuns.com/documents/20.RecordBook.pdf

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I went online last night and downloaded the all time record book history. If you haven't done so, it's very, very impressive!

I know we've done a lot over the years for our program infrastructure -wise, but IMHO, I don't think we give it enough crowd support. Sure we have close to a sellout when the Tiggers come to town or we host a regional / conference tournament, but I've been disappointed a lot this season. I know it's difficult to be at every game, I've missed a few due to work reasons, but typically not on weekends.

I'd like to see a system to make it easier to send tickets to more folks when you know you can't make the game. Hell, even give them away would be better than not being used. I've had close friends call me several times this year asking if I needed more tickets, but it's just the wife and I these days. I'm going to ask colleagues at work if they would be interested anytime I get that call for extra tickets. Short notice makes it more difficult, but it's worth a try. Maybe we could get the word out on social media and get a list of folks that would be interested in getting tickets, free or discounted?

This program's history is head and shoulders above any other sport at UL, and it's not close. We had the top recruiting class on one site a couple years ago and a pretty darn good one last year. More support in the stands would help us continue to recruit at a high level.

I'm just making comments after looking thru the Records Book. I wish I had been living in the States when we were getting started and kicking butt before the Tiggers even had a program! I lived overseas 20 years and missed a lot of UL sports, but Softball has been the sport that I missed that's been the most successful.

Here's the link:
    https://ragincajuns.com/documents/20.RecordBook.pdf
    Very seldom do I miss a game. When I do I always call my inner circle of folks to see who all needs tickets. Never do I want to see them go to waste.

Personally, I would be more likely to walk-up and buy softball tix if I didn't have to sit in the outfield when there are plenty available empty seats in the grandstand. Knowing I'd have to sit in the OF, I'd rather watch on TV at home.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Personally, I would be more likely to walk-up and buy softball tix if I didn't have to sit in the outfield when there are plenty available empty seats in the grandstand. Knowing I'd have to sit in the OF, I'd rather watch on TV at home.
    This is what I'm talking about!

Turbine.is it possible to set up a listing for folks looking for grandstand tickets for softball, or hell, for all sports for that matter. A list that would include the individual's email and/or cell number making it easy to transfer tickets not being used.

5. Default Re: Softball Program

Having been watching this board for years, this looks like the same rationale given by many for not coming to football games because you have to park across Congress when there are plenty of parking spots available within the fenses of Cajun Field?

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryFan View Post
    Having been watching this board for years, this looks like the same rationale given by many for not coming to football games because you have to park across Congress when there are plenty of parking spots available within the fenses of Cajun Field?
    No - it's different. outfield vibe and game experience is much different than that in the GS.

You can still get decent seats at CF and park across the way. That's just an inconvenience.

We're talking about the actual game experience in softball. I'm not complaining. It's just the reality. I know I could get Softball season tickets to solve the issue, but I can't use enough to make it worth it and baseball keeps me busy, so I don't get softball season tickets.

Personally I’d go to a few softball games but you have to park at Cajun field, then walk across Reinhard, and the entire length of the practice football field, only to see empty spots at bourgeois hall. That’s just a bad message to the fan. I just stream them on my patio when possible it’s much more convenient.

No - it's different. outfield vibe and game experience is much different than that in the GS.

You can still get decent seats at CF and park across the way. That's just an inconvenience.

We're talking about the actual game experience in softball. I'm not complaining. It's just the reality. I know I could get Softball season tickets to solve the issue, but I can't use enough to make it worth it and baseball keeps me busy, so I don't get softball season tickets.
    It's understandable that you don't go enough to justify softball season tickets. And it is a fact that our softball prices are among the highest in the country I believe. However, I have season tickets in the grandstand, and I the workers haven't been checking tickets when you enter for a while. You could probably buy outfield tickets and sit in the grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    It's understandable that you don't go enough to justify softball season tickets. And it is a fact that our softball prices are among the highest in the country I believe. However, I have season tickets in the grandstand, and I the workers haven't been checking tickets when you enter for a while. You could probably buy outfield tickets and sit in the grandstand.
    And what happens when those folks are in YOUR seats?

If you need grandstand tickets just start a thread asking. If I have some I will give them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    And what happens when those folks are in YOUR seats?
    Show your seat tickets and ask them to move. Happens from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That's good to know. In the past, they've been sticklers about grandstand seating.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If you need grandstand tickets just start a thread asking. If I have some I will give them to you.
    Thank you

Exactly, it's no big deal. It happened to me once, and they were happy to move.

I have season football tickets in the upper deck first six row that are reserved. I don't know if it is the way the ticket sellers describe the GA section, but I have to fight with people to get out of my season ticket all the time. Even though I am holding the ticket for the 4 seats they are sitting in. They got some very nervy people in this world.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information