Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball Program

Default Re: Softball Program

Basically, one of the easiest major UL sports to attend.

Parking either by the intermural fields and walking under the Cajun Dome BLVD underpass. Or parking at CF. Easy. Probably shorter or equal either way than parking at CF and having to walk to the Cajun Dome for basketball.

Tickets. Easy to come by and reasonable.

It's busy, but not packed most games.

Sitting in the outfield does separate you from the cheers in the grandstand, but you get used to it. The outfield will fill up and get into it for good games.

Games usually last around 2 hours and you can get away quicker with a run rule.

Plus, they've been consistently good to great for decades. Fans will usually drive home after seeing a win.

All in all, it's just easy. I love going and it's easy to bring the kids to also.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Personally, I would be more likely to walk-up and buy softball tix if I didn't have to sit in the outfield when there are plenty available empty seats in the grandstand. Knowing I'd have to sit in the OF, I'd rather watch on TV at home.
    Actually, sitting in the outfield gives a fan an excellent view.

That's good to know. In the past, they've been sticklers about grandstand seating.
    They are not.

Here's how to fill up the outfield seats every game. There are hundreds of softball teams in the area. Every home game, send emails to the coaches of 20 of those teams. Tell them the players get in for free, if they wear their uniform to the game. The coaches have to pay a $5 admission. Then the players get to mingle with the players after the game. Little girls would love to have that experience. Plus, it's amazing how loud they can scream. It would really add to the atmosphere rather than having those seats empty. One more thing. Probably every one of those young ladies would spend money at the concession. So, the university makes more money even though the players were let in free.

I would go to more softball games but I never know who is gonna be on the mound for the lady Cajuns. We deserve better

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Here's how to fill up the outfield seats every game. There are hundreds of softball teams in the area. Every home game, send emails to the coaches of 20 of those teams. Tell them the players get in for free, if they wear their uniform to the game. The coaches have to pay a $5 admission. Then the players get to mingle with the players after the game. Little girls would love to have that experience. Plus, it's amazing how loud they can scream. It would really add to the atmosphere rather than having those seats empty. One more thing. Probably every one of those young ladies would spend money at the concession. So, the university makes more money even though the players were let in free.
    I love it how UL Athletics is paying people to not come up with simple ideas like this20 may be a bit much, but certainly 10 teams is workable.

That's good to know. In the past, they've been sticklers about grandstand seating.
    Which they should be. To have season tickets(highest in the country for softball) in the grandstands you have you be a rcaf member and purchase tickets and someone off the street can get a GA ticket for $5 and sit their. Doesn't seem fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I would go to more softball games but I never know who is gonna be on the mound for the lady Cajuns. We deserve better
    F-ing A.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I love it how UL Athletics is paying people to not come up with simple ideas like this20 may be a bit much, but certainly 10 teams is workable.
    Sounds like a good concept but probably will not work. Most teams practice on days of the mid week games and they have their own games on the weekend when the Cajuns play.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Basically, one of the easiest major UL sports to attend.

Parking either by the intermural fields and walking under the Cajun Dome BLVD underpass. Or parking at CF. Easy. Probably shorter or equal either way than parking at CF and having to walk to the Cajun Dome for basketball.

Tickets. Easy to come by and reasonable.

It's busy, but not packed most games.

Sitting in the outfield does separate you from the cheers in the grandstand, but you get used to it. The outfield will fill up and get into it for good games.

Games usually last around 2 hours and you can get away quicker with a run rule.

Plus, they've been consistently good to great for decades. Fans will usually drive home after seeing a win.

All in all, it's just easy. I love going and it's easy to bring the kids to also.
    I park closer to Cajun field and the Cajun Dome than both of those lots you mentioned for softball. But I agree they are about as close as someone who can park for free directly across the street from Cajun field. (My last post was sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You don't.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    You don't.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Very seldom do I miss a game. When I do I always call my inner circle of folks to see who all needs tickets. Never do I want to see them go to waste.
    I waste tickets all the time football attended 3 games basketball attended 0 games softball attended 3 games I wish I could give tickets away. I've been so busy. I've already told someone I may have to give them my tournament tickets its my birthday weekend. I go to more away games than home games because I'm always on the road or can plan to be there easier than at home and I live here lol.

14. Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Actually, sitting in the outfield gives a fan an excellent view.
    I would bet that any Cajun Fan would be willing to purchase a $5 ticket and trade it with you for your grand stand ticket which could afford you that great view for the next Cajuns softball game.

Just an off the cuff thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryFan View Post
    I would bet that any Cajun Fan would be willing to purchase a $5 ticket and trade it with you for your grand stand ticket which could afford you that great view for the next Cajuns softball game.

Just an off the cuff thought.
    I'd be happy to do that. I sit in the grandstands quite often. I like the view from centerfield, by where the camera is set up, so I can see exactly how the pitches are being thrown. Try it sometime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information