Thread: News on the fight against cancer

Default News on the fight against cancer

Around November of last year I got an email asking if I would be willing to participate in an early cancer screening clinical trial . Basically they were doing a clinical research study on a blood test that looks for markers for 51 types of internal cancers. I volunteered for the study. It took a while for them to contact me but I went in for the blood test about a week and a half ago. I got the results back today showing " no cancer markers detected". Which is good news. This study has a goal of having 30000 people in it's sample size.

I am glad that I was able to be a part of that sample and make a small contribution to the fight against cancer.

I hope in a few years this test will be widely available to the general public. It will be a very useful tool to detect cancers in it's early stages when it is most treatable.

You can find out more at this link
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05155605

Ragin' Cajuns Re: News on the fight against cancer

There has been commercials on TV about this screening.

Default Re: News on the fight against cancer

I wonder how many will opt out of screening because so many have lost faith in our medical system. Thank you for participating. I’m glad our university is engaged in the medical side of improving our quality of life.

I have spoken to numerous doctors who do medical research, not practice seeing patients, that have said they could find a cure for cancer tomorrow if they wanted it to be cured. It’s a billion dollar industry and no one in government or the industry wants that to go away.

5. Default Re: News on the fight against cancer

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have spoken to numerous doctors who do medical research, not practice seeing patients, that have said they could find a cure for cancer tomorrow if they wanted it to be cured. It’s a billion dollar industry and no one in government or the industry wants that to go away.
    Where is my tin foil hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Didn’t know we were your tin foil hat keeper. I will let you know if I see it though.

You seriously doubt that? You can’t be that gullible. With today’s scientific capabilities.

8. Default Re: News on the fight against cancer

You seriously doubt that? You can’t be that gullible. With today’s scientific capabilities.
    When cures are found they will be found, I know it sounds profound, but there are more reasons to find cures than not to.

From a Funding standpoint, the GDP would double with a completely healthy workforce.

The very study that started this thread says you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I wonder how many will opt out of screening because so many have lost faith in our medical system. Thank you for participating. I’m glad our university is engaged in the medical side of improving our quality of life.
    Listened to a discussion a few years back. With genetic research the ability to know a patient’s predisposition for illnesses will be the insurance industry’s dream come true. Customized policies become the norm, with the industry holding the better hand.

If you have any doubts, look no further than flood insurance rates. Or the size of your car’s motor or weight, coupe or sedan, and even the color.

When cures are found they will be found, I know it sounds profound, but there are more reasons to find cures than not to.

From a Funding standpoint, the GDP would double with a completely healthy workforce.

The very study that started this thread says you are wrong.
    Not me. I am not qualified to make that statement. That would be scientist that have spent their career doing research finding cures for many disease who would be wrong.

11. Default Re: News on the fight against cancer

Not me. I am not qualified to make that statement. That would be scientist that have spent their career doing research finding cures for many disease who would be wrong.
    Not that anyone would ever turn down the money or stop asking for more, but It's kind of like what Jalen Hurts said ‘Money Is Nice. Championships Are Better’

The notoriety and legacy any scientist would receive for finding a cure far outweighs the coin.

Man’s quest for immortality…

Thread Information