Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Swept in loss to JMU

1. Default ESPN 1420 The Cajuns Get Swept by James Madison

The Cajuns fell short again on Sunday, suffering a sweep at the hands of James Madison.

Default Re: Swept in loss to JMU

Epic fail as the kids say

I'm just straight up not having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I guess the midweek at LSU was our World Series
    Yeah I learned that at the parade.

I remember being swept by a ULM team we shouldn’t have been swept by some years back, then went on an epic tear. Maybe this will be our wake-up call.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I remember being swept by a ULM team we shouldn’t have been swept by some years back, then went on an epic tear. Maybe this will be our wake-up call.
    I honestly hope it is, but I just don’t see anything waking this bunch up. Sleepwalking through High Point and nearly losing that series should have done the trick. Needing 40+ runs to beat South Al should’ve woke us up. Losing series at home to App and Troy should have set off some alarm bells. It’s easy to see why this group has kept on snoozing though if you listen to their leader. I was left scratching my head after the Troy series listening to him talk about how proud he was and his “weathering the storm” narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    I thought that wake up might happen after we won at the Box.

We just gave up 31 runs to Cupcake State. Nothing about our pitching says "Hold my beer".

Prove me wrong.

I keep seeing people say “we have too much talent.” Do we? Or are we forcing that incorrect narrative? Maybe the guys we have that are supposed to be our studs…are just average compared to our opponents.

Why is Zambo stuck in the back of the bus?

We fixing to the find out with this end of the season Gauntlet of a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I keep seeing people say “we have too much talent.” Do we? Or are we forcing that incorrect narrative? Maybe the guys we have that are supposed to be our studs…are just average compared to our opponents.
    We don't have enough talent on the mound to totally bounce back at this stage. Having good stuff is only partial talent. Ability to hit your spots for strikes requires real talent. At this stage fans have not seen enough consistency in that aspect to give them confidence things will improve on the weekends. Doubtful at this point that shortcoming can be overcome. However, what we think here is not the key. Key is if the guys who step on the field BELIEVE they can turn things around. I have no doubt they will keep working towards improvement as that is the cajun way.

Maybe JMU put our players' individual stats in large font on all of their digital boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We don't have enough talent on the mound to totally bounce back at this stage. Having good stuff is only partial talent. Ability to hit your spots for strikes requires real talent. At this stage fans have not seen enough consistency in that aspect to give them confidence things will improve on the weekends. Doubtful at this point that shortcoming can be overcome. However, what we think here is not the key. Key is if the guys who step on the field BELIEVE they can turn things around. I have no doubt they will keep working towards improvement as that is the cajun way.
    The talent I'm referring to is on the position player side. We are woefully short on talent on the pitching staff, but if our offense was clicking like we all know it can, that would not only cover for the lack of pitching talent but also give more confidence for that staff to pitch above their talent.

Why are we short on pitching? Did some guys not pan out? Did we not recruit well? Is it because we don't have a true pitching coach?

Obviously this is all opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Why are we short on pitching? Did some guys not pan out? Did we not recruit well? Is it because we don't have a true pitching coach?

Obviously this is all opinion.
    Probably all of the above.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information