Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball Regionals

UL Softball Softball Regionals

I hope that I am wrong, but I don't see where the Cajuns would host this year. My question to you guys is would you rather the Cajuns host as a #15 or #16 and have to travel to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, or be sent to a #8 or #9 seed regional?

Default Re: Softball Regionals

Oklahoma might not lose another game. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Oklahoma might not lose another game. Ever.
    I really don't see them winning the WCWS this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I hope that I am wrong, but I don't see where the Cajuns would host this year. My question to you guys is would you rather the Cajuns host as a #15 or #16 and have to travel to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, or be sent to a #8 or #9 seed regional?
    Right now, it doesn't matter what regional the Cajuns are in. They have not figured out how to beat "good" teams, and my definition of a "good" team is one that can win a regional. Baylor and Texas A&M are the types of teams that they will see as a #1 or #2 seed in a regional, and, while competitive, they could not get over the hump and win the game. That's a problem when it's your last chance to show the committee you deserve to host a regional. There's a lot that can happen the next four weeks, but there will need to be a marked improvement in how this team conducts itself on the field if they hope to make noise in the post season.

Regional Glasco says he is ready to be called Super Regional Glasco.

6. Default Re: Softball Regionals

When have the Lady Cajun's ever won a WCWS Championship? I believe they need to concentrate on just making it to Oklahoma City and then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    When have the Lady Cajun's ever won a WCWS Championship? I believe they need to concentrate on just making it to Oklahoma City and then go from there.
    No team at UL is called the Lady Cajuns. The ONLY thing left for this program is to win a WCWS. Everything else as a program has been achieved.

8. Default Re: Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    No team at UL is called the Lady Cajuns. The ONLY thing left for this program is to win a WCWS. Everything else as a program has been achieved.
    Get a grip, he said "ever" that includes Lady Cajuns.

Saying “Lady Cajuns” can get you kicked off the island in some crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Saying “Lady Cajuns” can get you kicked off the island in some crowds.
    Since soccer and volleyball are both established as “women’s“ sports at UL, if the athletic program were to expand to include volleyball and soccer for men, would these sports be called Gentlemen’s volleyball and gentlemen’s soccer?

11. Default Re: Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Since soccer and volleyball are both established as “women’s“ sports at UL, if the athletic program were to expand to include volleyball and soccer for men, would these sports be called Gentlemen’s volleyball and gentlemen’s soccer?
    Don’t forget basketball.

It was so much simpler then.

During basketball season everyone knew Lady Cajuns meant basketball.

Since the money saving brand merger went into effect it is not unusual to see a once needless clarifying headline that says " Women's Ragin' Cajun Basketball" or "Louisiana Women" Women's basketball." Often presented as a kite without a tail X2.

A stand alone brand had the potential to be much more profitable to Louisiana Athletics.

Host. 5 seasons of playing the game where we think we'll get a favorable regional on the road with an easier path to the WCWS. It's groundhog day.

I agree with what others have said. Got to win games against competition you'll actually see in the post season. We've won games against regional teams. IU, Florida, the across basin folks, UCF, Ole Miss. Maybe South Al or McNeese if they win the Southland. But have underperformed in far too many others.

To the original question. You've got to make it to a super in order to take the next step. We just can't make it to a super. Hosting gives you the best shot. Don't care if you're a 16. Just weary of playing the "favorable road regional" game, making it to Sunday and only competing well.

Can imagine the team and coach Glasco feel that x's 1000.

To win the WCWS, we need to be able to beat teams like OK State and UCLA. It’s not happening unless we clean up fielding defense and have more than one pitcher that can pitch at least five innings without having a mental breakdown.

14. Default Re: Softball Regionals

There is still time to fix the small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is still time to fix the small stuff.
    Question is - when will they do it / why haven’t they already done it? Isn’t that what practice is for? Are they taking note of what’s clearly not working? Head scratcher for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information