Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: SB Final: Louisiana 2, Texas A&M 4

Default Re: 🥎 softball vs Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ve been a defender of Coach Glasco on here; however, I am willing to listen to those who say “he’s not the guy”.

In the case of Coach Marlin (and I know, our softball vs basketball history and national rep is very different), it’s been said it would be a bad look to fire a coach after he got our team into the NCAA Tournament.

Would it be a bad look to fire a head coach who has consistently won the conference and has at least consistently put our girls in the Regional Championship game?

I believe we are one of only two non-P5 programs currently in the Top 25 in many polls. Us and Wichita State? Does that factor any into the “he’s not the guy” discussion? Maybe it doesn’t.

If Coach Glasco isn’t the guy for us, and we should move on, who should be on our short list? I am assuming (maybe wrongly) that those who would prefer to move on from him have someone in mind whom they think would take the job and we could afford.
    I would like to see that list of guys they want. Once the time comes that the Cajuns need a new coach, the current assistant coach at A&M should be on that list.

The radar gun here is whacked. There's no way some of these pitches are 71.5 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ve been a defender of Coach Glasco on here; however, I am willing to listen to those who say “he’s not the guy”.

In the case of Coach Marlin (and I know, our softball vs basketball history and national rep is very different), it’s been said it would be a bad look to fire a coach after he got our team into the NCAA Tournament.

Would it be a bad look to fire a head coach who has consistently won the conference and has at least consistently put our girls in the Regional Championship game?

I believe we are one of only two non-P5 programs currently in the Top 25 in many polls. Us and Wichita State? Does that factor any into the “he’s not the guy” discussion? Maybe it doesn’t.

If Coach Glasco isn’t the guy for us, and we should move on, who should be on our short list? I am assuming (maybe wrongly) that those who would prefer to move on from him have someone in mind whom they think would take the job and we could afford.
    I have not seen one fan suggest firing Glasco. I would just like to see what this team could do if he stopped making so many bone headed base running and lineup card decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I have not seen one fan suggest firing Glasco. I would just like to see what this team could do if he stopped making so many bone headed base running and lineup card decisions.
    The lineup has stabilized somewhat. But it was definitely aggravating the constant changes.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The lineup has stabilized somewhat. But it was definitely aggravating the constant changes.
    Agree, it has been very encouraging to see lineup stabilization. I hope that coach does not try to be too cute down the stretch and start tinkering with it again.

Baylor we could have won. A&M, we should have won. Shame. Clutch hitting not happening in last two games. Errors and walks not good also. We need to recoup with Tx St. Maybe we can pull this one out. Praying

Frustrating game. Allow five hits. Get 8 hits and down 2 runs . Geez

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Baylor we could have won. A&M, we should have won. Shame. Clutch hitting not happening in last two games. Errors and walks not good also. We need to recoup with Tx St. Maybe we can pull this one out. Praying
    I'm sorry. The game is over? The Cajuns lost?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Errors, walks, hit batter, base running mistakes will cause a good team to lose to a lesser team.

10 hits. The only runs scored on two solo homers.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Errors, walks, hit batter, base running mistakes will cause a good team to lose to a lesser team.

Also 8 runners LOB.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post

Very frustrating. Especially since we absolutely needed these road games this week.

The schedule was there. Several wins left out there too. Will it ultimately put us on the road in the post season again?

Yep. We lost. Praying didn’t work. I did something wrong. Went to St. Anthony. Patron of lost stuff. Like clutch hitting and strikes. Should have tried St. Jude. Patron of lost causes.
    Really disappointed but youth has to learn. And they sure should get something out the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Very frustrating. Especially since we absolutely needed these road games this week.

The schedule was there. Several wins left out there too. Will it ultimately put us on the road in the post season again?
    Probably so.

Back to Baton Rouge and back to the same results this post season. Can’t wait to almost win a regional this year.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information