Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Baseball week 6 rpi - April 9

Default Re: Baseball week 6 rpi - April 9

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Context matters. Just because more people chose to watch one softball game which happened to feature a nationally known rivalry over one baseball game does not mean that UL softball should be getting all their games broadcast while baseball gets one. That’s the whole point someone was trying to make. We had this discussion last year ad nauseam. It’s not that women’s games shouldn’t be broadcasted cause they should. They’ve earned that. But not at the expense of the baseball team. It’s Busch league bro.
    UL vs Texas State SB is a bigger series than UL vs Troy BB. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Maybe to you

LOL this was one game, and might be the only one ever.

That would be a loud NO.

When it comes to tv, obviously you have to be fair to both sports. And, I'll give the conference office credit for staying away from weekends like this throughout the season. This is the only time it happens, and it's by design.

Here's what I don't get.

Back when the schedule was first released (which was well before the season started), Troy was the weekend baseball wouldn't have all games streamed. I would think if you folks were going to make a big issue out of it, it would have been then. But if I remember right, there were lots of folks who understood.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    When it comes to tv, obviously you have to be fair to both sports. And, I'll give the conference office credit for staying away from weekends like this throughout the season. This is the only time it happens, and it's by design.

Here's what I don't get.

Back when the schedule was first released (which was well before the season started), Troy was the weekend baseball wouldn't have all games streamed. I would think if you folks were going to make a big issue out of it, it would have been then. But if I remember right, there were lots of folks who understood.
    My only question is why are they able to broadcast both on Sunday (softball at 12:00 and baseball at 1:00) but not able to on Friday and Saturday?

I’m guessing it’s something contractual. Earlier in the year someone mentioned a lack of equipment or something that makes streaming multiple home events at the same time impossible. But that doesn’t seem to be the case Sunday of this weekend.

Really tall order, but a weekend sweep of Troy would be really nice for RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    My only question is why are they able to broadcast both on Sunday (softball at 12:00 and baseball at 1:00) but not able to on Friday and Saturday?

I’m guessing it’s something contractual. Earlier in the year someone mentioned a lack of equipment or something that makes streaming multiple home events at the same time impossible. But that doesn’t seem to be the case Sunday of this weekend.
    And when people challenged that notion, certain individuals ridiculed them and said to shut up and deal with it

I think the Sunday game for softball is a misprint. I do not believe it will be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think the Sunday game for softball is a misprint. I do not believe it will be televised.
    Actually, it will. Joel Billeaud said this morning all softball will be televised.

Actually, it will. Joel Billeaud said this morning all softball will be televised.
    So the question remains, why can we do both on Sunday, but only one on Friday and Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    So the question remains, why can we do both on Sunday, but only one on Friday and Saturday?
    I'll ask tomorrow when I see him. But I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

That would be a loud NO.

LOL

I'll ask tomorrow when I see him. But I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
    Thanks Jay.

That would be a loud NO.
    Well we have season tickets to both softball and baseball. I know where we will be. I have folks ass in the seats that I will not be in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information