Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball week 6 rpi - April 9

Default Re: Baseball week 6 rpi - April 9

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Maybe the ESPN+ contract restricts any ability to do this? Just asking.
    The 4pm Softball game Saturday is on ESPN+ so that probably is not movable. The 4pm baseball game is not currently on ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    The 4pm Softball game Saturday is on ESPN+ so that probably is not movable. The 4pm baseball game is not currently on ESPN+
    I just looked and saw that baseball will not be streamed Friday OR Saturday.

Softball will be broadcast instead. The softball program has been excellent for a long time, and deserve a ton of support and recognition, but that’s just ridiculous.

And it really sucks for those baseball fans that aren’t able to attend the games in person. I realize softball has those fans too, but that number is much higher for baseball.

And I would guess that more eyes from Troy would be on a baseball broadcast than there will be Texas St softball fans watching from San Marcos.

I can (maybe) understand showing softball either Friday or Saturday, both both?? Just a hideous decision.

Should we email ESPN to let them know the sun is brutal at that time? I'm sure they would understand and change the times. Seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Should we email ESPN to let them know the sun is brutal at that time? I'm sure they would understand and change the times. Seems reasonable.
    That would be a waste of time because that game is not on ESPN+. Pay attention & try to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Softball will be broadcast instead. The softball program has been excellent for a long time, and deserve a ton of support and recognition, but that’s just ridiculous.

And it really sucks for those baseball fans that aren’t able to attend the games in person. I realize softball has those fans too, but that number is much higher for baseball.

And I would guess that more eyes from Troy would be on a baseball broadcast than there will be Texas St softball fans watching from San Marcos.

I can (maybe) understand showing softball either Friday or Saturday, both both?? Just a hideous decision.
    I disagree. I can not see streaming softball on a Friday Saturday or Sunday that baseball is in town. If you can only do one or the other that is. Very disappointing. It would suck to be a Troy fan this week.

Saturday baseball games used to always be 6 PM… After April/Easter. Why did it ever change?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I disagree. I can not see streaming softball on a Friday Saturday or Sunday that baseball is in town. If you can only do one or the other that is. Very disappointing. It would suck to be a Troy fan this week.
    It looks like both will be broadcast on Sunday. So why is baseball not being streamed on Friday and Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    Saturday baseball games used to always be 6 PM… After April/Easter. Why did it ever change?
    Yeah.4pm simply sucks. Total fail

That would be a waste of time because that game is not on ESPN+. Pay attention & try to stay up
    My apologies. The sun must have gotten to me. Was sitting out in the grandstand around 4 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Yeah.4pm simply sucks. Total fail
    Agree. Go back to the old days before they started tampering with start times. 6, 2 and 1.

The UL vs Texas State is a huge softball series. Alot of eyes from both schools will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The UL vs Texas State is a huge softball series. Alot of eyes from both schools will be watching.
    We can agree to disagree. Baseball averages more fans than the softball stadiums capacity.

I love Cajun softball but women’s sports don’t draw the same attention as men’s. It’s just the way it is.

We can agree to disagree. Baseball averages more fans than the softball stadiums capacity.

I love Cajun softball but women’s sports don’t draw the same attention as men’s. It’s just the way it is.
    Is that why the WCWS has outdrawn the CWS the last few years? This is facts.

You sure those are facts?

Last years CWS averaged 24,407 per game.

The WCWS, with OU and Oklahoma State both in it, set a single game record with 12,533 in attendance for one session.

I’m going to need to see the source of these facts as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information