Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. This is a GREAT IDEA Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

GET READY TO TELL YA MAMA AND DEM!

It’s time for Ragin Cajuns fans to fight for mascot that’s worthy of having the UL brand across its chest, and garner respect from institutions everywhere. Tomorrow might be the start of something special. Spread the word.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Let’s Geaux!

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    GET READY TO TELL YA MAMA AND DEM!

It’s time for Ragin Cajuns fans to fight for mascot that’s worthy of having the UL brand across its chest, and garner respect from institutions everywhere. Tomorrow might be the start of something special. Spread the word.
    I am 100% on board with this! Many thanks to Cory’s effort to lead this push!

It is time for this and thanks for initiating it.

My recommendation is the Gator. We have it on campus in a Swamp that is also the name of our stadium. It has tradition. It is easily recognizable. There are only 2 schools that would have a Gator as a mascot, Louisiana and Florida who also has a stadium called the Swamp. That puts is in good company.

Keep in mind a comparison of Clemson and Louisiana State. Both are Tigers, both have a stadium called Death Valley and both have the "Hold That Tiger" fight song. Yet, it doesn't bother either school nor its fans.

Someone already created a Red Gator character that we can use. He called it Fideaux. We can use that or come up with another name. Louie, short for Louisiana, would be a good one. We can have a FDL on the chest with Louie in the middle of it and keep the FDL university symbol.

We can have either 1 or 2 mascots in uniform on the sidelines. If we go with 2, we can have Louie and Ana which really captures the Louisiana name.

We can also use the Gator Growl over the loudspeaker at games and we can even have a live Gator on the sidelines in a controlled cage.

This will help to further connect the main campus to the athletic campus with The Swamp. It is a natural for UL. Let's not overlook the most obvious thing that has been a tradition since the university was formed.

Remember, this is a mascot not a moniker. Ragin Cajuns is our moniker and that will not change. This just gives us a great mascot to finally go along with it.

I agree 100 percent! Geaux with the gator for a mascot.

6. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

The campaign to get UL a mascot starts today!

I’ll like y’all to meet Albineaux “Al” Boudreaux.

Learn more about him, and all the details about his design in the link below. If you’re a fan of the Cajuns please share this with anyone and everyone. 🤟

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAn...w?usp=drivesdk

Love it. Let's make it happen, case closed. Perfect spirit leader for Ragin' Cajuns moniker.

8. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

RR had the privilege to do some pseudo consulting with Cory on this. I can tell you, he's taken his time making sure to include something that commemorates several generations of Cajun history. Many odes to each mascot before AL. The graphic designer he hired has done excellent work over many machinations of this concept.

Excited for the reveal.

9. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Here are some of the explanations from Cory himself:

10. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

If you support this initiative, please contact Leslie Saloom, Associate Director of Trademark Licensing.

Email: wearred@louisiana.edu
    Office Phone: (337) 482-1636

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    The campaign to get UL a mascot starts today!

I’ll like y’all to meet Albineaux “Al” Boudreaux.

Learn more about him, and all the details about his design in the link below. If you’re a fan of the Cajuns please share this with anyone and everyone. ��

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAn...w?usp=drivesdk
    All of this looks and sounds great, except the UL Lafayette part.

Is Albineaux the working name or is that set in stone....I'm not sure that a school with woke sensabilities and a majority of african american athletes will go along with a "white" gator...just saying. This thing will be filtered through many, many groups before it comes to life as anything posted. But its a start, and start that needed to happen...I'm all for having a gator of some sort as a mascot.

13. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is Albineaux the working name or is that set in stone....I'm not sure that a school with woke sensabilities and a majority of african american athletes will go along with a "white" gator...just saying. This thing will be filtered through many, many groups before it comes to life as anything posted. But its a start, and start that needed to happen...I'm all for having a gator of some sort as a mascot.
    Make is green or red that way they can't cry.

14. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Albino's exist in every ethnic group, including Alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Albino's exist in every ethnic group, including Alligators.
    The Politically Woke don't care about science.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information