Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This is getting alot of blow back on the UL Football Fan FB page.that's your guarantee that its basically a good idea.most there want CajunMan back.
    Yeah the people on their are not the biggest fans of change it seems. They are the most out of touch, and still hold a deep love for Cajun Man. In my weeks (really months) of person to person testing Albineaux reactions, I had to show people who had no connection to UL the Cajun Man mascot. Unanimously, they all thought he was terrifying and terrible. Having a giant humanoid head anything is always a hard sell. Add on, we couldn’t even give him a name. Just…Cajun Man. The most uncreative, uninspiring, and literal interpretation of a Ragin Cajun.

I think the largest institution in the university of Louisiana school system bathed in rich culture, can do better than just some guy in a hat.

What sucks too is they’re completely ignoring Al acknowledgment of their love. His pinstripes are an important part of his design! Half of Albineaux is a Cajun Man reference! But that’s not good enough for some.

2. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Yeah the people on their are not the biggest fans of change it seems. They are the most out of touch, and still hold a deep love for Cajun Man. In my weeks (really months) of person to person testing Albineaux reactions, I had to show people who had no connection to UL the Cajun Man mascot. Unanimously, they all thought he was terrifying and terrible. Having a giant humanoid head anything is always a hard sell. Add on, we couldn’t even give him a name. Just…Cajun Man. The most uncreative, uninspiring, and literal interpretation of a Ragin Cajun.

I think the largest institution in the university of Louisiana school system bathed in rich culture, can do better than just some guy in a hat.

What sucks too is they’re completely ignoring Al acknowledgment of their love. His pinstripes are an important part of his design! Half of Albineaux is a Cajun Man reference! But that’s not good enough for some.
    They never had any love for Cajun Man when he was around that was why he was so short lived.

Hilarious how they are grasping at straws now that a viable option has emerged.

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This is getting alot of blow back on the UL Football Fan FB page.that's your guarantee that its basically a good idea.most there want CajunMan back.
    Goodness, someone really likes the love child of Rosanne Barr and Herman Munster? Nipple head was a step up from that blockhead, no personality, exciting as paint drying mascot.

Someone important must hold the TM on that.

4. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

We need to court the younger generations on this one. Too many times, when evolution was necessary, we leaned on the opinions of the deeply entrenched gate keepers or the out of touch malcontents.

Let's get this one right and ask the people that will be the torch bearers.

I love the Albino Alligator!! It actually goes with our color combo! I say put him in a white chefs hat

Name:  A8B0943A-5391-4F81-930F-49E126CFCB2B.png
Views: 338
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We need to court the younger generations on this one. Too many times, when evolution was necessary, we leaned on the opinions of the deeply entrenched gate keepers or the out of touch malcontents.

You are absolutely, positively correct. This decision won’t be for a year or five years. This decision will be the future. Your comment is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    C’mon Flamin’ pepper!
    Pardon me, but thats Flaming Dildeaux

8. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Believe me I am brutally aware of this. I’m working to spread Albineaux through as many young alums and current students as I can.

On Twitter, he has had hundreds of positive reactions. I’m seeing him spread like wild fire already on Instagram. Al could be the one of the coolest mascots in the state, if not the country. People my age, I’m 28, and below are seeing that too! I’m finding people who have never posted about UL ever, or they proudly wear purple and gold regularly, share Albineaux! I think a good portion of women don’t want to wear just letters or another FDL on their clothing. So UL’s branding hasn’t catered to them in a long time. That’s why I’ve had numerous girls message me saying they would wear an Albineaux sweater or shirt, TODAY! Y’all don’t know how happy it makes me to see people repping their school that don’t usually do.

That’s what a mascot is supposed to do right? Make people feel proud of where they come from. Inspire. Make them feel respected.

Speaking of respect, a Northwestern State fan account with like four thousand followers retweeted Al! That’s nuts! All of our past mascots just got us laughed at. Al might be the first one that could be shown to our rivals and be respected. Possibly admired. Possibly envious.

That’s what scary about all this guys is…we’re so close. I really really think this is it, and could be so special. I wish Dr. Maggard & Dr. Savoie could see the interactions or excitement I’m seeing for Al. Otherwise, all this could be for nothing. UL fans will continue to want to fill the void and our students will resume missing out on experiences kids across the basin have regularly. I’d be so sad.

Lastly, thank you for everyone’s compliments on here. I’ve seen RP be really divided about a lot of things but it really is comforting to see WAY more unity here then on the fans of Ragin Cajun Football Page.

9. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    You are absolutely, positively correct. This decision won’t be for a year or five years. This decision will be the future. Your comment is spot on.
    In my world of small victories, it does my Ragin Cajun heart proud to see Jay Walker has seen something I’ve passionately worked on. If all else fails, at least they can’t take that away from me haha

I be real with it !!! Someone needs to purchase a white alligator mascot uniform and wear it to any atheltic event and watch how much attention you will get!

Buy the head for 1,000 dollars and get a white top and bottom and put on a UL shirt.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1223469.BoCYaAQAvD_BwE

Believe me I am brutally aware of this. I’m working to spread Albineaux through as many young alums and current students as I can.

On Twitter, he has had hundreds of positive reactions. I’m seeing him spread like wild fire already on Instagram. Al could be the one of the coolest mascots in the state, if not the country. People my age, I’m 28, and below are seeing that too! I’m finding people who have never posted about UL ever, or they proudly wear purple and gold regularly, share Albineaux! I think a good portion of women don’t want to wear just letters or another FDL on their clothing. So UL’s branding hasn’t catered to them in a long time. That’s why I’ve had numerous girls message me saying they would wear an Albineaux sweater or shirt, TODAY! Y’all don’t know how happy it makes me to see people repping their school that don’t usually do.

That’s what a mascot is supposed to do right? Make people feel proud of where they come from. Inspire. Make them feel respected.

Speaking of respect, a Northwestern State fan account with like four thousand followers retweeted Al! That’s nuts! All of our past mascots just got us laughed at. Al might be the first one that could be shown to our rivals and be respected. Possibly admired. Possibly envious.

That’s what scary about all this guys is…we’re so close. I really really think this is it, and could be so special. I wish Dr. Maggard & Dr. Savoie could see the interactions or excitement I’m seeing for Al. Otherwise, all this could be for nothing. UL fans will continue to want to fill the void and our students will resume missing out on experiences kids across the basin have regularly. I’d be so sad.

Lastly, thank you for everyone’s compliments on here. I’ve seen RP be really divided about a lot of things but it really is comforting to see WAY more unity here then on the fans of Ragin Cajun Football Page.
    Wait.you use social media to solicite opinion?
    How does that work?

Signed,
    UL Athletic Digital "Marketing"Department

12. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Guys! The PRESIDENT of the entire University of Louisiana School System just like Albineaux on Twitter! This might be our biggest opportunity! Please please find the time to email or call UL’s Marketing Department. All we need to do is convince OUR president this is a good idea. The dream is dim but it has a pulse.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't sleep on Dalen Cambre liking it too. Dude made some nice catches for us last season.

I emailed wearred@louisiana.edu in support of Al.

14. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Leslie Saloom is the one you guys have to inundate. That will be the biggest mountain to climb.

But this is getting some nice traction. Still have to make the calls to the right people and keep the conversation going.

In my world of small victories, it does my Ragin Cajun heart proud to see Jay Walker has seen something I’ve passionately worked on. If all else fails, at least they can’t take that away from me haha
    All of the top dogs in the UL administration read and post on this site. They are aware of this thread.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information