Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is Albineaux the working name or is that set in stoneI'm not sure that a school with woke sensabilities and a majority of african american athletes will go along with a "white" gator.just saying. This thing will be filtered through many, many groups before it comes to life as anything posted. But its a start, and start that needed to happen.I'm all for having a gator of some sort as a mascot.
    If anyone else has this concern, I can help clear some of this up. I am the creator of Albineaux. I am also Black. I can reassure you, nobody will care that Al is the color white because he is not ethnically white. He is albino…and an alligator. Albinism exist in all kinds of people. Hopefully, Al can be an inspiration to those people who have this genetic attribute considering he’d be the only albino mascot in the world. There’s only one Ragin Cajuns. There’s only one albino mascot. There’s only one Albineaux. It think that’s a beautiful pairing.

I also think Al can be great for recruiting. Being pictured with graphics of an icy white alligator with glowing vermilion eyes is an objectively cool thing. Al has the potential to do so much for the UL brand.

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    If anyone else has this concern, I can help clear some of this up. I am the creator of Albineaux. I am also Black. I can reassure you, nobody will care that Al is the color white because he is not ethnically white. He is albino…and an alligator. Albinism exist in all kinds of people. Hopefully, Al can be an inspiration to those people who have this genetic attribute considering he’d be the only albino mascot in the world. There’s only one Ragin Cajuns. There’s only one albino mascot. There’s only one Albineaux. It think that’s a beautiful pairing.

I also think Al can be great for recruiting. Being pictured with graphics of an icy white alligator with glowing vermilion eyes is an objectively cool thing. Al has the potential to do so much for the UL brand.
    Really great work man. I love it, hopefully decision makers do too.

Would be great to have this become a reality and spearheaded by an alum. I remember early on in the process OP said he was working with Parish Ink (it was a design inspired by Parish Ink's gator). Are there any legal hurdles to clear with this? Is OP seeking any kind of financial compensation tied to this design? If not, would the University in a perfect world be able to trademark/license it?

I was just putting it out there as a potential hickup.

5. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

So, when we are cheering, which chant do we yell?

GO UL
    GO RAGIN CAJUNS
    GO LOUISIANA
    GO GATORS (Gator chomp would be cool)

Or all of the above?

I can see analyst getting confused here.

Awesome work Cory! Hopefully this gains some momentum!

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    So, when we are cheering, which chant do we yell?

GO UL
    GO RAGIN CAJUNS
    GO LOUISIANA
    GO GATORS (Gator chomp would be cool)

Or all of the above?

I can see analyst getting confused here.
    Megia guides handle that. No one says:

Ole Miss: "GO BEARS"
    Alabama: "GO ELEPHANTS"
    Tennessee: "GO DOGS"

8. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Megia guides handle that. No one says:

Ole Miss: "GO BEARS"
    Alabama: "GO ELEPHANTS"
    Tennessee: "GO DOGS"
    Good point.

9. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Would be great to have this become a reality and spearheaded by an alum. I remember early on in the process OP said he was working with Parish Ink (it was a design inspired by Parish Ink's gator). Are there any legal hurdles to clear with this? Is OP seeking any kind of financial compensation tied to this design? If not, would the University in a perfect world be able to trademark/license it?
    This was all ironed out early in the process. These are original renderings. Parish Ink had an inspirational design, but it was decided a long time ago that originals needed to made in order to make this a reality. Cory can correct me if I'm saying that wrong.

This is getting alot of blow back on the UL Football Fan FB page.that's your guarantee that its basically a good idea.most there want CajunMan back.

11. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

This is getting alot of blow back on the UL Football Fan FB page.that's your guarantee that its basically a good idea.most there want CajunMan back.
    Shocker. The oldest factions of our fanbase that fight any amount of change. What are they saying?

12. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Good idea to get something back in the works. But is the alligator the way to go?

13. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Do they want to put a leash on him?

I do wish this would be billed as a Spirit Leader, instead of mascot, but hey.

A mascot should be something you can own and take care of, it should not be "YOU" yourself.

jmo

14. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

You would be correct in, it would be great to have a mascot created by an alum and not some marketing firm.

In regards to my compensation for Al, i can say this. This is a passion project through and through. I love the university. I love our fanbase. I love being a Ragin Cajun! Love it! If UL ever sanctions Al, I would hope they would show some financial love back, but that’s only so can pay Burt more money for the amazing work he did with this image. I will never be a hurdle when it comes to Albineaux.

With the Parish Ink thing, this isn’t their image. Al is definitely inspired by them! But even their image, is just a combination of other sailor mascot images they were inspired by. I reached out to them, but they never got back to me. That worked out for the better because Burt does so much amazing work businesses around Acadiana—cite Adopted Dog’s beer labels.

If they take issue with it, then me and Bram at Parish Ink can try and work something out.

You would be correct in, it would be great to have a mascot created by an alum and not some marketing firm.

In regards to my compensation for Al, i can say this. This is a passion project through and through. I love the university. I love our fanbase. I love being a Ragin Cajun! Love it! If UL ever sanctions Al, I would hope they would show some financial love back, but that’s only so can pay Burt more money for the amazing work he did with this image. I will never be a hurdle when it comes to Albineaux.

With the Parish Ink thing, this isn’t their image. Al is definitely inspired by them! But even their image, is just a combination of other sailor mascot images they were inspired by. I reached out to them, but they never got back to me. That worked out for the better because Burt does so much amazing work businesses around Acadiana—cite Adopted Dog’s beer labels.

If they take issue with it, then me and Bram at Parish Ink can try and work something out.
    Awesome, thanks for the insight. I'm not against you receiving compensation btw, only concerned about that being used as a hurdle by our administration. I hope Martin Hall gives it consideration.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information