Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

This would be easy to have a company replicate.must be 6'6 and weigh 270.or at least have the costume make it look so.accordian is an empty shell or molded composite. Shorts optional, the hat stays

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: [POLL] Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This would be easy to have a company replicate.must be 6'6 and weigh 270.or at least have the costume make it look so.accordian is an empty shell or molded composite. Shorts optional, the hat stays
    Yeah, but if he runs a sub 4.6 40, he needs to meet Des.

3. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Its confusing to say the least. Why not have a mascot such as what the Cane Cutters have but in Cajun garb to emphasize the uniqueness of the Cajun Culture. Cajuns are a group of people within a specific culture. An alligator hardly makes than connection.
    The connection is inseparable.

The two dominate beings that create a residual memory coming out of the largest wetland and Swamp in the United States are the Cajuns and the Alligators.

Cajuns and the Alligators have coexisted in Louisiana for a quarter of a millennium.

Located right in the University of Louisiana's back yard is the Atchafalaya Basin, or Atchafalaya Swamp, the Alligators emphasize the survival uniqueness of Cajun Culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good question. Asked and answered, but to reiterate, NO.

A person is not renamed because of the pet he owns.

Ragin Cajuns are people within a certain environment, and while the environment affects the ambiance, it does not change who they are.

As history has already shown, the sideline spirit booster does not change the Ragin Cajuns. At no point did anyone call them the Ragin' Cajun Chickens.
    Alabama is a perfect example of this. Crimson Tide and an Elephant. No one calls them the Crimson Tide Elephants, nor should they. Roll Tide! The Elephant is a sideline mascot named Big Al.

Why does Alabama use an elephant as a mascot?

The school's "Spirit Planning Committee" started hiring elephants — often from traveling circuses passing through or by Tuscaloosa — for every homecoming. And in the early 1960s, Alabama student Melford Espey went the extra mile and dressed up as the animal to cheer on his beloved team.

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and Gator. Geaux Cajuns. We have our own story to tell about The Swamp and the Gator that perfectly fits with UL tradition.

This is the only picture I have of the Gator mascot that someone created, which I think is perfect as a sideline character, much like Big Al at Alabama. And, we can call him Louis and if we want a male and female, call them Louis and Ana. Perfect for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

Would whoever created the Gator character please post better pictures of this one that I think he called Fideaux. IMO, this should be our starting point and we can modify as needed.

Does the creator of Al Bineaux hae a copyright on the concept?

If so, is he willing to donate the right(s) to the image(s) to the University?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

That is an outstanding question

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Now since you are so prolific there (and fair minded) take all the posts that are Pro Bineaux on RaginPagin and go post them on Facebook.
    What in tarnation? No, really. You think I’M prolific? On FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Has there ever been any indication that the powers that be at the university even acknowledge Al as a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Has there ever been any indication that the powers that be at the university even acknowledge Al as a possibility?
    We are all waiting on pins and needles from here from MAT, the Grand Poobah.

I love the alligator, but I just can't get with the name Albineaux. It just doesn't fit anything with cajun. I don't get it. It makes way more sense to call him Louie. And leaves an option for a female gator named Anna. Sorry, but Albineaux is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    We are all waiting on pins and needles from here from MAT, the Grand Poobah.
    Your mom is waiting on him too.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I love the alligator, but I just can't get with the name Albineaux. It just doesn't fit anything with cajun. I don't get it. It makes way more sense to call him Louie. And leaves an option for a female gator named Anna. Sorry, but Albineaux is just weird.
    I'd do Ana with just 1 N, but I totally agree!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #Beatlsua&mc@br

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Your mom is waiting on him too.
    He will be waiting a long time. She isn’t living.

14. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I'd do Ana with just 1 N, but I totally agree!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #Beatlsua&mc@br
    Two

Louis & Ana

I don't know where the missing letter went

15. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Here’s a small update:

I just finished having a really great and pleasant interview with one of the reporters at The Vermilion. They want to run an extended article on Albineaux and publish it in the last paper of the semester. The Vermilion has won several national & regional awards over the years for their journalism; and I can see why. Their questions were great, but their research was top notch! We’re lucky to have “The Verm.”

I left that interview feeling giddy because I could tell how much positive buzz Al is getting with the student body. Anytime I talk about Al with someone that’s 30 and below, I can hear the excitement! I designed Al to engage and invigorate young Ragin’ Cajuns fans and students, and I’m seeing exactly that.

I tried to pay the old guard homage as much as I could in Al’s design. However, I can only move them so far, if at all. That’s why it’s a jolt of joy to see Al hitting his target audience so well. The positivity he could bring to the Louisiana brand is something I’ll continue to dream about until it becomes a reality.

The next step in the campaign is present to the public suggested skit and t-shirt design ideas for Al. I want the fanbase to start seeing what I see. He’s not just an image, he’s a fully developed concept with long term returns envisioned in the design. I’m excited to keep you all updated!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information