Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    On the recruiting part. And I could be totally wrong on this. Aren't Albinos found more predominately in the black community that they are in white?
    Genetics gives me a headache, and I already have one.

Just an incredibly quick googling, and from what I saw, there is no racial predilection toward albinism.

How about a crawfish? They are red.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    He has to have sunglasses. Especially if he's Albino

Ever saw Omega Man,??
    Was channel surfing a couple weeks ago and it was on.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Let me help. We have two school colors. One is vermillion. The other is white. Get it? Make sense?
    Makes no sense at all. 999.999% of alligators in this world aren’t white. 90% of the schools in this country’s mascots, that are animals, aren’t the same color as their uniforms but are more of the color of the animal with a jersey on.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01.g?v=1599572436

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b9/52/1f/b.lldog-game.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos.7938?s=594x594

4. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Makes no sense at all. 999.999% of alligators in this world aren’t white. 90% of the schools in this country’s mascots, that are animals, aren’t the same color as their uniforms .
    That is an option but remember, most mascots don't exist in the real world.

They are, get this, "caricatures" of something real or ficticious.

They can be any color matching or otherwise.

It is brand smart to coordinate and as mentioned earlier (not your most recent post) those other schools missed an opportunity to be on brand.

Lower right corner

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is an option but remember, most mascots don't exist in the real world.

They are, get this, "caricatures" of something real or ficticious.

They can be any color matching or otherwise.

It is brand smart to coordinate and as mentioned earlier (not your most recent post) those other schools missed an opportunity to be on brand.
    How do you miss the opportunity to be on brand by putting the creature in a more realistic color then dressing it in your schools uni and colors? Don’t see what opportunity they are missing their. To be honest I would be more on board with a Vermillion, Rouge, or Red Gator at least that is the schools dominant color. Much like Ga St’s blue panther. Every school in America has a white version of their uniform. Rougeaux the Red Gator

7. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

How do you miss the opportunity to be on brand by putting the creature in a more realistic color then dressing it in your schools uni and colors? Don’t see what opportunity they are missing their. To be honest I would be more on board with a Vermillion, Rouge, or Red Gator at least that is the schools dominant color. Much like Ga St’s blue panther. Every school in America has a white version of their uniform. Rougeaux the Red Gator
    Because it muddies up the overall brand.

I put in parentheses (not your most recent post)

Is green a florida school color? No. Are tigers purple and gold? No. Is Alabama's elephant crimson? No. Is Tennessee's Blue Tick orange? no. Is Tx A&M collie burgundy? no. In all those cases you can put the jersey on the mascot that is school colors.
    Just putting a jersey over a caricature to fix a mistake does not solidify the brand as much as making the caricature brand centric from the start.

My 2 cents. I am by no means a PC guy. I have never bought into the PC movement in this country. I think ULM, Ark st, the Washington football team, and the baseball team in Cleveland should have their original mascots. This Albino alligator is soooooo un-PC it’s great. About 1 in every 20k people are born with some form of being albino. Today there are only 400k in the entire world. I would imagine being born “different” with such a deficiency, and low numbers of the population, is a very hard way to go through life. IMO an albino mascot is much more less Politically Correct than our 2 conference mates that were Indians. Can you imagine when the PC police get a hold to Al the Albino? I hope they don’t give in to the PC BS if adopted.

Because it muddies up the overall brand.

I put in parentheses (not your most recent post)

Just putting a jersey over a caricature to fix a mistake does not solidify the brand as much as making the caricature brand centric from the start.
    Let me make sure I understand you. Are you suggesting for instance the Tennessee Blue Tic Hound would be a better representation if the actual fir on the costume was that Tn Orange color? And not the color of a blue tic? A big orange Blue Tic? Don’t see it. I will have to disagree.

10. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Let me make sure I understand you. Are you suggesting for instance the Tennessee Blue Tic Hound would be a better representation if the actual fir on the costume was that Tn Orange color? And not the color of a blue tic? A big orange Blue Tic? Don’t see it. I will have to disagree.
    Huh?

I don't suggest changing a thing with the official mascot of Louisiana's Alligator Habitat on the main campus. That is a tangent on your part.

What I am suggesting is a caricature is better branding if it is on point with school colors 100%

11. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    My 2 cents. I am by no means a PC guy. I have never bought into the PC movement in this country. I think ULM, Ark st, the Washington football team, and the baseball team in Cleveland should have their original mascots. This Albino alligator is soooooo un-PC it’s great. About 1 in every 20k people are born with some form of being albino. Today there are only 400k in the entire world. I would imagine being born “different” with such a deficiency, and low numbers of the population, is a very hard way to go through life. IMO an albino mascot is much more less Politically Correct than our 2 conference mates that were Indians. Can you imagine when the PC police get a hold to Al the Albino? I hope they don’t give in to the PC BS if adopted.
    Considering the creator, I think it's a pretty cool story. Multi-faceted.

Huh?

I don't suggest changing a thing with the official mascot of Louisiana's Alligator Habitat on the main campus. That is a tangent on your part.

What I am suggesting is a caricature is better branding if it is on point with school colors 100%
    I don't under stand and I am not talking about the dog itself. But person in the costume should that costume be of an Orange dog?

Take florida for instance. Their 2 gators male and female have a costume that is perceived to be the color of a gator. And then dressed in school colors. Are you suggesting they should have an orange and a blue gator?

That is what this conversation started as a disagreement in the color the gator should be.

13. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

I don't under stand and I am not talking about the dog itself. But person in the costume should that costume be of an Orange dog?

Take florida for instance. Their 2 gators male and female have a costume that is perceived to be the color of a gator. And then dressed in school colors. Are you suggesting they should have an orange and a blue gator?

That is what this conversation started as a disagreement in the color the gator should be.
    A pair of Vermilion and White mascots would be perfect with complimentary changeable outfits for different skits.

I hope Cory and Burt don't mind, but I did a crude attempt at a green/red Al just for the purpose of continued discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I hope Cory and Burt don't mind, but I did a crude attempt at a green/red Al just for the purpose of continued discussion.

That’s pretty cool. I like the white and red gator. It’s a characture of a gator so I don’t think green is necessary and it clashes with the school colors. While the originator chose Al for the albino gator, Al can still be used with the red gator. We play in the swamp, we have a swamp on campus, the gator is fierce and feared, I think a gator is a great mascot for UL. Personally I like the white gator with red eyes.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information