Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

He needs Sunglasses.

On second thought give me the Pepper with sunglasses.

2. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Yeah cause going off of klfy comments is the smart thing to do. Between klfy and the comment section of katc facebook, it’s a wonder to me how most of these people operate in their day to day lives.
    And Ragin Pagin has the best comments? Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    And Ragin Pagin has the best comments? Not!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Great article and video done by KLFY. I really appreciate those guys! Check it out if you haven’t already. It’s awesome to see how far Al was able to make it only a few short days.

https://www.klfy.com/local/lafayette.edium=referral

5. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

He is pushing way too hard and loves the limelight already… (KLFY, blah blah blah)… the albino idea is still terrible.
    Here is the bottom line, you can't push too hard.

6. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Not getting too many accolades from the KLFY post on Facebook. Looks like a dumpster fire.
    Which one are you?

7. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I like the concept drawing of Al. I think you have to drop the Boudreaux and come up with a shorter catchier name though…Al Bineaux or Just Al
    I have no problem with the name and my grandmother was a Boudreaux.

But I also agree with you, the shorter the simpler the better.

Maybe UltraCajun is on to something and we can get Bineaux Sunglasses to sponsor him.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    The red gator Turbine has talked about for years would be great.
    Just my opinion, but an albino gator makes little sense and has no connection to the gators in The Swamp on campus and we have football stadium called The Swamp. The Gator fits both. We have a built-in tradition, why try some other mascot that has no university ties, be it a Catahoula or an AI? If a gator is colored, it should be Vermilion red or not colored and stays green.

9. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Which one are you?
    I’m not commenting on FB, only here where it’s cool.

I’m not commenting on FB, only here where it’s cool.
    Good thing cause if you were posting all that stuff like Greg Leblanc is…

Facebook is a hellscape.

12. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Good thing cause if you were posting all that stuff like Greg Leblanc is…
    Greg LeBlanc is a one man band.

Regardless of your opinion on this specific design, I think people should take a step back and appreciate the fact that a recent graduate was passionate enough about this subject to sink countless hours in to this work and starting the discussion. Look at the student section next time you are at a Cajun sporting event. We are generating students few and far between who will give more than a passing thought to this university after graduating. We can't even get them interested while they are here. Our students, and even some of our student athletes, would rather spend their time and money in BR than in Lafayette. Knock the design if you want, but the, "this sucks. F you for trying" mentality is wild.

14. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Agree ZeppelinCajun, I applaud Cory's efforts.

15. Default Re: Grassroots Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Regardless of your opinion on this specific design, I think people should take a step back and appreciate the fact that a recent graduate was passionate enough about this subject to sink countless hours in to this work and starting the discussion. Look at the student section next time you are at a Cajun sporting event. We are generating students few and far between who will give more than a passing thought to this university after graduating. We can't even get them interested while they are here. Our students, and even some of our student athletes, would rather spend their time and money in BR than in Lafayette. Knock the design if you want, but the, "this sucks. F you for trying" mentality is wild.
    You know I really appreciate that. Yours too Turbine. After an entire day of seeing people say really bad things about my work, question my character, and then watch someone weaponize my light hearted joke at how divisive Al has become against me, I can definitely say it’s been a long day. It’s a day I ask myself, “Do I really love UL this much?” “Should anybody love UL this much if this is how fans treat passion for the university?” “Is it really worth taking the bullets that Dr. Maggard, Dr. Savoie, and the rest of the marketing department have been avoiding for years?” After this experience, I honestly don’t blame them.

There’s a lot of room for doubt, but seeing comments like yours is a jolt of joy in my pursuit to make the UL experience better.

I see the lack of engagement with the young people too. I saw the empty student sections before I left town. The fanbase is dwindling at roots, and I’m one of the few young alumni that’s actually trying to stop it. That’s why it’s encouraging to see how well like he is with people in my age group and below. Cajuns Barstool has fully embraced him. That’s great far as student engagement. Al even got a compliment from Pete’s. Al might not be able to win today because there’s too much of the past still around, but give him some time. I’m still confident after the things I’ve seen today.

Oh, and I still love UL too.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information