One out to go

3. Default Re: SB G3 Louisiana vs USA

One run in the 2nd
    One run in the 3rd

Diference in the ball game.

4. Default Re: SB G3 Louisiana vs USA

Louisiana Wins 2-0

Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, USA 0

This is great momentum going into a big week. The next 5 games are so important to possibly hosting a regional!

23 in a row against South Al. And will someone please tell Dan McDonald how to pronounce our players’ names?

Great sweep this weekend. Karly hit an absolute moon shot today. Jaw dropper. Also Davis now has 6 outfield assist on the season. Elite, accurate arm.

I just don't know why Mattie is playing SS she is one of the best outfielders we have. It makes me nervous every time a ball is hit to her. I'm not knocking her but we have better SS in my opinion. As good as she is I don't think SS/3rd base is a good fit for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I just don't know why Mattie is playing SS she is one of the best outfielders we have. It makes me nervous every time a ball is hit to her. I'm not knocking her but we have better SS in my opinion. As good as she is I don't think SS/3rd base is a good fit for her.
    Who else do you suggest they play at SS? In my opinion Maddie is the third best outfielder that we have.

Our SS has to play 2nd. Maddie is our best option after that. The other 2 or true freshman that are shaky at best.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Our SS has to play 2nd. Maddie is our best option after that. The other 2 or true freshman that are shaky at best.
    That would be correct. I am curious as to who Soldier would suggest.

12. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, USA 0

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    23 in a row against South Al. And will someone please tell Dan McDonald how to pronounce our players’ names?
    And how to pronounce Louisiana! I grit my teeth when he murders our state.

13. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, USA 0

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    And how to pronounce Louisiana! I grit my teeth when he murders our state.
    Agree with this! I cringe everytime he says "Loseiana." And i wish someone would have him take the microphone out of his mouth. Hearing his spit everytime he opens his mouth to ramble on gets tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Who else do you suggest they play at SS? In my opinion Mattie is the third best outfielder that we have.
    Third best is still good enough to start in the outfield. I would play Langeliers, Griffren or Vasquez other than Langeliers she is more consistent with her bat than Griffen and Vasquez. My opinion or just my view her bat doesn't make up for her fielding at SS or third base. I do think Heath, Davis, Mattie/Falterman should be our everyday outfield. If you have to play her in the infield play her at second although Langelier has made some incredible plays and makes it hard to move her. JMO this team is too good not to have an everyday SS. But this is all opinionated answers to the question. My question to you is 1. do you feel she is our best option at ss if not whom do you think and 2. do you feel her bat is the best at our options at ss so she should play there. I ask because you do know more about this team than I do I just see what we put on the field (not being sarcastic really just want your opinion )

Third best is still good enough to start in the outfield. I would play Langeliers, Griffren or Vasquez other than Langeliers she is more consistent with her bat than Griffen and Vasquez. My opinion or just my view her bat doesn't make up for her fielding at SS or third base. I do think Heath, Davis, Mattie/Falterman should be our everyday outfield. If you have to play her in the infield play her at second although Langelier has made some incredible plays and makes it hard to move her. JMO this team is too good not to have an everyday SS. But this is all opinionated answers to the question. My question to you is 1. do you feel she is our best option at ss if not whom do you think and 2. do you feel her bat is the best at our options at ss so she should play there. I ask because you do know more about this team than I do I just see what we put on the field (not being sarcastic really just want your opinion )
    Yes, Maddie is the best option at short stop. So, she made an error at short in the App game. Errors happen. At the plate, now that she is in the seventh hole and not the second, her batting average will increase. If you think Alexa should be at ss instead of at second, maybe you didn't see a couple of incredible plays she made at second today.

Finally, you say her bat doesn't make up for her defense. She's hitting .287. Griffen is at .255. Vasquez is at .163. Last year, Maddie hit .369. The only reason she is down this year is because she was hitting second behind Mihyia most of the year. Her job was to advance Mihyia which didn't always mean getting a hit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information