Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, USA 0

Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, USA 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Third best is still good enough to start in the outfield. I would play Langeliers, Griffren or Vasquez other than Langeliers she is more consistent with her bat than Griffen and Vasquez. My opinion or just my view her bat doesn't make up for her fielding at SS or third base. I do think Heath, Davis, Mattie/Falterman should be our everyday outfield. If you have to play her in the infield play her at second although Langelier has made some incredible plays and makes it hard to move her. JMO this team is too good not to have an everyday SS. But this is all opinionated answers to the question. My question to you is 1. do you feel she is our best option at ss if not whom do you think and 2. do you feel her bat is the best at our options at ss so she should play there. I ask because you do know more about this team than I do I just see what we put on the field (not being sarcastic really just want your opinion )
    1. As of now Maddie is our best option at SS. No way do they move Alexa now. She has played at a gold glove defensive level.

2. Yes Maddie would be the best option. She has more hits, runs, steals, better batting average, better on base percentage and less errors than Alexa, Kylei, or Cissy.

You would play Cissy? She has the lowest batting average and lowest fielding percentage on the team. You did get the outfield regulars correct.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yes, Maddie is the best option at short stop. So, she made an error at short in the App game. Errors happen. At the plate, now that she is in the seventh hole and not the second, her batting average will increase. If you think Alexa should be at ss instead of at second, maybe you didn't see a couple of incredible plays she made at second today.
    Griffen has only made two errors Maddie has made two errors all I'm saying is she scares me every time the ball is hit to her. I'm not knocking her I would never knock our players. I did state that it would be very hard for me to move Langelier but if she's the best SS on the roster than I would play her there she is by far the most experience SS we have on the collegian level. My concern and maybe no one else cares is that we are too good and too late in the season not to have an everyday SS which is one of the most important positions on the field. JMO

Right now, the best team we can field is the lineup you saw today, with the exception of maybe Piskos at catcher, but I really do like Valdez behind the plate.

Piskos and Campbell are such important leaders on the team, that it is difficult not to have them in the lineup, but position-wise it is hard to fit them in right now, because Credeur is absolutely raking and really can only go at the DP position.

Griffen has only made two errors Maddie has made two errors all I'm saying is she scares me every time the ball is hit to her. I'm not knocking her I would never knock our players. I did state that it would be very hard for me to move Langelier but if she's the best SS on the roster than I would play her there she is by far the most experience SS we have on the collegian level. My concern and maybe no one else cares is that we are too good and too late in the season not to have an everyday SS which is one of the most important positions on the field. JMO
    Maddie played SS in high school, we will be ok. Maddie has also made some real hard plays look easy at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Right now, the best team we can field is the lineup you saw today, with the exception of maybe Piskos at catcher, but I really do like Valdez behind the plate.

Piskos and Campbell are such important leaders on the team, that it is difficult not to have them in the lineup, but position-wise it is hard to fit them in right now, because Credeur is absolutely raking and really can only go at the DP position.
    Valdez is better behind the plate, Sophie is better with the bat. Depends on what kind of lineup Glasco wants to play. Laney can play DP, 1B, 3B, C, LF, RF, she is far from limited in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    1. As of now Maddie is our best option at SS. No way do they move Alexa now. She has played at a gold glove defensive level.

2. Yes Maddie would be the most option. She has more hits, runs, steals, better batting average, better on base percentage and less errors than Alexa, Kylei, or Cissy.

You would play Cissy? She has the lowest batting average and lowest fielding percentage on the team. You did get the outfield regulars correct.
    Ok brother I'll roll with your opinion not that I can change anything but it make me feel better if you think so. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Valdez is better behind the plate, Sophie is better with the bat. Depends on what kind of lineup Glasco wants to play. Laney can play DP, 1B, 3B, C, LF, RF, she is far from limited in the field.
    Any reason we haven't played her at third base or maybe I just missed her playing there. That's another important position we haven't be solid at just know winning solves everything hope we have a great 5-0 week it can go a long way when selections come out.

Any reason we haven't played her at third base or maybe I just missed her playing there. That's another important position we haven't be solid at just know winning solves everything hope we have a great 5-0 week it can go a long way when selections come out.
    Maddie and Lanie have both played some 3rd. I think the lineup you saw today to start the game is about the lineup you should see most of the time if everyone stays healthy.

Is it MYadavis or MEEyadavis? The Announcer does not seem to know.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Is it MYadavis or MEEyadavis? The Announcer does not seem to know.
    Stadium announcer or espn announcer?

Dan on espn+. He also called Vic “Valdeez”

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Dan on espn+. He also called Vic “Valdeez”
    He butchers every name.

Here's something that has happened:

There is no debate Olivia Lackie of South Alabama is one of the premier pitchers in the league. She's always all-conference and has been Pitcher of the Week four times this year.

Against the Cajuns in her career: 0-7, 4.59 ERA

We are pretty much the only team in the league that has ever figured her out.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

There is no debate Olivia Lackie of South Alabama is one of the premier pitchers in the league. She's always all-conference and has been Pitcher of the Week four times this year.

Very interesting and thanks for looking this up. She did look better yesterday.

I'm sure they were expecting to at least get a game from us over the weekend. Ms. Credeur was on fire! We had 26 hits to their 13 for the series. Our pitching held up well.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

You mentioned this on your interview with Coach Lacy, so I was paying extra attention. The coaches definitely have communicated the right approach to the hitters and they execute when Lackie is in the circle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information