Thread: Men’s Basketball Team Announces Team Awards at End of the Year Banquet

Default MBB Awards Banqet

All tables were full in the banquet room of the City Club last night for the subject function. Evening included a nice buffet meal, recognition of people in athletics who supported the program as well as player/coaches, and a recap of the season. Award winners were as follows;

Academic award-Kentrell Garnett
    DPOY-Joe Charles
    Leadership-Greg Williams Jr.
    OPOY-Jordan Brown
    Rebounder of the Year-Jordan Brown
    MVP- Jordan Brown

Following a nice season highlight video, evening concluded with crowd giving a standing ovation to the coaches and players. Speaking of the video, I hope the program puts it out on their social media avenues. All Cajun fans would enjoy seeing it.

Default Re: MBB Awards Banqet

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    All tables were full in the banquet room of the City Club last night for the subject function. Evening included a nice buffet meal, recognition of people in athletics who supported the program as well as player/coaches, and a recap of the season. Award winners were as follows;

Academic award-Kentrell Garnett
    DPOY-Joe Charles
    Leadership-Greg Williams Jr.
    OPOY-Jordan Brown
    Rebounder of the Year-Jordan Brown
    MVP- Jordan Brown

Following a nice season highlight video, evening concluded with crowd giving a standing ovation to the coaches and players. Speaking of the video, I hope the program puts it out on their social media avenues. All Cajun fans would enjoy seeing it.

One thing I was not able to convey in my previous post was how obvious it was to attendees how connected the people in the program are to each other and how everyone being on the same page led to a succcessful season.

Thanks Mike.

Thanks Mike, sorry I missed it.

It was really fun to see how much our players enjoy each other. Glad I was able to thank our seniors for their leadership and esp Lewis for electing to come to UL. He was a difference maker. I had no idea that he would contribute the way he did. We need to find another guy like him

6. UL Basketball Men’s Basketball Team Announces Team Awards at End of the Year Banquet

LOUISIANA – Coming off a Sun Belt Conference title and the second most wins in program history, the Louisiana men's basketball team announced their end of the season awards at their end of the year team banquet.

Lou Henson Player of the Year Jordan Brown was named Team MVP, Offensive Player of the Year and Rebounder of the Year. Brown led the team in scoring and rebounding among other national and conference accolades. Carencro product Joe Charles, who tied for the team lead in steals, was named the team's Defensive Player of the Year.

Greg Williams, Jr. earned the Beryl Shipley Leadership Award while Kentrell Garnett was honored as the team's Academic Player of the Year. The team also honored donor Karen Bernard as an honorary captain.

Lastly, the team gave out the senior letterman award to members of the team and student managers. The following were recipients of this year's award: Jordan Brown, Jalen Dalcourt, Brennan Dumas, Bryce Girard, Terance Lewis II, Josh Moreau and Greg Williams, Jr.

Default Re: Men’s Basketball Team Announces Team Awards at End of the Year Banquet

I am sorry we were not able to attend either. This was a very fun team to watch this year and I am hopeful that we can keep up the good work next season.

Default Re: Men’s Basketball Team Announces Team Awards at End of the Year Banquet

Rebounder of the year to JB? Sorry but that was Lewis' award. Guy was a glue guy all year and his rebounding on both sides of the court was a big reason.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Rebounder of the year to JB? Sorry but that was Lewis' award. Guy was a glue guy all year and his rebounding on both sides of the court was a big reason.
    I understand wanting to recognize Lewis for the rebound award. However, Jordan had the most rebounds per game. Now rebounds per minutes played may have favored Lewis.

Lewis was likely the most important pickup for us. Themus was just as crucial though. I gave them the Thank you Lordy award.

Thread Information