Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MLB OPENING DAY

Default Re: MLB OPENING DAY

As a 2nd generation Indians/Guardians fan I don’t want to hear anybody else talk about being due.

Grew up in Arkansas as a Cardinal fan. Listened to Jack Buck on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    Diehard Astros fan here too first favorite player Jose Cruz . Hoping the Astros can repeat hoping Brantley can return to form deep pitching staff good lineup as long the yankees keep losing I am happy. Who is your favorite all time astro mine is Jeff Bagwell it's a dam shame bagwell and biggio never got a ring back then
    Diehard Astro's fan, my first favorite players were Ceasar Cedeno and JR Richard. The Astros need a few young players to step up like RHP Brown and Yainer Diaz to get back to the ALC.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Reds, cheers, and here is to a great baseball season! I hope your team wins, unless you are a Cubs, Astros, Braves, or Red Sox fan! I will have one cold for you.
    Yankees and Dodgers, today, tomorrow and everyday afterwards!

When does football start?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    When does football start?
    Football is in mid season. Go Roughnecks!

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Hogan Harris is on the Oakland A's 40 man, but not opening day active roster. No others that I know of.
    I think he meant MLB rosters not glorified AAA teams. This coming from a very long-time A’s fan! They need to move out of Oakland already; Nashville, Austin or Las Vegas will do!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Rusty Staub, Cesar Cedeneo, Jimmy Wynn is where I started. Still regret J.R. Richard as I think he would have been a HOFer.
    Thanks, I couldn't remember JR's name! He was indeed headed toward HOF. Rusty and Cesar were terrific also.

9. Default Re: MLB OPENING DAY

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Rusty Staub, Cesar Cedeneo, Jimmy Wynn is where I started. Still regret J.R. Richard as I think he would have been a HOFer.
    Le Grande Orange (Rusty Staub)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Diehard Astro's fan, my first favorite players were Ceasar Cedeno and JR Richard. The Astros need a few young players to step up like RHP Brown and Yainer Diaz to get back to the ALC.
    Jose Cruz was my favorite player in my late teens and early 20's. I still remember him hanging his head in the dugout after the crushing loss to the Phillies after Game 5 of the NLCS. In my earlier years, I would go with Doug Radar who was a third baseman and known as the Red Rooster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Grew up in Arkansas as a Cardinal fan. Listened to Jack Buck on the radio.
    Cardinal fan since ‘67. Listened many summer nights to Jack Buck calling the game on KMOX.
    Dad was a Braves fan. (Courtesy of TBS!)
    Sister - Yankees fan.
    Brother - Astros fan.
    Brother - Rays fan.
    Brother- Astros fan.
    Nephew- Cubs fan.
    Go Cardinals!
    (Probably won’t fly as high as they did last season.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Jose Cruz was my favorite player in my late teens and early 20's. I still remember him hanging his head in the dugout after the crushing loss to the Phillies after Game 5 of the NLCS. In my earlier years, I would go with Doug Radar who was a third baseman and known as the Red Rooster.
    Jose Cruz was a Cardinal before he was an Astro!

We can all agree to fire Manfred. The new rules trying to cater to people who don’t attend games is ridiculous.

Want to grow the game?
    -End blackout restrictions & actually broadcast the games where fans can watch.
    -Make admission dirt cheap for kids.
    -Provide some type of financial assistance to youth leagues to get more low income families involved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information