Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Default Re: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Going to move this here because this is where the discussion belongs and not derail well deserved accolades for JB.

People like you are why more "Marlin haters" exist. Yes, he got JB to come to Louisiana. Not like he didn't have any ties here. We play in a one bid league, we've had NBA talent, other professional talent. Still can't capitalize on a Tennessee team that tried to give us the game. You could argue that JB stepping on the court with zero coaching made us a sunbelt contender. Most of us that you call "haters" really just want to see the program succeed and we don't think he's the answer. Not because we have it out for BM. We've seen this song and dance before. No need to keep you calendar clear in March until 2028.
    Some know, some don't, some hate....I've played, seen, and witnessed enough basketball in my 68 years to tell the difference. I'm not a Bob hater or a Bob backer...What I object to is the constant stream of _____ing about the program with the only solution offered is to hire another coach... The solution to moving this team forward is more than just hiring another coach, most of us know, it goes way deeper than that. If anything, the post was meant to be sarcastic...don't get your diapers in a wad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Theoretically there is only a 1 in 14 chance we win a championship. Therefore I understand wanting to make that bet.
    Over the last decade, the SBC regular season champion has not closed the deal in the conference tournament most years.

Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Depends.
    Always…

5. Default Re: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Theoretically there is only a 1 in 14 chance we win a championship. Therefore I understand wanting to make that bet.
    I get the numbers, but seriously there are schools in that number that are not very serious about being one of SBC tournament teams.

How many teams in the SBC make the conference tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Unfathomable.
    100% agree. The team made it as far as it did IN SPITE OF -- not BECAUSE OF Marlin.
    Well another "multiple" years of mediocrity.... Go USL!!

I wouldn't get too riled up about this until we see the terms. It probably would have been a bad look to once again have him on the final year of a contract. So the new contract probably has plenty of incentives and about a $5 buyout after next year. That would be the smart thing...

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I wouldn't get too riled up about this until we see the terms. It probably would have been a bad look to once again have him on the final year of a contract.
    Hopefully incentive heavy, lower base and transitional for successor on staff for his last year. Don’t need a total rebuild.

Interesting in the last 10 years, SBC tournament won by:
    Georgia State 4
    UL 2
    Troy 1
    App 1
    LR 1
    Covid 1

Also interesting, South Alabama, like the Cajuns have won it a total of 5 times. South last won it in 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Be...all_tournament

Congratulations to coach Marlin on earning an extension. Good job this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Hopefully incentive heavy, lower base and transitional for successor on staff for his last year. Don’t need a total rebuild.

Interesting in the last 10 years, SBC tournament won by:
    Georgia State 4
    UL 2
    Troy 1
    App 1
    LR 1
    Covid 1

Also interesting, South Alabama, like the Cajuns have won it a total of 5 times. South last won it in 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Be...all_tournament
    We’ve won it 7 times. Two were “vacated.”

But I was there and have a piece of the net from both to prove it happened.

11. Default Re: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We’ve won it 7 times. Two were “vacated.”

But I was there and have a piece of the net from both to prove it happened.
    Forget paper, can't erase what happened in real life.

Anyone know the details of the Big Fish’s contract. Money wise? Incentives?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Forget paper, can't erase what happened in real life.
    Ditto. Reality.

iI have always believed marlin can coach the game. Where he has lacked was in the recruiting department over the years. He could never get good players on a consistent level. Finally he has really stepped up his Louisiana recruiting. Not to mention that i believe he has his best set of assistant coaches. Their additions last year goes overlooked but was a key to this teams development and success. An extension was inevitable given his success this year and to do otherwise was not even an option. I am excited to see if he can parlay the success and continue to get some of the best talent in the State. The time is now.

Coach Marlin did his job this year. Because of that, he gets a contract extension. The big question now is what is our team going to look like moving forward. We have the pieces in place for success, and we now have the portal. So there should be no excuses of why we can't compete in the upper tier of this conference. If we go through another 2018-2022 stretch, then the criticism will be warranted.

Let's see what happens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information