Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Default Re: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m waiting to see the actual contract. Supposedly this past season was the last year of the old contract, no extension in play. Given the in depth reporting KATC exhibits from time to time, that’s why I’m hoping it’s at least a lesser base and heavier on performances.
    Yep, you have to consider the source of the report...they may think that by mentioning 2023 and 2024, it's 2 years...wouldn't put it past that bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What? That you make the NCAA tournament and don’t get fired? That is unfathomable to you?
    What's unfathomable is that these Einstein's in the athletic department feel that after 13 mediocre years that things will suddenly change based on this past season and they're willing to gamble on it with a "multi year" deal. This dude should not only be year to year but damn near day to day. It's a stale brand of basketball, it's run its course. Look no further than the attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Historically (and evidently going forward) it seems counter intuitive that after you get an automatic extension for winning a conference tournament it is followed a further extention.

It doesn’t seem logical that a reward should be the impetus for another reward.

With an automatic extention, every year should be it's own reward.
    Clear some space for me to send you a PM. Your box is full.

Default Re: Jordon Brown

You mean he did that even with Marlin as his head coach?

Signed,
    All the Marlin haters on RP
    RPCA

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Was expecting a one year extension under his previous contract. But multiple years?
    According to the news reports based off his contract he automatically got an extra year because he won the SBC tourney. The time to fire him was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What? That you make the NCAA tournament and don’t get fired? That is unfathomable to you?
    Total body of work.... If you excited about a rare NCAA tournament appearance, then our standards have fallen to frightening levels.

7. Default Re: Contract extension for Bob Marlin

I don't think for an instant that he should be fired.

I think he 100% earned his one year extention.

Earn another and break the 13 year trend.

Break the established trend then you can begin thinking long term.

jmo

Going to move this here because this is where the discussion belongs and not derail well deserved accolades for JB.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Signed,
    RPCA
    People like you are why more "Marlin haters" exist. Yes, he got JB to come to Louisiana. Not like he didn't have any ties here. We play in a one bid league, we've had NBA talent, other professional talent. Still can't capitalize on a Tennessee team that tried to give us the game. You could argue that JB stepping on the court with zero coaching made us a sunbelt contender. Most of us that you call "haters" really just want to see the program succeed and we don't think he's the answer. Not because we have it out for BM. We've seen this song and dance before. No need to keep you calendar clear in March until 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Total body of work.... If you excited about a rare NCAA tournament appearance, then our standards have fallen to frightening levels.
    Standards ? What's that ?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Standards ? What's that ?
    Different standards and expectations exist for each sport at UL. That is not how it should be, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Signed,
    RPCA
    You misspelled despite, my brother. LoL!

Great, more mediocracy, seems that is the goal here. USLing it yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You misspelled despite, my brother. LoL!
    Got it...nice...

Idea there was No automatic 1 year extension for a championship was false. I had come to believe that myself but have learned there truly was one. That being said I have no idea what is involved with the “multi year” extension supposedly agreed to. I know the coaches convention at Final Four begins tomorrow. In the event one of our current assistants moves on, having a new contract will make it easier to network with potential replacements. I have no idea if our guys are getting offers but with the good year we had, I would not ne surprised if other programs reach out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I’d put down money that we don’t go to the NCAA tournament or win conference next year.
    Theoretically there is only a 1 in 14 chance we win a championship. Therefore I understand wanting to make that bet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information