Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Through 25 Games

UL Baseball Baseball Through 25 Games

18 wins.

We are on pace for a 40 win Regular Season.

I know the conference has gotten much better since that time, but we don't play vs. ODU or GA Southern this season. Also, I'm hoping like last year, we get better as the season progresses through the 2nd half and our guys continue to play together.

I figure Freshman Robichaux would come back to earth a bit, that has to be expected. But Roccaforte looks to be getting some of his swing back. If that dude starts performing offensively down the stretch like he did during the same stretch last season, look out!

Default Re: Baseball Through 25 Games

I’m not too worried about the offense. The pitching (and pitching management) needs to be more consistent.

First goal 20 before 10. Need to sweep one we are not expected to since we blew a sweep opportunity this weekend.

If pitching gets going like it is capable, this team is going to be scary.

The schedule gets tougher with more road games and better competition than what we have seen in the first 25 games. If we can produce a similar 2nd half record, we will be dangerous come late May/early June.

LOL. Coastal ranked 19th in this week's D1 poll. Good for the conference and all but I really do not understand what they have done to be ranked at all, let alone 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    LOL. Coastal ranked 19th in this week's D1 poll. Good for the conference and all but I really do not understand what they have done to be ranked at all, let alone 19th.
    wins against the #2 and #15 teams in the country and haven't lost a series. Might have more to do with other teams losing than them winning. We are probably 2-3 wins away from being top 25 if one of those are against MooSt or Campbell.

8. Default Re: Baseball Through 25 Games

Saw good things from Ben Tate this weekend. That is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    I think they're good but its an overreaction to winning a home series against a team making one of the longer trips possible in the conference on a 5 game week. Winning on the road is hard and I didnt expect TXST to take the series. Now I will concede the way Coastal won was eye opening and they have a solid resume for sure. I just think the jump from NR to 19 was a bit steep

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    wins against the #2 and #15 teams in the country and haven't lost a series. Might have more to do with other teams losing than them winning. We are probably 2-3 wins away from being top 25 if one of those are against MooSt or Campbell.
    Losing to High Point community college and Mickyneese was a huge blow to our RPI and possibly S. ALA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I’m not too worried about the offense. The pitching (and pitching management) needs to be more consistent.
    Agree in general. On the whole, we're finding ways to score. Most runs we've had through 25 games in what I have tracked (back to 2008) which is wild considering 2014. Most stolen bases with 30 more(!!) than the next best season at this point. Most walks taken as well. The plate discipline is much more in line with what we want (1.47 strike outs for every walk - 2nd to 2014). And of course all this has to correspond to who you play, but its still impressive.

Pitching was on such a heater coming into the weekend driving all metrics down, then got rocked a bit. We've given up our most doubles and 2nd most HR to this point in my tracked span, 3rd most walks given away and most wild pitches. We are making up for a lot with some timely strikeouts and have given up the the 4th fewest hits in the span, so the WHIP isnt as awful as you may expect.

I do wonder how much home vs road factors into all this as well. Just 7 true road games (8 if you count State game in Biloxi) to this point is a factor in my opinion for some of the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Agree in general. On the whole, we're finding ways to score. Most runs we've had through 25 games in what I have tracked (back to 2008) which is wild considering 2014. Most stolen bases with 30 more(!!) than the next best season at this point. Most walks taken as well. The plate discipline is much more in line with what we want (1.47 strike outs for every walk - 2nd to 2014). And of course all this has to correspond to who you play, but its still impressive.

Pitching was on such a heater coming into the weekend driving all metrics down, then got rocked a bit. We've given up our most doubles and 2nd most HR to this point in my tracked span, 3rd most walks given away and most wild pitches. We are making up for a lot with some timely strikeouts and have given up the the 4th fewest hits in the span, so the WHIP isnt as awful as you may expect.

I do wonder how much home vs road factors into all this as well. Just 7 true road games (8 if you count State game in Biloxi) to this point is a factor in my opinion for some of the stats.
    Pitching with all of it's inconsistency was ranked #30 in ERA in NCAA Baseball going into the USA series.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Pitching with all of its inconsistency was ranked #30 in ERA in NCAA Baseball going into the USA series.
    I’m not much of a baseball guy, but does an offense going up by several runs affect pitching decisions which in turn can affect pitching stats?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I’m not much of a baseball guy, but does an offense going up by several runs affect pitching decisions which in turn can affect pitching stats?
    Yes, but our pitching mostly stunk this weekend regardless of score. So, no?

Old Dominion is leading many, many team stats and not by a little bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information