Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: FAU

Default Re: FAU

No power conference teams in NIT final.

North Texas v UAB/Utah valley winner.

2. Default Re: FAU

Did I hear the announcer say the UAB player was Andrew Toney’s son?

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Not watching but heard awhile back he had a son at UAB.

Was changing channel when announcers were praising Jeep Judy for CUSA basketball this year, never mentioning the teams leaving the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    https://uabsports.com/sports/mens-ba...ony-toney/9354

Did a little digging, Andrew has a son named Channing. He played at UAB and in Europe post college. Can’t find a link between Tony and Andrew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Toney

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No power conference teams in NIT final.

North Texas v UAB/Utah valley winner.
    CUSA strong in bball. UAB vs. NTex in NIT finals. Two good games to get in. FAU just looks good. It is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    CUSA strong in bball. UAB vs. NTex in NIT finals. Two good games to get in. FAU just looks good. It is possible.
    You can’t say that here. Jay and every Marlin sycophant will tell you it’s impossible.

Gonzaga was once a Cinderella, now they are a contender year in and out.

This “can’t do” attitude is bull____.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    And every single team worth a crap will be leaving for the AAC next year. Charlotte also won the CBI.

Their football champion (utsa) is leaving as well.

Did a little digging, Andrew has a son named Channing. He played at UAB and in Europe post college. Can’t find a link between Tony and Andrew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Toney
    That's what I was thinking, no relationship as soon as I saw Toney was from Huntsville...Canning played at Georgia I think...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You can’t say that here. Jay and every Marlin sycophant will tell you it’s impossible.

Gonzaga was once a Cinderella, now they are a contender year in and out.

This “can’t do” attitude is bull____.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And every single team worth a crap will be leaving for the AAC next year. Charlotte also won the CBI.

Their football champion (utsa) is leaving as well.
    Well, Liberty is going to become the bully C-DOA will regret inviting to the party.

Read an article you can get a MMB F4 ticket cheaper than a WBB F4 ticket. Disclaimer of course the men are in a stadium, women in an arena.

The South Carolina/Iowa matchup could be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Don't think so. All this NIL crap seems to be making men's basketball police itself. A non G-5 school may not be able to subsidize it's football program. But men's & women's basketball can be easily subsidized by a top fan base & a few generous donors that like winning in the sport. It appears that a few basketball programs have already figured out the formula.
    You may have a point there Kyle. Problem is to find the generous donors. Don't get me wrong, we do have people supporting us. The top ones are generally in the 10 grand range. Houston meanwhile has a guy who basically built them a new arena out of his own pocket. He owns the Rockets so he can afford it. We do need to expand our donor base, from the bottom to the top. That goes for all our sports.

Well, Liberty is going to become the bully C-DOA will regret inviting to the party.

Read an article you can get a MMB F4 ticket cheaper than a WBB F4 ticket. Disclaimer of course the men are in a stadium, women in an arena.

The South Carolina/Iowa matchup could be entertaining.
    Men’s Final Four tickets have always been cheap. In 2012 I went to the final in New Orleans for $35.

Predictably, the demand to watch a college basketball game on a Monday night from the third level of a football stadium isn’t super high.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information