Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FAU

Default Re: FAU

Below is the list of NCAA appearances since 2010 (so 14 is the highest number possible, as I counted 2020 bids, as appearances) of schools that also field a FBS program. To be clear, this is CURRENT FBS programs, so some of these appearances were before they actually had a FBS program, but that was WAY too much work to sift through for me.

When you are combine football success, the ones that really stand out are: SDSU, Cincy, UH, Memphis, BYU and Boise. Coincidentally, those are programs that are either headed to P5 status or are always in the discussion.

San Diego State MWC 10
    Cincy AAC 9
    NMSU Indy/WAC 9
    U Conn Indy/Big East 7
    Houston AAC 6
    Memphis AAC 6
    Temple AAC 6
    Utah State MWC 6
    BYU Indy/WCC 6
    Buffalo MAC 4
    Boise State MWC 4
    New Mexico MWC 4
    UNLV MWC 4
    Nevada MWC 4
    Ga State SBC 4
    MTSU CUSA 3
    UAB CUSA 3
    Ohio MAC 3
    Akron MAC 3
    Colorado State MWC 3
    ODU SBC 3
    Liberty Indy/ASUN 3
    SMU AAC 2
    Tulsa AAC 2
    NTSU CUSA 2
    WKU CUSA 2
    Kent St MAC 2
    Wyoming MWC 2
    Coastal Carolina SBC 2
    Louisiana SBC 2
    USF AAC 1
    FAU CUSA 1
    UTEP CUSA 1
    W Michigan MAC 1
    Fresno State MWC 1
    Hawaii MWC 1
    James Madison SBC 1
    Marshall SBC 1
    App State SBC 1
    Troy SBC 1
    USM SBC 1
    U Mass Indy/A10 1
    Tulane AAC 0
    UCF AAC 0
    Navy AAC 0
    E Carolina AAC 0
    UTSA CUSA 0
    Rice CUSA 0
    FIU CUSA 0
    Charlotte CUSA 0
    La Tech CUSA 0
    BGSU MAC 0
    Miami Ohio MAC 0
    Toledo MAC 0
    E Michigan MAC 0
    Ball State MAC 0
    C Michigan MAC 0
    N Illinois MAC 0
    Air Force MWC 0
    San Jose State MWC 0
    Ga Southern SBC 0
    So Alabama SBC 0
    ULM SBC 0
    Texas State SBC 0
    Arkansas State SBC 0
    Army Indy/Patriot 0

2. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, first Geauxcajuns made me realize that the site I was looking at was including the NCAA games as part of their Quad 1 win total which I'm not sure it did that. They really only scheduled 1 OOC Quad 1 game and the other two came in their conference. That would be similar to us this year with the exception of us having Quad 1 conference opponents.
    Awe Man! You burst my bubble, I was going to do a countdown to 1 scheduled hoping we stopped at two scheduled, thinking we had 3 more NEVERs to go.

It's all good.

As a side note, FAU will receive $0 from the NCAA conference payouts because they are changing conferences. The payouts are made the following year, and as part of the contract they have with CUSA, you must still be a member to receive your part. It seems this is pretty standard contract language from what I can gather.

Still the amount of money they are making from exposure and the move to the AAC dwarfs whatever portion of the $10M estimated going to CUSA would be.

SunBelt portion is estimated to be $2M.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When have we ever scheduled 6 quad 1 games, period?
    FIFY

5. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The budget for SDSU that I came across was around $20 million while ours was listed as $33 million.
    San Diego State's budget was $50 million in 2021 : https://knightnewhousedata.org/fbs/m...itution_data-2

Creighton's budget is $27 million (no football)

And this proves to me is that if Div. 1 football had a true playoff system, not subjective picks....10 conference winners plus 6 at large, in 5-10 years, you would see the 16th, and 15th and 8th, and 7th....playing for a national title.

NCAA basketball does it right, NCAA baseball does it right, NCAA softball does it right....

The playoff system they have starting in 2024 is still just subjective picks. This sucks.

The biggest lie that March Madness reveals EVERY year is the lie of the RPI, now NET.

My favorite definition of Parity is my own. Parity is that which happens when the system it relates to is based on elitism.

RPI and NET will always be skewed to the elite conferences due to the Home Court advantage.

On neutral courts, like the Tourney, we see there is really no difference from the top half of the "Mid-Majors" to nearly all of the "Majors".

Another interesting detail, of the 40 starting players in the Elite 8, only one was a true Freshman.

Major devaluation of the one and done Freshmen, experience matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Another interesting detail, of the 40 starting players in the Elite 8, only one was a true Freshman.

Major devaluation of the one and done Freshmen, experience matters.
    Or the impact of NIL.

10. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    And this proves to me is that if Div. 1 football had a true playoff system, not subjective picks....10 conference winners plus 6 at large, in 5-10 years, you would see the 16th, and 15th and 8th, and 7th....playing for a national title.

NCAA basketball does it right, NCAA baseball does it right, NCAA softball does it right....

The playoff system they have starting in 2024 is still just subjective picks. This sucks.
    A problem is, the NCAA doesn't control College Football postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    And they day is coming the nutless NCAA will lose control of March Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    No, I don’t think that. And that’s not at all what I said.

On another note, why can’t we be just like ULM? I mean they beat Alabama in football that one single time. That clearly means they’re the better program.
    They were last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And they day is coming the nutless NCAA will lose control of March Madness.
    Don't think so. All this NIL crap seems to be making men's basketball police itself. A non G-5 school may not be able to subsidize it's football program. But men's & women's basketball can be easily subsidized by a top fan base & a few generous donors that like winning in the sport. It appears that a few basketball programs have already figured out the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    As a side note, FAU will receive $0 from the NCAA conference payouts because they are changing conferences. The payouts are made the following year, and as part of the contract they have with CUSA, you must still be a member to receive your part. It seems this is pretty standard contract language from what I can gather.

Still the amount of money they are making from exposure and the move to the AAC dwarfs whatever portion of the $10M estimated going to CUSA would be.

SunBelt portion is estimated to be $2M.
    I'm sure the conference won't mind if they defer paying any exit fees then. Something tells me that FAU's check is gonna be fat & that they will get a chunk of that money, or they'll be in court with CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Did not know this. Thanks. Then we will never have a true national champ. So sad.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information