Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FAU

Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Have you seen FAU's twin towers? Their athleticism at guard is great. They just beat the best guard tandem in this tournament. Plus they have a guy who can drain the three at will. They keep him throttled, but he's got deep three range. FAU has the best combination of everything it takes to win this tournament. With only three losses, this team should have been seeded much higher than they were.
    No I haven’t seen them play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    No I haven’t seen them play at all.
    You'll be like.....Damn, they good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This cannot be a serious post.

You think one and done in two out of the last thirteen years has done more for us than what an Elite 8 appearance has done for one of those programs?

I hope you’re trolling.
    No, I don’t think that. And that’s not at all what I said.

On another note, why can’t we be just like ULM? I mean they beat Alabama in football that one single time. That clearly means they’re the better program.

4. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    No, I don’t think that. And that’s not at all what I said.

On another note, why can’t we be just like ULM? I mean they beat Alabama in football that one single time. That clearly means they’re the better program.
    Different sport, different scenario.

Untapped opportunities not withstanding, basketball has many more untapped opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Correct, especially going 5-1 in Quad 1 games. No reason they should have had that crappy of a seeding. All the more reason to suggest that if they can do it so can we.
    When have we ever scheduled 6 quad 1 games, with Marlin?

It’s just refreshing in this annual exercise on RP the focus is on a team, FAU, a public university, with very little MBB history, a football program that is a resident of the Bottom Ten off and on lately, and the second smallest MBB budget of this year’s dance participants, who dwells in a NIL hotbed.

It’s refreshing not to have the annual why can’t we be like (put in your favorite private, non FBS university), where it’s apples and oranges. Not trolling, just an observation.

Hope springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s just refreshing in this annual exercise on RP the focus is on a team, FAU, a public university, with very little MBB history, a football program that is a resident of the Bottom Ten off and on lately, and the second smallest MBB budget of this year’s dance participants, who dwells in a NIL hotbed.

It’s refreshing not to have the annual why can’t we be like (put in your favorite private, non FBS university), where it’s apples and oranges. Not trolling, just an observation.

Hope springs eternal.
    This is the tournament of mid majors. You keep using FAU as your only comparison but when we have a larger athletic budget than San Diego State and Creighton and those are only two schools I bothered to look up we are financially on the same field. We just haven't committed to doing something about it. Not sure what the differentiation between the private and public thing is with you as those private schools don't always have endless money nor do they always have a full commitment to win.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Never

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sure, I would too. But once again, apples and oranges. A private university and one that doesn’t fund a FBS football program.

I put the research out there related to public, non power universities and the NCAA finals. Didn’t pull it out the air. FAU is a valid comparison…why did lightening in a bottle happen?

I’m never saying no we can’t, but I’m not ignorant of the mountain. It takes a commitment that few public universities our program’s size are willing to make.

Anyone questioning how Miami and FAU fared so well being based in the same general base? NIL fertile population.

Enjoy the moment, either FAU or SDSU will be doing something by being in the finals that has happened a handful of times in our lifetimes.
    To be fair, just because they’re a private university does not give them any advantage over us. They play in an average conference in an average arena and accomplished that. To be honest with you, it’s rare to see many mid-major private schools outside of Gonzaga or a Big East member to do what they did.

We live in a 6 hour radius of cities like Houston, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Mobile. That’s not including Acadiana and the portal. Going into last season, we had the 2nd largest budget to Georgia State in the conference and one similar to SDSU. I’m not saying we should be in the Final Four, but making a tournament run should not be something looked down upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Either FAU, Creighton or San Diego St. will be in the national championship game. How about that! A non P5 school will play for the NCAA basketball championship.
    All three were under-seeded, because non P5’s get screwed. They just blew that all up, but don’t expect that to change, even if one wins it all. No one, at the powers that be, are happy with this final four, it is a nightmare scenario for them.

I will be interested to see what TV ratings are for the next three games.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    To be fair, just because they’re a private university does not give them any advantage over us. They play in an average conference in an average arena and accomplished that. To be honest with you, it’s rare to see many mid-major private schools outside of Gonzaga or a Big East member to do what they did.

We live in a 6 hour radius of cities like Houston, Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Mobile. That’s not including Acadiana and the portal. Going into last season, we had the 2nd largest budget to Georgia State in the conference and one similar to SDSU. I’m not saying we should be in the Final Four, but making a tournament run should not be something looked down upon.
    The budget for SDSU that I came across was around $20 million while ours was listed as $33 million.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I know your stance on Marlin, but lets put all the cards on the table.

FAU scheduled (1) OOC quad 1 game, and played (2) quad 1 games in conference. Their total for 6 quad one games "scheduled" include Memphis, Tennessee, and Kansas State, all of which were NCAA tourney games.

They had a hell of a season, and I'm pulling for them to win it all, but after his first four years, if your stance is consistent, you would have been calling for May's head. This isn't an endorsement of Marlin, but just pointing out how things may be viewed in hindsight knowing they are in the final four right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    They had a hell of a season, and I'm pulling for them to win it all, but after his first four years, if your stance is consistent, you would have been calling for May's head. This isn't an endorsement of Marlin, but just pointing out how things may be viewed in hindsight knowing they are in the final four right now.
    If you look at both Marlin's and May's 1st 4 years at their respected schools, they records are very similar. The difference is that May is in the Final Four in his 5th season while Marlin made the NCAA Tournament in his 4th.

14. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Never
    When have we ever scheduled 5 quad 1 games, with Marlin?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When have we ever scheduled 5 quad 1 games, with Marlin?
    Well, first Geauxcajuns made me realize that the site I was looking at was including the NCAA games as part of their Quad 1 win total which I'm not sure it did that. They really only scheduled 1 OOC Quad 1 game and the other two came in their conference. That would be similar to us this year with the exception of us having Quad 1 conference opponents.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information